Print

Author Topic: Super Mario RPG Released for Wii U  (Read 5717 times)

« on: July 03, 2016, 12:17:01 AM »
Since it hasn't been mentioned on here yet, who else is excited about Super Mario RPG being released on the Wii U's Virtual Console?

I know it's not the most exciting piece of news for some of you, as I'm certain there are quite a few who own it on either the SNES or standard Wii, and I'm positive not all of you will rush out and buy it for a second or third time if you already own those, but I actually am planning on it for the sole reason of being able to play it on a portable gamepad (albeit one which must be within striking distance of the Wii U).

It will also be nice to introduce this game to some people who are either too young to remember it for the SNES or weren't into Nintendo gaming at the time.

Of course, for me, part of it is just the game itself. It has a good storyline, excellent music, a lot of quirky enemies, memorable settings, did I mention the best soundtrack of all Mario games? Oh wait, I did, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to say it twice here.

I played through this game for the first time during the summer between 8th and 9th grade. That was when the SNES was the only option for playing it. I have friends who were gamers at the time but still haven't given this one a go. I also happen to have a good buddy whose wife is going to a makeup party or something like that on Friday, another good buddy who recently broke up with his girlfriend, and yet another good buddy who recently got back from vacation and wants to catch up with everyone. All of these guys happen to like video games. You know what this means, right?? BRO NIGHT WITH MARIO RPG!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 02:04:49 AM »
The soundtrack is really great.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »
Why didn't it go directly from Wii VC to Wii U?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »
SMRPG is always going to have a place in my heart. I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it this time, but I had to buy it and SPM if only to show support for Mario RPGs with characters.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 09:37:52 PM »
Honestly, I just wonder why it didn't go up with the Square-Enix DLC for Sm4sh.
I might get it, since I never finished the Wii VC version.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 01:29:26 PM »
As I recall, the Wii release kept resetting our files. I have no idea why, but that was the primary reason I had difficulty getting into it.
I'm a horrible person.

Print