Print

Author Topic: Luigi in Mario 64?  (Read 17872 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 05:00:07 PM »
I hope that "fake Luigi pic" guy isn't the one that e-mailed TMK asking if SMRPG was released for the N64. Or the guy who called TMK liars and said that you could make it past -1 in SMB and fight the Goomba King from PM. How could you fight someone before they're even created? Or even before the creation of the system before that? Boy, J.J. got fired up on those two questions. J.J. is awesome!

Hey Luigi pic dude, do you know what the minus world is? Heh heh, tricky one a for a newbie, eh? I'm just wondering if this guy knows.

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 05:03:42 PM »
Nintendomillenium, when you said "one for the records," were you meaning records for lying? Hmmm..... Luigi is NOT in SM64, and that's all I have to say about it.

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 08:06:29 PM »
<sarcasm>Yeah, he obviously knew the pics were fake</sarcasm>

Why do we drink COW milk?  Who was the guy who said, "I think I''ll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze ''em!"?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 08:28:01 PM »
Ok ok. Let me clear this up. (Although it already has been. :p) In very early ideas for Super Mario 64, they were going to put Luigi into the game as a bonus for completing a special mission. However, in the end they decided not to for memory space reasons. Soon after the game was released, someone decided to be a moron and use this small statement about Luigi to make one of those rediculous fake codes. Well, they made some fake pictures, and many believed these pcitures for reasons I will never know. The bottom line: Those pictures are fake. There never were any official pictures of LUigi in Super Mario 64. Luigi was one idea for it, but was abandoned early on, much before the game was released or even completed. Oh and it's "Nintendo Power" not Powers you dunderpate!

My cause is worthy. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of darkness.*Eats slice of pizza* Virtue is what you must achieve. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 10:10:58 PM »
1. "About 5 years ago" could be four years.
2. April, 1999? April 1st, perhaps?
3. The other picture looks like they pasted Luigi's head in from Mario Kart 64. And the "121?" Child's play with any decent photo app.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 10:39:31 PM »
 Heh, I'm sorry. I hate to give this thread more attention, but well, meh.

Chupperson Weird has explained my comment. I was making a rough estimate based on my school years. I had believed it came out my 6th grade year. I must have been wrong. No matter.

Nintendo Power, April 1999, you say?

It just so happens I have that issue.

Volume 119:

Beetle Adventure Racing - Cover story.

Exclusive Shots! Star Wars: Episode I: Racer

Hot Previews:
-A Bug's Life
-Re-Volt

Super Smash Bros.  -- And a Smashing Contest!

Yes sir. I decided to check out your fabulously scanned images for myself.

To my surprise, however, I was unable to locate them by flipping through each page.

Maybe you'd like to clue me in on which page it's on. Do tell, my friend.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 11:57:12 PM »
I also have that issue. It's not in there. I checked over and over but nothing. It would appear that your pathetic rumour has been shot down Nintendomillenium. Next time you wanna start up a fake code or rumor, make sure you have your facts straight.

My cause is worthy. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of darkness.*Eats slice of pizza* Virtue is what you must achieve. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2003, 12:46:47 PM »
Has it occured to you that maybe NintendoMillinium believed the pictures?

Why do we drink COW milk?  Who was the guy who said, "I think I''ll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze ''em!"?

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2003, 05:51:08 PM »
New and exciting updates in the field of "Luigi in Super Mario 64" theories!

Newest theory:  Luigi is actually present in Mario 64 throughout the entire game!

That's right, Luigi is actually in the castle at the same time as Mario, but is never ever seen.  He does his best to hide from Mario and the Lakitu cameraman, preferring circular places like the basement area just outside Lethal Lava Land where he can easily dupe his brother by running to the opposite side of the passageway.  This way he can avoid being discovered, even if Mario decides to run in circles.

Artist's Rendering

But why is Luigi constantly hiding like this?  Rumor has it that he snuck into the castle to try and make a surprise appearance, despite his being removed early on from the idea phase.  Others believe the Luigi is trying to sabotage Mario's solo career, and is actually responsible for more of the castle's traps than Bowser.

Nobody, however, can really say for sure

More on this exciting news as it develops!

Go Moon!

Go Moon!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2003, 06:14:29 PM »
ROFFNR!!!   Where did you hear that?

