Print

Author Topic: 1. We're not foreign. 2. Why do we have to wait so long?  (Read 8568 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2002, 10:56:13 PM »
Hey, Mr. Atomic Telesa, what's so funny about "pop"?

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2002, 12:21:33 PM »
Don't you mean Teresa? I suppose it COULD be Telesa, what with both letters having the same sound in Japanese, but I always thought it was Teresa.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2002, 05:54:50 PM »
It's listed on this site's Japanese enemy names list both ways (Telesa and Teresa), in two different games, so maybe it's been both.  No idea.  I say Teresa, not that I ever have much occasion to say it . . .

I used to call it pop but now I call it soda and I'm not sure why . . . everyone else in my family and around here in MI says pop.  I guess I spend too much time online.  In some areas of the south they call all soda "Coke," even if it's like Mountain Dew.  "You wanna Coke?"  "Sure."  "What kind?"  "Sprite is ok."
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2002, 07:57:51 PM »
"What kind of Coke?" That's funny.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2002, 08:44:00 PM »
What is an Atomic Telesa? And I think "pop" is funny beacuse I live in Maryland, where NOBODY says pop. So really, it seems more strange than funny that some people say "pop".

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2002, 12:08:53 AM »
YEh, and the people in Florida said it was a northern (U.S.) thing to call it pop. Hahahahaha
My Mom used to call it Coke no matter what kind o' pop it was too. (And that was in like Colorado and Oregon...) Funny. Sprite is a Coke product, which makes it seem weird that you selected that exact thing, WanWan... And now that I think about it, I have friends that call it both soda and pop. Heck, back in the '50s, everybody called it soda pop!
Anyway...... an Atomic Teresa (it would be R because technically there is no L sound in Japanese) is a Big Boo.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/5/2002 11:11:06 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2002, 12:12:00 AM »
Hey avengah, what do you call it?

That was a joke.

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2002, 09:29:22 AM »
I usually call it what it is, e.g. Coke, Lilt, Sprite, Tango etc. My mum calls them fizzy drinks.

Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"
Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2002, 12:59:24 PM »
Lilt? What horrors could that drink be?

-------

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2002, 08:19:15 PM »
It's a pineapple and grapefruit crush. I dunno, it's just one I thought of. You're not going to tell me they don't sell it in America, are you? I thought it was made by one of the big companies like Coke or Pepsi. The slogan is "Totally Tropical Taste".

I've just remembered something else on-topic. Our modern-day televisions accept signals in both PAL and NTSC, so the standard matters less these days, unless your TV is ten years old or something.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2002, 11:00:08 PM »
Hmm. I thought Lilt might have been Liquefied Lint or something... hahahahaha

That was a joke.

Print