Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 49689 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2003, 11:11:25 AM »
 Indeed. The current Navigation bar also seems a bit out of place, in my opinion. It's partially the Teal color, I think. It clashes indefinitely with your background.

However, the color isn't all of it. A solid design is needed, I believe. Right now, it's just a little bar, out of nowhere. What you need is to base the whole layout on that bar. Such as, making it go to the bottom of the page.

As things currently stand, that last suggestion would make things look worse. Mainly because it's a long way down. You don't necessarily need to make the bar itself go all of the way down, but it may be better to not have the "News/Updates" go under it if, if you know what I mean.

Scrolling down to get to some of the sections isn't a bad thing, per say, but if you're going to do that, it's best to have an organized look. Another suggestion, may be to not keep every single update right on the main page. Make a limit, and then have the newer ones push the elder ones off of the page. You can easily create another section to keep track of past updates. In this way, it will make your design seem neater, and will allow your layout some room for your navigation bar, and such.

You're on the right track, but you just need to iron a few things out. ;)

Also, please note, when I say "you" and so on, I'm addressing the whole staff, and not a single person.

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2003, 11:13:23 AM »
I know, but I'm just trying to hurry and get this thing back on the air.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2003, 01:15:45 PM »
I don't like the teal either. I was trying to find a color that would look best. I don't know the coding for different colors, and the choice they gave me weren't very good.

I'll try to get up a page entitled "updates archive" or something to that effect. We should probably leave it in intervals of 10 or 15 (right now it's 12), and then separate each section of the archive by month.

I'm trying to fix the nav bar--I realize it suddenly just stops, when I'd like it to go down to the whole page, no matter how long it gets. As I said, I'm new to HTML, so please bear with me.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2003, 01:17:42 PM »
Sapphira, I'll handle it!  No problem!  I'm working on it and it's doing fine!  I even found out how to make it go down to the bottom of the page!

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2003, 01:47:20 PM »
Hey, sweet! It's looking good!
Oh, and I changed the teal color to a better color. I kinda like the look of mine better than yours, no offense. Can you edit yours to look like mine--in the better format so it goes down the rest of the page? I can do it for you, if you'd like.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2003, 01:48:40 PM »
Well hold on!  I'm not done yet!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2003, 01:56:27 PM »
Okay, sorry... I can get impatient sometimes... heheheh...

--------------------

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2003, 01:58:10 PM »
That's ok.  BTW, I sent you a few e-mails...  One about what you meant by Renders and Affilates, and another was if it was ok if i let my friend be a member.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2003, 02:09:14 PM »
Renders are official artwork from Nintendo, like what they put all thru-out Player's Guides, NP, and instruction manuals.
As for affiliates, see page 10 of this topic.

Now as for your friend, it'd probably best if we got to know him first in the Fungi Forums here. I personally don't mind, if you think he's a good recommendation.

--------------------

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2003, 02:12:16 PM »
Ok.  Got it.

« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2003, 02:20:25 PM »
By the way, what you meant by: stretching the navigation bar to the bottom of the page, did you mean to stretch the box by filling it up with empty space?  Or did you mean to keep the text from going to the left after the table ends?  Either way it'll be easy to change.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2003, 02:28:41 PM »
"Or did you mean to keep the text from going to the left after the table ends?"
--This one, the latter question.

--------------------

« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2003, 02:29:14 PM »
Ok, no prob.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2003, 03:49:32 PM »
 Eh, did I come off a bit insulting? I'm sorry, I hadn't meant it that way. I was simply just giving a few friendly suggestions.

And the new bar does look nice.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2003, 03:55:41 PM »
No, no, no! I have never found your comments to be insulting. I appreciate the comments--good or bad--and suggestions and find them helpful. Feedback is certainly welcome; it will help make our site a better.

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/25/2003 2:56:20 PM

Print