Print

Author Topic: How do you pronounce Mario?  (Read 18728 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 06:02:14 PM »
Is the "r" part of the 1st or 2nd syllable? For me, it's part of the 2nd. Saying the first syllable is "Mar" is ambiguous, it doesn't say how you pronounce the "a".

Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"
Cheers,

Matt

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 10:16:47 PM »
A in Mario: long vowel. Like, "Ah, now I see" or something. Or like something is marred. (Like scratched) No matter what you say, it will always be pronounced that way.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2002, 03:26:48 AM »
Well, everyone who talks about it here in England says it with the short vowel.

Ma-ree-oh.

It seems to be an England / America difference in pronunciation, and I don't understand why this should be.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2002, 09:41:14 AM »
Hello? It's because you have English accents! We talk differently than you! Of course it would be different!

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2002, 07:24:12 PM »
I was just about to get around to that myself. And then, I was thinking, wouldn't British people pronounce "cat" more like the way American people pronounce "cot"? If that holds true, then we both pronounce it pretty much the same... still, man, I mean listen to Charlie! He says it correctly in every newer game featuring Mario!!

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2002, 04:02:40 AM »
No, the problem here is that you're all americans. You see, the rest of the world (including the country the developed english [england]) dont use 'mah' because its stupid, and only yanky doodle dandy's say crap like that. It's Mario. Just like it looks. Not mahhhhhhrio, like I'm so sure you all say. Christ, speak properly.
------------------------------
"Whoa, Yoshi eat Pirahna Plant. Dino-Dude radical cool." ~ Oogtar the idiot

"I''''ve got to grow as big as Koop-Zilla, so I can clean his pipes." ~ Mario Mario

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2002, 01:15:35 PM »
"speak properly"

You're an idiot. If one speaks in one's own accent, one is speaking properly.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2002, 05:51:26 PM »
Exactly. And I was just thinking, a lot more people in America use English than in England. Ever think of that? the UK is like only as big as Texas! (OK, maybe it's not that small...) And plus, in this case, the way Charles Martinet pronounces Mario is correct for how you say Mario the video game character's name.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2002, 05:56:36 PM »
It's obvious that it looks like it's pronounced differently to each of us. To English people, spelled normally, it looks like maar, but to me, and a ton of other american people (at least), it looks like marr. So there. It's all what you're used to. What's the point in getting angry or anything?

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2002, 12:07:09 AM »
Oh, and "Prop", the Japanese DEVELOPERS of the games say it the same way as Americans, and so do more people than you think. Either you live in a different world, or you don't know much about the rest of it. I think I'll quit this topic now.

That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2002, 01:31:47 PM »
Okay, Okay. So we know how to pronounce Mario's name. But the REAL question is: How do you pronounce "Wario"?

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2002, 03:06:34 PM »
Waaaaaah ree oh.

-------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2002, 10:37:58 PM »
Umm... I agree? Sometimes I pronounce it like Mario, and sometimes I pronounce it like "War"-ee-o. As in a war. So I guess this post is useless.
Oh, wait, I know! The key is always Charles Martinet.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/18/2002 9:39:19 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2002, 11:13:04 PM »
The even more real question is...
HoW dO yOu PrOnOuNcE LaKiTu?

That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2002, 11:34:14 AM »
Lack, eat, ooh.
Now, what about moustache? Only some people say MUSTash and others say mustASH... Actually, no... This is extremely irrelevant. Oh, well... Carry on, kids.

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print