Edited by - Markio on 8/30/2003 6:08:03 PM

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2003, 06:21:38 PM »
They aren't lying!  I came across a glitch that allows you to play as Luigi!  I don't know what happened, but in the hallway that goes to the first Bowser area, I somehow got past the barrier!  I just kind of slid into the wall and came out the other side!  Excited, I ran over to the Bowser picture, and jumped in.  Mario just jumped back out again.  I jumped in a bunch more times, but it didn't work.  Then, remembering all the tricks that had to do with the number "64", I jumped in until it was presisely 64 times in and out.  On the sixty-fourth jump, Mario jumped out and was clutching a green hat!  Let me tell you, I about ****ped my pants when I saw this.  I know you think I'm lying, but this is all true.  It allowed me to save and I was able to walk back down the hallway into the main area without the trap door or barrier.  Oh yeah, and the Peach-to-Bowser painting was then Mario to Luigi, and the Bowser level was now a cool bonus game.  I walked into the main area and headed down the stairs, and saw Luigi standing on the sun symbol!  I talked to him and he said something like: "Thank you Mario for helping me get out of that painting!  I should give you something in return!  Tell you what: I'll take care of the Princess, you should go home and rest!  You're all dirty and sweaty!" Mario then gave Luigi his hat back and walked out the front door.  I could play as Luigi!!!  Here's a few other things I noticed though:
1. Luigi can jump higher than Mario
2. Luigi does the same punch combo as in SSMB
3. The warp pipe that Mario comes out of in the beginning sticks out of the ground in front of the castle!  Go in it and you'll be at Mario and Luigi's HOUSE!!!  It's SO cool!  It's very much like the house from PM! And if you ground pound near Mario and Luigi's bed, you'll drop into a secret basement where you CAN GET THE 121st STAR!!!
(NO!  I'm NOT lying!  This is all true!)
4. If you start a new game, you can choose who you want to be for the start of the game.  If you pick Luigi, Peach's speech will include Luigi instead of Mario, and the cake will be a pie.
5. If you finish the game as Luigi, Peach will say Luigi instead of Mario, and pie instead of cake.  The "The End" screen at the end has a pie with a Luigi doll next to Yoshi.
6. If you beat it with 121 stars as Luigi, you'll get a special ending where Bowser falls from the sky, and you have to beat him once more on the castle grounds.  You can beat him by grabbing him by his tail and spinning him really fast.  Then throw him into the castle.  You win, and Bowser hops in his Clown Copter and flys off.  You then get a special ending where Daisy shows up and Luigi gets a kiss.  The ending picture has the whole gang around the pie, and Luigi has it all in his mustache.  Bowser is also looking in the window angrily.
7. If you beat it with all 121 stars as Mario, he gets a kiss from Peach and he blushes.
8. Luigi is WAY faster than Mario.  He runs at about 1.5 times the speed of Mario.
9. Luigi can't be hurt by falling.
10. (Possibly the coolest) Luigi's face is now on the "Press Start to Play" screen.  Playing with Luigi's face is a lot more fun too, as his face can stretch more.
11. Luigi doesn't sound like Mario.  He sounds like Luigi from Mario Kart 64.
12. I called the guys of Nintendo about this and they congratulated me on finding the 64th SM64 game made.  They explained the whole thing to me and said to try and find everything that was hidden.
13. All images you see are edited.  Luigi is taller than Mario by quite a bit, and he's a rather dark shade of green.
14.  Luigi blinks in morse code.  Though I thought this was stupid, I tried translating it.  It eventually came out to "SUPERLUIGI64ENJOY"  Which came out to "Super Luigi 64!  Enjoy!"
15. Luigi dreams about meatballs and speghetti rather than ravioli.
16. Luigi seems to have a problem with ghosts.  I can't seem to get him down the hallway to the courtyard!  The guys at Nintendo said there was a way, and if I made it I'd get an award.  I haven't found it yet.  Oh yeah, and every time I try to get him down the halway he just stops in front of the big ghost, screams, and runs back towards the basement.
17. Luigi can walk up slopes.
18. When shell surfing, Luigi bounces off of things rather than losing the shell.
19. Luigi seems to take less damage.
20. The caps seem to last longer on Luigi, and the wing cap is easier to manuver.  You don't have to dive and then pull up to gain altitude.
21. And finally, Luigi says "Hasta la vista Bowser" instead of "So long-a Bowser!".

Whew!  Questions?  Comments?

Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2003, 06:38:17 PM »
Are you sure? l=t

My brain is working at a rate of 00.4%. :P
------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2003, 06:43:22 PM »
Can you get screen shots? TvT

My brain is working at a rate of 00.4%. :P
------------------------------
"Smash anyone and anything that gets in your way!"-Falco, Star Fox: Assault

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2003, 07:01:43 PM »
That is the most ridiculous code rumor I've ever heard. I'm sorry but it is just plain not believable. I'm not even gonna ask for photo proff, because I know that you'll come up with some lame excuse like, "Oh I never got a picture of it. Sorry."

Meowrio- The Samurai Pizza Cat

Likes- Nintendo, Jazz, Cartoons, Frogs, Skunks, nature, Ramen Noodles.

Dislikes- Perfume, Processed Chicken, Hippies, X-Box, Playstation 2.  
= = = = = = =

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2003, 07:06:57 PM »
I think that is cool, but not sure if it's true.  Post pictures, though.  I like the other fake pictures, too.

Print