Print

Author Topic: What would the next big Mario game be like?  (Read 34214 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 11:23:51 PM »
Well so is Luigi's Mansion, but try telling me that's the same thing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »
Crosseyed7's SMW 3D idea has merit...  I would love to see caped Mario fly in 3 dimensions, maybe even have the Koopalings return instead of bigger versions of standard enemies for bosses.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »
I still don't get why everyone likes the koopalings so much. Bowser Jr. is way better.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 12:01:41 PM »
Them's fighting words! Bowser Jr. was cute at first, but once he started dancing around in the Mario Party games and gained a full voice in Mario Sunshine, I was done with him.

We haven't seen the Koopalings in ages, save for ports. We deserve to see them at least once more. If they gain voices and become annoying (imagine Big Mouth), then we can put them to rest.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 12:05:32 PM »
Well I like Bowser Jr. better because of Shadow Mario, and the paintbrush thing is pretty cool too.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »
If they gain voices and become annoying (imagine Big Mouth), then we can put them to rest.
But I like when they have annoying voices!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »
maybe even have the Koopalings return instead of bigger versions of standard enemies for bosses.
Yeah, sweet, let's have a bigger version of just one enemy, the Koopa, for all the bosses--including the last one with Bowser!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »
We haven't seen the Koopalings in ages, save for ports.

They were in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga as bosses.

I also agree that CrossEyed's 3D SMW is a good idea, and he's more or less right. SM64 was in the Mushroom Kingdom, however (a very small, very concentrated area).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41:35 PM »
The Koopalings were in Superstar Saga? I've almost beaten the game, and I don't remember seeing them.

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 08:41:23 PM »
According to MarioWiki, they're one of the last bosses you meet in the game, so I guess keep playing for a while longer. I'm surprised that I never heard this, makes me want to see screenshots.

EDIT: If you look on YouTube, you'll find them. They're indeed in the game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:46:24 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »
I think he'll have street lamps for legs.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:11 PM »
The Koopalings in M&L:SS have no dialog, no souls, no real purpose other than to make Bowser's Castle harder. That and, it's fan service. They may as well have brought back Wart, Tatanga and Stanley the Bugman while they were at it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were added at the last second before the game got released.
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 10:18:46 PM »
I think they ought to make another RPG.  Don't get me wrong, the Paper Mario series were probably great, but why not make one that looks awesome-awesome?  More similar to SMG, I mean.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »

I would love to see a more "serious" Mario game with a very dark and intricate story line. Some of the Mario RPGs have attempted at it, but I for one would love to see great character development and unexpected plot twists.  I guess it isn't in Mario's character to be in a game like that, but here's hoping...
No.  Sega did that with Sonic, and look what happened to him.  Save the the big story lines for the RPGs.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 01:26:33 AM »
*looks at Shadow the Hedgehog* Hm, good point.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Print