Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 49709 times)

« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2003, 06:35:13 PM »
Would any of you be interested in me making something like an advertisement for your site? It would be something like those advertisements that's always above the boards.......

-----------------------------

Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!

Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2003, 06:37:21 PM »
See-something like that, but of Gamer's Haven!!! I'll put the ad on my site, you know....I'll do it for free(duh). So, how bout it?

« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2003, 06:38:22 PM »
Uh, that Yoshi one sux, sorry!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2003, 06:45:59 PM »
Jon, I think it'd look better if you edited it a bit. When the background color of your ad changes from Red to Black, you can still see the left overs of the Red. It'd look a little nicer if you covered the whole ad in black after the transition. Otherwise it looks a bit rushed, and sloppy.

Other than that, it's nice for a simple little ad.

Edited by - Black Mage on 6/25/2003 5:47:31 PM

« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2003, 06:57:32 PM »
I KNOW that-I just messed up and didn't feel like fixing it. But I made sure I didn't make that mistake with that Bowser one.

« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2003, 07:04:34 PM »
Hey, Black Mage, do you work in Gamers Haven? You seem to be here a bit.

Oh, and I saw earlier that you wante to use a Flash Navigation thingy-dont, they might be good looking for your site, but frames is better.

Hey, does anyone have and ROMs? I need some. But they have to be MARIO ONLY! Computer games is what the jon needs ^_^.

Hey, I read in TMK birthdays today that Deezer started his site at Geocities!!! If my site gets good enough, it will move up! My web site dream will come true!!!! ^_^

« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2003, 07:08:16 PM »
Ummm... thnx for the offer on the ads jon, but I think just being affliates... or whatever, will be better.  If we're going to have any ads... we're gonna get money off 'em.  Sorry, but we'll post your MARIOTENDO logo as the link to your site.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2003, 07:09:41 PM »
I didn't mean MY ads. I meant making an ad for YOUR site. But, now, forget it.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2003, 07:10:22 PM »
"Hey, Black Mage, do you work in Gamers Haven? You seem to be here a bit."

No.

"Oh, and I saw earlier that you wante to use a Flash Navigation thingy-dont, they might be good looking for your site, but frames is better."

Flash's main problem is its loading time. While I'm unsure if you were addressing me, as I never said anything about flash, I'm much more on the side of a Frame-less Navagation bar. Their current one looked nice.

"Hey, does anyone have and ROMs? I need some. But they have to be MARIO ONLY! Computer games is what the jon needs ^_^."

Uhm, someone posted a site that had Mario Computer games. Not the Console ones, but like Mario Teaches Typing and such. Let me dig it up.

http://www.the-underdogs.org

As for ROMS, you can find them at various sites.

« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2003, 07:13:02 PM »
I have a whole bunch.  Including Mario & Wario.  I just found them wherever.  Like on yahoo and google.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?

Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2003, 07:18:22 PM »
.......well, ok, I know about the computer games thread. Don't you need permission from the owner to put their ROMs on your site? I know that Flash slows it down and I, too perfer frames.

Here's my opinion about Gamer's Haven logo MY OPINION!!!!! I like it except for one thing........PEACH! I hate Peach! Ever since Mario Kart 64, I've hated her and DK!

They always were the hardest(and most cheatingest characters in the game)! I hated Peach for saying "Thank You" after passing me up (dang her) and i hate DK for being a monkey in a kart.

I know that that doesn't deal with Gamer's Haven, but whenever I see Peach, grrrrr!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2003, 07:27:30 PM »
".......well, ok, I know about the computer games thread. Don't you need permission from the owner to put their ROMs on your site? I know that Flash slows it down and I, too perfer frames."

ROMS are illegal in any scenario. It matters not. The old saying was "As long as you delete them after 24 hours," and another was "You can keep them only if you have the original cart." However, that's not true.

They're illegal no matter what. However, it's a rarely enforced law, and many pay no mind to it.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2003, 07:48:43 PM »
You got a problem wit' da princess, jon? :P
I just used the 4 most popular/famous Mario characters (in and out of the Mario universe). Besides, it needs a girl in it--makes it more diverse (besides, I'm a blonde-haired, blue-eyed chick whom has been given the title "princess", too. :P

And I stuck with Mario characters. She's the most popular.  Besides, she's my second favorite Nintendo character (first being Yoshi). How could I leave her out? ;P

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2003, 08:54:17 PM »
Mario Master!!! Please tell me you still have all of our old updates we posted, because they're missing!!! If you erased them, I'm gonna be VERY ticked off!!!

Oh yeah, and I improved the Nav Bar.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2003, 09:06:03 PM »
Well, I only hate Peach really because of Mario Kart 64, but she's ok(I still just..never mind).

Anyways, about the site, are you still using that one stupid background? THAT there makes your site so bad, I hate it(the background). Hope you have a better one!

Oh, are you guys going to make a site button? If you have one or something, give it to me, ok?

Print