Print

Author Topic: Square is back with Nintendo!  (Read 2329 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 29, 2002, 06:34:15 AM »
Sqauresoft is making two (that's right, TWO) all new Final Fantasy games for both the GameCube and the Game Boy Advance! The GameCube game is called Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, while the Game Boy version is called Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (something like that...). Both games are exclusive to Japan for right now, but a U.S. release is likely if the games sell well in Japan - considering the success of past Final Fantasies in Japan, this is obviously a no-brainer!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 06:38:42 AM »
Must buy GameCube.....

(yeah I don't have a GameCube but now I must buy it!At least I have a job.....About a month of work should be enough to get a GameCube.)

Nature''s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf''s flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

"Humor,God''s Greatest invention."-Dark Lord Janus

"I am the guardian of the
forest.I am the guardian of the swamp.I am half bear,half
frog."-BearFrog
And then they split into two
one good,one evil.That is how Bearfrog and Tanas were formed.And Xtal was became BearFrog''s enemy.GrimSack raised BF in his sick way and the legend continues...

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2002, 03:05:05 PM »
Nintendo + Square = Mallow and Geno come back YAY!

Seriously, though, wouldn't it be spiffy if a third Mario RPG or a GBA remake of the first one came of this? ^_^

I wanna be a mongoose.
I wanna be a mongoose.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2002, 06:09:58 PM »
Actually, there have been rumors of a Game Boy Advance re-make of the original Super NES version of "Super Mario RPG"... Let's hope that Square and Nintendo can make it happen!

I guess Square and Nintendo have their conflicts resolved - whatever the problems were... Final Fantasy (back) on Nintendo=TRUE RPG mayhem!
---_---_---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2002, 09:48:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure that rumor is true.

~100 post~ But I've been around here since the boards opened.

"Thus Spake Lizard"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 12:23:01 AM »
Dang, Dude, you don't post much. I've got around 1750 posts under my belt and I've just been here since June or so.
I am very glad Square is back with Nintendo...  Another Mario RPG would be cool... and a reissue of SMRPG for GBA would be better than cool... This just reinforces my theory that Rare will be back sooner or later.

Yeah, it`s me, that gremlin that does stuff while you`re not looking. Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 09:08:40 AM »
Rare is not returning to Nintendo. There are two main reasons for this:

1. Nintendo had seen the drop in profits from recent games created by Rare, so they fired them...or in other words, sold Rare's entire stock.

2. Microsoft bought all of Rare's stock from Nintendo, so in a sense, they own all of Rare's franchise characters and copyrighted material.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2002, 10:43:13 PM »
Well, at least that confirms that Krystal isn't owned by Microsoft. *whew*
That was a joke.

Print