Print

Author Topic: A funny competition concerning Nintendo and Mario...  (Read 2216 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: August 15, 2002, 05:16:30 PM »
I just went to Nintendo.com and stumbled upon a very humerous news article about a competition Nintendo will be hosting soon...

Nintendo Breaks World Record for Largest Bowl of Pasta
Aug/13/02 12:00 PDT

... and you can take a plunge as human meatball all for the love of Mario and a trip to Hawaii

The world's most loved and recognized Italian plumber Mario, is cooking up something for the world to enjoy. Marking the release of his upcoming adventure, Super Mario Sunshine(tm) for Nintendo GameCube(tm) in true al dente style - Mario and Nintendo plan to break the world record for the largest bowl of edible pasta.

To date, the largest bowl of spaghetti topped the scales at 2,564 pounds. The new record will weigh in at 2,700 pounds of pasta and sauce, provided by Bucca di Beppo.

This is a call for Mario fans to come to San Francisco and show the world how devoted you are.

WHAT:
Dress in your best Mario attire and compete for a chance to win a tropical trip to Hawaii and help Nintendo break a world record. Winning Mario look-a-likes will be chosen by audience votes to plunge into the giant record-breaking bowl of spaghetti in hopes to win a sun-drenched trip to Hawaii and other Nintendo prizes.

WHERE:
WASHINGTON PARK (Little Italy)
Stockton and Columbus
San Francisco, CA

WHEN:
Thursday, August 22; 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 03:58:01 PM »
3200 pounds of pasta!
Very nice!
I live close enough to have been able to go (dressed up as Mario, of course!)  It's a shame that I didn't make it into the final 5 Marios (and 1 Luigi,) but there were some pretty good Marios there, armed with fire flowers, F.L.U.D.D.s, and even a bob-omb.  Still, I'm glad I was able to go.  Seeing that Luigi dive into and dig around in the pasta was really something to behold.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 11:56:44 AM »
Really, how good were the costumes? Were they of proffessional quality, or were they just made by kids?

---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.

A world without Nintendo is a world without videogames.

Congratulation''s Nintendo, for over 25 years of videogame excellence!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 06:34:54 PM »
There wasn't anything super-professional; they were all just homemade costumes (barring the Nintendo-made Mario, of course.)  Still, they ranged from low quality, with construstion paper, or even just a guy with a hat and moustache, to high quality, nice "M"s on hats, real overalls, and props.  A nice full gamut of Mario costumes.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 08:43:40 PM »
I really wanted to go to that, I have an old Lillymon costume that could probably have been doctored up into a half-decent Peachie getup. But California is a major trip for a Canadian like myself, and I wasn't able to go. What happened to all that pasta, did a giant food fight break out or anything fun like that?

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 09:06:09 PM »
OOOOoooooOoOOOo... no one knows ...o0oOO00OO000oooo

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 09:19:46 PM »
Spooky. Ha so! My father could have entered! He although he looks-a like he could-a be Mario's Papa!

BEEP!! Warnig!!
Webpage Advertisement!!
www.geocities.com/super_mario123187@yahoo.com/marioparadise
Nice site, great front page, and other things. Go for great SMS Background!!!!!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Print