Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 49673 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2003, 12:44:10 AM »
If you need any help with putting the menu in frames or anything else let me know.

I was cleaning out my website to make room for my game and found a lot of my old sweepstakes website backedup on geocities.  You can see it at http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/index2.html
 if you want. Sorry about the popup.

Edited by - luigison on 6/14/2003 11:58:17 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2003, 07:55:24 AM »
That would be great, Luigison!  But we're going to set that up in a few weeks.  I'll e-mail you when we're ready!  BTW, CHECK OUT THE SITE!

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2003, 07:03:56 PM »
What's up? Is that REALLY the final look of your site? There's not much in it-from 4 people! I think I might've done more by myself....I just think that there should be more...

I have a great idea!.....You'll see it in Mario Chat....it'll deal with our sites and I'll be the author....

"We came in to this world as muppets, look in to these eyes-you see that they''re googly.
Big Bird''s in his nest, Oscar''s in his can, Ernie''s a guy that lives with another man..."
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2003, 08:36:19 PM »
Hey, a bit of advice for ye "Gamers' Haven" folk:

Microsoft, the evil entity that they are, are always pushing their campaign to remove compatability with old, ineffecient, or non-Microsoft devices, programs, and file types; their hope is to crush everything non-Microsoft with their market prowess.
Anyway, so far in this campaign, newer Microsoft products no longer support 8-bit color, resolutions below 640x480, most DOS-based programs, all Netscape-based plugins, and, for some reason, bitmaps.

Suffice to say:  if you want maximum viewability of your site, I'd suggest you use a file format other than bitmaps.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2003, 08:40:33 PM »
Thanks for the advice Fifth...As Soon as Sapphira gets Paint Shop Pro 8, Ill email my comics to her to be changed into .JPG...Ill let MM take care of the rest...Ya got to hate Microsoft...they ruin almost anything..

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2003, 09:07:42 PM »
Hey! I can turn them in to .jpg right now! Really!

"We came in to this world as muppets, look in to these eyes-you see that they''re googly.
Big Bird''s in his nest, Oscar''s in his can, Ernie''s a guy that lives with another man..."
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2003, 09:41:27 PM »
Ok Jon..er jon...Ill email them to you when I have some time..right now Im bogged down with work...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2003, 08:14:09 AM »
I looked at them as a JPEG, and it looks REALLY bad.  No, EXTREMELY HORRIBLE!  They look ok as bitmaps, and I have the newest version of Microsoft's crud!

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2003, 08:19:07 AM »
Um..Ok MM..then I guess I wont..if it will ruin them..

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2003, 08:23:32 AM »
It won't ruin them, but you can change it to see what it looks like.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2003, 11:41:47 AM »
Piece of advice: certain things (like screenshots from SNES/GBA or lower)--with less amounts of colors--look better in Gif format. Stuff with LOTS of colors, i.e. N64 or higher and renderings, looks best in JPG format.

Also, unless you have Paint Shop Pro or something similar (and know how to use it), if you change a bitmap into a gif or jpg, the image will become distorted.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2003, 11:44:10 AM »
Well i converted it into JPEG format and it looked horrible.  But maybe if i try gif format it wont look bad...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2003, 01:40:37 PM »
They look perfectly fine as JPEGs.

I'm unsure as to what you did to make them look bad.

The First One

The Second One

The Thrid One

The Fourth One

The Fifth One

The Sixth One

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2003, 02:18:01 PM »
Oh, I thought you were talking about our logo.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2003, 02:24:27 PM »
Oh, our logo will have to be in jpg format, or else the colors will be MAJORLY reduced.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print