Print

Author Topic: The mysterious flagpole  (Read 4828 times)

« on: July 01, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
Okay when I first started playing Super Mario Bros. I always wanted to know what was behind the flagpole.  So did my brother and lots of my friends.  It was years later when I bought Game Genie and used the code to jump over it.  But what makes people so interested in knowing whats behind it?  Did anyone else wonder that same thing for years?  And last but not least did anyone truthfuly jump it without game genie?  My friend did but when I try the flagpole "bends"  

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2000, 09:22:46 PM »
Isn't there this night level where at the end near the flagpole is one of those platforms that goes up and down and resembles a balance? If I recall, you can jump over the flagpole there if you get that second platform WAAAAY up there and make the jump to it and over the flagpole quickly. I'm 99.9& sure I did it in SMB without the GG because I was intrested in it for some reason even though I knew(I believe I knew anyway) that the level just went on forever and you had to wait for your time to run out. I think it was 3-3. But all of that's beside the point, I wonder why I said it? :)
Anyway, yes, I was interested, to answer your question.

EDIT:
Changed some probably false level references, and some other stuff, blah, blah, blah.

-YOSHI :P

Edited by - Yoshi2 on 7/1/00 8:27:57 PM
Woohoo.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2000, 09:30:47 PM »
I tried doing it in 3-3 before but it always seems to bend.  Maybe it depends on the cart?  The one I tried it on was a SMB/DH cart with a white line.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2000, 11:16:26 AM »
My cousin says he got over the one in 3-3 of "Super Mario Bros." original with "Duck Hunt."  I've tried it in that, "All-Stars" version, and "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe" but it never works for me.  It's easy in some places in "The Lost Levels," though.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2000, 11:17:07 AM »
My cousin says he got over the one in 3-3 of "Super Mario Bros." original with "Duck Hunt."  I've tried it in that, "All-Stars" version, and "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe" but it never works for me.  It's easy in some places in "The Lost Levels," though.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2000, 03:10:13 PM »
Well I'm now sure got over it in 3-3 with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. It takes time. My guess is they but a block one over the top of the screen at every flagpole so you can't jump over it easily. Just go to 3-3 and practice getting that platform way up there. Get it really high, and take a running jump up to the platform and quickly jump RIGHT AT THE END over the flagpole. I assure you, it comes with practice. If you STILL can't get it, you're probably doing it wrong.

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2000, 02:29:07 PM »
I jumped the flag pole in 3-3 before.  But how I did it was kinda funny, I was running out of time because I was taking my sweet time, well the music began to speed up and I began freaking out, when I got to the platform I almost fell and when I ran and jumped I barely made it over the pole.

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2000, 10:07:22 AM »
I made it over the flagpost once, but it was a long time ago. I think there is a warp to a secret level or another regular level.

Print