Print

Author Topic: Scariest Game  (Read 9949 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:30:51 PM »
What do you think is the scariest game ever? I think it's a tie between Fatal Frame 2 and The Suffering. Those games scared not only the crap out of me, but every other bodily substance out of me. Fatal Frame 2 is scary and cool because of the disturbing atmosphere and graphics, and The Suffering because it's an awesome mix of shooter and survival-horror.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine and all Mario Parties. OMG!!!! A few Mario games that people hate!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mario, Mario, He''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 07:01:07 PM »
House of the Dead used to freak me out when I was little. I actually think it is quite humorous now.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 07:26:14 PM »
The Resident Evil remake for the GC was pretty suspenseful.

“I feel like I’m going to be pwned.” ~ Chupperson Weird

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »
Mario Early Years was so scary I almost pooped in my pants. The mutant zombies and the horrible poop elf made me sick.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 08:59:12 PM »
Eternal Darkness:Sanity's Requiem is a game that will mess with your head.  Of course, I enjoyed the game More when you went nuts.  There is only probably one part that really scared me, though the gradual insane effects kind of wear on you.  I actually started in the afternoon, cause I did hear it was a frightning game, but I was just getting really into it, and by then it was about 9 p.m., and my cousin and I were getting freaked out, but couldn't put the controller down.  Strange how we knew it was a bad idea, but insisted on continuing.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:09:51 PM »
Yeah, ED was pretty freaky for the first couple of hours, expecially the medieval level where you're trying to find Charlemagne.  After you get the ability to heal your own sanity, though, the game got rather boring.

This is a long shot, but...did anyone ever play the PC game Shivers?  THAT was a freaky game.  I'm still haunted by the eight note jingle indicating the presence of an invisible ghost somewhere nearby.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/23/2005 9:10:51 PM

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:11:41 PM »
I haven't played very many scary games, but I vote Eternal Darkness.

It scared me very badly twice. Once was cheap and once was cerebral.

"Soon this land will be as devoid of beauty as your face." ~Koal, Advance Wars Dual Strike

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:28:57 PM »
One thing that bugged me about that game...

The 33rd minute of the 3rd hour is 2:32, not 3:33.  I completely lost respect for the game after that scene.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/23/2005 10:29:22 PM

Jin

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 02:02:54 PM »
I say its either Fatal Frame 2 or Siren.
Andy

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The first time I encountered ReDeads

"It's impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »
Oh, you're scared by ReDeads? You wouldn't stand a chance against Aliens vs. Predator 2. I'm serious, I wasn't scared at all by movies like Friday the Thirteenth, Halloween, Saw, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or even The Evil Daed, which was originally rated NC-17 because of the incredibly graphic scaryiness. No, it was AVP2 that did it for me. I was so freaked out when the Aliens would run up to you and hit, then just run away and make freaky noises. Or when the Predators dropped down and blew you half to bits, then cloaked themselves and mess with you head before killing you. If you play that game, play as a Marine; you will be scared to death. Then you'll be brought back to life, and the game scares you AGAIN.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 01:23:09 AM »
I think that Fatal Frame 2 is pretty scary.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 09:26:02 AM »
Hey, those ReDead screams made me jump the first time I played...

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »
I was a little freaked out by the ReDeads when I first got caught in the sights of one. And I have never been freaked out by anything in a movie or game before or after that happened.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Print