Print

Author Topic: Happy Mario Day everyone!  (Read 14529 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »
Happy Mariz Day!

Mariz is a Portugeuse parish with a population of 428.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »
He's gonna kill me!!!!

It's like I watched a cursed video tape covered with that little red murderer!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »
 I think Mario day officially started somewhere in Florida, maybe Miami. The state officially declared it in the late 80's.

Quote from: Seanbaby
...you see, this is what happens when Florida isn't occupied by hurricanes: Minds wander and start making holidays like this. There's a machine in Florida that turns convicts and sereal killers into Hurricanes. They then proceed to destroy Florida and force them to rebuild. This cycle is intended to occupy Florida and keep it busy..   unfortunately when no hurricanes occur... well...   you see.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 08:58:11 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember that article... I think it was "Fun Day"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »
Happy Marie day!

Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
It's actually Maris Day, but I'll let it slide because that was an awesome movie.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
*Slaps Head*

E = 3

:(

And the Aristocats was Okay, but Oliver & Company owns all other animated Disney movies.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »
I think A Goofy Movie gives it a run for its money, especially with the Tevin Campell songs.

As long as we're on the subject, I should mention that I actually kind of like Lion King 2. Also, Simba's singing voice in there is Kratos from TOS. That blew my mind a little.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
A Goofy Movie wins for being a Road Movie.

And the Lion King 2 was okay, but I blame that for those garbage Disney Movie sequels that followed (Cinderella 2? CINDERELLA TWO???? YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?)

CrossEyed7

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 10:50:10 PM »
Fox and the Hound 2 FTL. But at least Disney never sunk to the depths of Universal. Balto 3? Seriously? How do you even make a sequel to a movie based on a true story, let alone two of them? And Land Before Time 13. I feel sorry for Don Bluth. Every awesome movie he ever made either faded into obscurity (Rock-a-Doodle, Pebble and the Penguin) or had a bunch of lousy musical sequels made for it (American Tail, Secret of NIMH).

The original Disney Sequel was Return of Jafar, which was actually quite enjoyable, though it did start its progeny of sequels in the wrong direction by having noticeably lower-quality and off-model animation and not getting all the original voice actors back.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:52:28 PM by CrossEyed7 »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 07:53:43 AM »
^ Indeed. (however grossly off-topic this whole discussion may be)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »
The original Disney sequel was actually the Rescuers Down Under. And Return of Jafar would be better termed as a follow-up since it was the gateway to the Aladdin Tv show.

Remember Tarzan 2? That title would have been okay if there wasn't ALREADY a Tarzan 2... all Disney sees is green.

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 09:47:48 AM »
Fox and the Hound 2 FTL.

You said it. Fox and the Hound 2 completely disgraced the original.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »
Oh, yeah, Rescuers Down Under was good. Probably the only Disney sequel that was arguably better than the original.

It's not animated, but if you want to talk about unnecessary Disney sequels, how about this? Although they at least based it on the actual books that would have gone there.

Remember Tarzan 2? That title would have been okay if there wasn't ALREADY a Tarzan 2... all Disney sees is green.
What always gets me is how they had the animated 101 Dalmatians (underrated, btw; listen to Ken Jennings), then the live-action 101 Dalmatians, then the live-action 102 Dalmatians, and then the animated 101 Dalmatians 2. And a TV show.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »
101 Dalmatians was always one of my favorites...
That was a joke.

Print