Print

Author Topic: Most frustrating Mario moment.  (Read 8003 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 08:59:49 PM »
SMS- I hated Pinata Village's "The Goopy Inferno" episode. It took me forever to figure it out.
SM64- The Bullies in Lethal Lava Land.
SM64DS- Getting the Switch Star in "Bowser in the Fire Sea"; getting 149 stars but then having to play SM64DS over again because of that stupid Boo bug!

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 8/25/2005 8:00:09 PM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 09:50:14 PM »
Someone said something about a Toad giveing you the star if you miss one because of the Boo thing.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 10:00:18 PM »
Didn't work. I have tried it 3 times.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 01:05:11 AM »
SMRPG: Same as Sapphs. The Nimbus Land vines. SO frustrating!

MK:DD: Not able to get enough points for 1st place.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »
Missing too many Stylish commands, thereby not getting enough power and dying in PM2's Pit of 100 Trials while fighting Bonetail. That controller doesn't work near as well as it used to, if you catch my drift.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/26/2005 1:22:47 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 12:35:15 AM »
That level in Super Mario Brothers 3, Iced Land (level 5, maybe?) where you have to fly up a narrow tower carrying a shell so you can break through blocks and get to the pipe.  To date I have never beaten that level without P-Wings.

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 09:31:10 AM »
"That level in Super Mario Brothers 3, Iced Land (level 5, maybe?) where you have to fly up a narrow tower carrying a shell so you can break through blocks and get to the pipe. To date I have never beaten that level without P-Wings."

I am pretty sure that is World 7-2... yeah, it was pretty frustrating.

Other Frustrations:
SM64 - Not the bullies in Lethal Lava Land themselves, but that one star "Bully the Bullies". Urg, that took me so long to complete that I had 4 out of the 5 other stars there done when I got it... the sixth star is also frustrating.

SMB - The end of World 8-2, where you had to get on one small block at the very edge, start running, and hopefully make it across to the other one so you can jump. I died so many times doing that...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 11:15:41 AM »
Ice Land is level 6, Pipe Land is level 7, and that particular level is from Ice land.  Insane Steve said the level number before.  I thought it was 6-5.

Um... Oh, of course.  I am HORRIBLE at RPGs.  Except Pokemon maybe, but I kept restarting that game so many times that I didn't beat it until 8 years after I got it.  Anyway, I still haven't past Trunkle in Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Sega.  I haven't played in a while either, so...

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »
Hmm, I think that the worst mario experience for me was when I was like 5 years old.I fought my way all the way to world 8 (I didn't know of the warp whistles or P-Wings when I was young.)I wasted all of my lives and items in world 8-1. Argh, that level still gives me bad memories.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 11:40:38 AM »
How could I forget the vines in SMRPG?  Gah!

For me I didn't have to much trouble beating the bullies when I figured out a good system after awhile of trial and error, but the ice bully in the snowman world always tormented me even when I ran through the game a second time.  But I think that the Bullies should appear in a Mario Party game because they could make a fun mini-game IMO.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 05:29:15 PM »
I'm terrible at video games, and I don't play them that much, so I couldn't name a most frustrating moment.  That said, those bullies were EASY.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 05:49:46 PM »
SMRPG had the most insane bosses. I had trouble beating that Croco guy at the start! I also find it annoying that Piantas hate Mario in SMS. They dance around like retards, with no gift or anything for the poor guy, right after he saves their sorry butts.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 8/27/2005 4:50:23 PM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 08:42:44 PM »
I was going to post my own, nut all seem to be covered here, and then some. Still, the frustrations make the game more enjoyable. Now my next frustration would be to wait for my GameCube to be returned fixed.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2005, 09:17:04 AM »
PM2: as shadow mario i always tryed to use vivian to avoid battling that hyper cleft but he would always fall asleep right above where i was hiding so when i tryed to get out, i would always jump on him and take damage.
 i am the Link! but you can call me... uh... the Link

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 09:20:08 AM »
My most frustrating time was collecting every medal in Super Mario Bros. DX. But I did it, and in the process it made me a beast at SMB.

"That level" is indeed 6-5 (uh, I think) and Bullies are so-so.

"Soon this land will be as devoid of beauty as your face." ~Koal, Advance Wars Dual Strike

Print