Print

Author Topic: This makes me mad... (Extremely Biased Article)  (Read 10839 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 10:01:21 PM »
Trainman, did you actually send that letter? Because there's an e-mail button next to the article title that you can send e-mails to them about that article.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 10:05:06 PM »
"According to many experts, Nintendo's most likely route is to eventually follow Sega's lead: get out of the brutally competitive console business and focus on software."

Those "experts" probably haven't even played a video game in their life.

Edited by - nintendofreak on 12/10/2003 8:15:38 PM
Deezer was here.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 10:50:33 PM »
Yes, I did send it. I searched for the "Contact Us" button and found a similar "Write To Us" thing. So, yep, I just tried to stomp their butts in the ground and they deserve it.

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 11:23:27 PM »
I don't see any "lies" in that article. I think you're all just mad because your beloved Nintendo is having a bit of a hard time. It is very true that they are taking a different route than the other companies.

And as for Nintendo "going Sega", I would have to begrudingly admit that it would benefit me, for exactly the same reason I'm benefited by owning many Sonic games for my GameCube. Three competing systems is too much, folks, for me and others with limited funds. The more games I can get for my one console per generation, the happier I am. If I can play Sonic, Mario, and DDR on the same console, count me in.

Trainman's article is the disturbing one. It links video games to violence and calls people idiotic just because they bought a PS2 or XBox. There's a reason that he doesn't write for Time, folks.

Don't be a fanboy, be a smart consumer. That's what encourages better production in the industry.

Good luck, Nintendo. I salute you. Give 'em hell before you die, at least. Kill them all, at best.

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 12/10/2003 10:18:59 PM

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2003, 02:49:33 AM »
Trainman, your letter is biased, childish and far too long.  I doubt the editors of Time are going to bother even reading, let alone printing, a rant that goes on for over 3000 words.  It's all about being concise, my good man.  Also, it helps to use words that are actually in the dictionary.  (Funner?)

If you want to be taken seriously, you could do with a good editor.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 09:34:19 AM »
What LD wrote is what I wanted to say.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 01:21:50 PM »
I kinda agree with Birdo's statement, that 75% of the world is fat. If you change "world" to "America" then its truth value will skyrocket.

She's drunk; it's funny!

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2003, 03:16:37 PM »
75% of the whole world?  I don't think Americans realize just how many people live in Africa.  And India, and China, and . . . places that aren't America.

Even in America I think the figure is no more than 30% or so.  Don't quote me on that--but it's definitely not nearly half.  One of the only minorities I belong to, then.  *shakes tummy at you threateningly, hee*
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 03:17:55 PM »
Hmm... LD's post has a point...

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 04:24:45 PM »
Well, if it is y'all's precious mission to give me crap for every post I have ever really posted, then SO BE IT. I don't give a crap; I'll change it so it won't bother you people.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2003, 04:49:32 PM »
Listen, both of them have points. And his letter isn't too long, angry letters are supposed to be long.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 05:35:51 PM »
Uh, Trainman, we didn't give you crap, really.  We just disagree.

And Birdo, you're wrong.  Only 70% of America is fat.  And I'm not one of them.

If chickens had lips, could they whistle?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2003, 05:57:54 PM »
Yeah, disagreeing with a 9mm bullet in my head as a bonus.

YEAH, I NOTICED "FUNNER" AFTER I SENT THE LETTER. Stop getting on my case!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2003, 06:02:13 PM »
YAY
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2003, 06:32:07 PM »
OK, maybe SOME of it was true.  But notice, they didn't mention any of the good news (sure they mentioned the price drop, but they still bashed it).  What of all the good news?  What of the GBA being the best selling of them all?  How the Cube was #1 selling console during Thanksgiving, and probably the holidays?  And by the way, Pikmin has sold over 1 million copies, which in my opinion is pretty decent.  And the way the information was presented, it was so biased.

And by the way, Nintendo has stated several times that if they pulled out of console production, they would pull out of gaming all together.  So you better hope they fair well...

Edited by - CharginChuck on 12/11/2003 4:34:12 PM
 n/a

Print