Print

Author Topic: How cool would it be...  (Read 13524 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
That's not satisfaction!  That's the promise of what could have been in the games!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »
Yeah! You know how disappointed I was when they didn't even get a speaking role in Mario & Luigi!? Wasted opportunity...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 05:23:20 PM »
There's nothing wrong with Wario's WW attire.  I just prefer his classic attire.

There's nothing wrong with 'modern' upright standing Yoshi either.  It's just that if that model is used in a "NSMW", it would look really awkward when he's being ridden.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »
The last two colors of Wario's classic are from the gameboy versions.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 06:42:13 PM »
There's nothing wrong with Wario's WW attire.  I just prefer his classic attire.

There's nothing wrong with 'modern' upright standing Yoshi either.  It's just that if that model is used in a "NSMW", it would look really awkward when he's being ridden.

What's so good about his classic attire?

Yoshi's modern look was used in SMS, and it didn't look that awkward to me.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 07:09:12 PM »
http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/47607/normal_m%26y.png
This is the better Yoshi. Look at the discontinued face!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 07:21:03 PM »
There's nothing wrong with Wario's WW attire.  I just prefer his classic attire.

There's nothing wrong with 'modern' upright standing Yoshi either.  It's just that if that model is used in a "NSMW", it would look really awkward when he's being ridden.

QFT

Also...
http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/47607/normal_m%26y.png
This is the better Yoshi. Look at the discontinued face!
Looks exactly the same to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »
Meh. The new Yoshi looks like a more intelligent entity. Maybe it's the vestigial arms on the old concept. And, new Yoshi can just bend if Mario has to heft his... superness... onto him. SMS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 08:02:06 PM »
It's the neck.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »
It seems like when Yoshi's Story came out, everyone assumed that the Yoshis in it were babies, since they had just hatched, and that Yoshi's original design would continue.  But later Nintendo decided that Yoshi's Story defined Yoshi's new look and voice, and the Yoshis in it had just developed very rapidly.  Am I making any sense here?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
What's so good about his classic attire?
I don't know.  It's just a personal preference.

It seems like when Yoshi's Story came out, everyone assumed that the Yoshis in it were babies, since they had just hatched, and that Yoshi's original design would continue.  But later Nintendo decided that Yoshi's Story defined Yoshi's new look and voice, and the Yoshis in it had just developed very rapidly.  Am I making any sense here?
Though Yoshi's SSBM model was based off his SMW design.  Otherwise, yeah.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 12:07:12 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking it took a few years for it to really take hold.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »
Yes, this would be awesome. Although, I'd like to see new additions to the engine like new poweups not already seen in NSMB.

Actually, I already was thinking about this a while ago. Since NSMB was so sucessful, how about some more games in the series? Like NSMB2, NSMB3, etc? They'd all be based on the original versions, but with new powerups, bosses, and other things - all with semi 3-D graphics! :)

Oh, and personally, I like new Yoshi better. The old Yoshi had weird proportions, even considering that he was a dinosaur. New Yoshi is much better. ;)
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Print