Print

Author Topic: Ahh... The refreshing smell of the classics...  (Read 2202 times)

« on: August 13, 2002, 04:17:09 PM »
I can't believe how much fun all the Super Mario games are! I sold my SNES a few years ago, but recently I bought another one. Man, the older Mario games are so much fun! Especially Super Mario RPG. I can't believe what an idiot I was to sell my Super Nintendo! I'm never going to sell any of my game consoles again.

The Xizer Network
» http://www.xizernetwork.tk

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 07:28:58 PM »
yeah some of the classics are really good, especially for the SNES. at first i thought Nintendo's bringing back a lot of the SNES games to GBA was cheesy and lazyness on their part. But it's easier to play the old favourites (especially if it's hard to find a quality working SNES), and now I'm kind of glad. but they still need to make a new mario GBA game, totally new, like SMS for gamecube.

-----------
Can`t sleep, clowns will eat me...can`t sleep, clowns will eat me...
-----------
Can`t sleep, clowns will eat me...can`t sleep, clowns will eat me...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2002, 08:11:18 PM »
I agree that they need to make a new one, but you know, it's sad, a lot of the "new generation" of game players has never even heard of the SNES.  (Or NES, for that matter.) It's really weird. So, that's one reason that it's good that they're reissuing the old games. Besides, any Mario game is about the most fun you can have.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2002, 08:13:57 PM »
Oh yeah, and I'm glad they remade SMB2, aren't you? Before, it didn't really seem like a Mario game, but now they've "Mariofied" it... you know? It's just a lot more Mario-ish than it was. They've really turned it into a Mario game rather than a masked game foreign to the series.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 11:43:52 AM »
I've never played the new "Mariofied" version.  What is different?

I fried egg will never hatch a Yoshi!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 12:37:10 PM »
Yep... Those were the days... But, you've got to admit - the N64 didn't have too bad a run, Mario-wise, either. You know, now you can look back on it. But yes, the SNES era was probably Nintendo's highest point (particularly in '95 - you know, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 2, Kirby's Fun Pak).

~Waddle Dedede
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 10:36:09 PM »
Luigison. The version I am talking about is SMA. If you have not played that, let me see... if you run and duck, you slide. It makes that weird little squeaky noise when you die, right before you fall off the screen. Umm... they have just generally made it better, and there are a lot more things that I'm sure I haven't listed yet...
N64 + Mario = good. The only thing is that there were only 3 real "story" games in the N64 series. Anyway, ther Mario games are the most fun you can have in a square foot box, in my opinion. And fun from a square foot box is about the most fun you can have outside of doing something else that you really like.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Print