Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 49698 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2003, 08:09:17 PM »
Gah! The server was too busy so I haven't been able to get on for half an hour!

I'm glad you like it. :)  Oh, I made the text better for you, jon. Tell me which you like better. The one with white text I can change to any color.

2 and 3

As for the comics, feel free to send them in. As to whether they'll be put up or not...I'll have to talk to the other staffers.

--------------------

Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/27/2003 7:10:10 PM

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2003, 08:46:29 PM »
Your pages don't work that you gave me...

Oh, did you know that with your Kong Wars comic, it's hard to see the letters without pusing that arrow button that makes it bigger. You should probably make the text bigger or tell people to makeit bigger.
Oh, I liked the part when Diddy said, "Sapphira calls that a planet?"
It looked better then what I could do! But that was pretty funny^_^

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2003, 09:05:28 PM »
lol, thanks. :)
Sorry the text isn't bigger, but it's hard fitting a whole bunch of words into one frame. The words appear fine to me on my comp at 800x600 pixels. Oh well. Anyway, I'm glad you like it. :)

As for the links... Do what Black Mage said on the previous page. What I did was click on the link, highlight the URL and copy-paste it back in, then click enter. It should work then.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2003, 09:11:11 PM »
Okay, never mind; that's not working, either. Try having the Gamers' Haven site up in another window, then click reload in the Forums window.

Edit-- Nevermind. Copy-paste the URL of the images INTO the window that the Gamers' Haven site's in.

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/27/2003 8:14:49 PM

« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2003, 09:54:24 PM »
You don't have to worry about space to put up my game, you can just mirror it off my site, I have unlimited bandwidth. I don't exactly have a button for my site; it's kind of an orphan site.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 6/27/2003 8:55:12 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2003, 08:29:22 AM »
Well your game doesn't work on my comp...

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2003, 09:43:03 AM »
That's probably because you need DirectX 8.1 or higher. You can get version 9.0a at microsoft.com
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2003, 12:04:28 PM »
Ok, I saw them. I'm going with the rainbow lettered one-#2..... it looks perfect^_^. Exactly how I had wanted it. Thank you Sapphira for doing that. If you look, the button is already up on the site.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2003, 12:21:32 PM »
You're welcome. And thank you; I'm glad you like it. ^_^

--------------------

« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2003, 12:26:53 PM »
Now if only I understood Flash.....

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2003, 12:32:21 PM »
Don't look at me; I don't have a clue. @_@

Hey, jon, the link button to Gamers' Haven looks distorted on your site. Could you re-save and upload our new one that's in jpg format?

--------------------

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2003, 12:37:30 PM »
Disorted, huh? That's not the button, that's the, uhhhhh, I knew you would say that sometime. Wait-you have a JPG one now? Okey Dokey, I'll get to it!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2003, 12:44:01 PM »
 Jon, Flash 5 comes with its own turtorial. I'm not exactly sure if I remember it's exact location, but I'm quite sure that if you go to the "Help" bar at the top, it'd be in there.

I went through it once, and a couple of sections twice, before, and that gave me a basic understanding of how it works. If you take the time to go through it, I'm sure you'd have a better understanding of the program itself.

Also, if you need more, I do believe there are tutorials online, which could easily be found with a little searching.

« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2003, 12:46:41 PM »
Hey CC, your game still doesn't work!  It says something about ERROR 10.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2003, 12:51:46 PM »
I know about that-the tuturials. I know how to make buttons/sound/drawing, stuff like that. I just need to see how things work with the timeline! I need to learn to make the button when you push it start the movie. My aunt might check it out today.

Print