Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World troubles  (Read 3692 times)

« on: August 09, 2006, 09:03:50 PM »
First, I have noticed that there are several parts of the game where I can't jump over a wall without spin-jumping (and therefore losing Yoshi). Is this intentional?

Also, I am stuck in Morton's Castle. There are some jumps that I cannot make even WITH spin-jumping (and some that I can juuuuust barely make at all). Specifically,

PS. I'm playing the game on SNES9x, an Emulator for the Mac.

This image marks the specific jumps i cannot make at all: http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/cactusbob2k2/smworld1.jpg (I can't directly attach the image, as it gives me the "image hosted by Angelfire" pic.)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
Welcome to the forums. I've attached the image to my post so others can see it.

Nice to have another Mac user, too.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
Also, another problem I seem to have - my jumps don't have a lot of "oomph" to them. I was told that if I hold down the A I get a stronger jump, but all that does is give me a bunch of tiny jumps.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 10:11:39 PM »
Odd. Spin Jumps are lower than normal jumps. Maybe it's the fact you're using an emulator... I mean, when I use emulators this is never a problem but it sounds like it's your key repeating when you hold it. You know, like when you're typing and hold a, you get "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." When you're playing and you hold whatever the button is assigned to, you get "jumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjump" instead of "JUUUUUMP!" ...Does any of that make sense? Well, what I'd suggest is increase the time it would take for the keyboard to repeat itself, or if the buttons are set to turbo turn the turbo off.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 11:15:14 PM »
I set the keyboard repeat rate to the longest possible rating, so that if I hold down A, it should be 10 seconds before I get another A. And I'm still getting "jumpjumpjump" instead of "JUUUUUUUMP!" (I have spacebar set for A.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:19:12 PM by OomPapaMowMow »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 11:35:41 PM »
For emulators, I find the modifer keys (Command, Shift, Option, Control) work best for keypresses.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 05:27:47 AM »
Problem solved! It turns out that it was set to activate Auto Fire everytime I had A, B, and Right held down!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:42:20 AM by OomPapaMowMow »

Print