Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Island is CCCOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!  (Read 5215 times)

« on: April 13, 2003, 07:33:19 PM »
I'm new to the message boards, but who thinks Yoshi's Island is cool and has beaten the game?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 07:57:09 PM »
Yes, Yoshi's Island is a good game. I've beaten it many times.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 08:06:28 PM »
All the way.  Man, Yoshi's Island has gotta be my favorite game ever.

I could go on, but I'm not gonna.  Not now...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 08:09:26 PM »
Ah yes. YI. The only video game I've ever beaten with my feet.

It is 2nd on my all time favorite list of games. I of course have 100s on every level of both the YI and SMA3 versions.

You like Secret 5? (GBA version only) Of course. Everyone loves Secret 5.

And 4-4. Best level EVER.

Of course.... I think Fifth is a slightly overall better player of YI than I am... I just beat it with my feet. That's all.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 08:13:15 PM »
Grr... I STILL don't have a 100 on Secret 5...

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 08:16:48 PM »
Let me guess... your score on it is...

73 or 75. Heh heh heh... (That is... 30 stars, 13 or 15 red coins, 3 flowers.)

I know EXACTLY what you're missing. I missed it for about 2 hours before I finally figured it out. You'll kick yourself.

~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 05:49:38 AM »
I haven't beaten secret 6 yet, but it's still my favorite! The only thing I don't like is Mario on that game, because it's annoying when he cries!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 01:57:59 PM »
I LOVE Yoshi's Island. It's one of my favorite games. (Of course, Yoshi IS my favorite Nintendo character.) I've beaten SMA3 100%, but it took me FOREVER to beat Secret 5 (I think that's the one). That last blasted Flower (and I think a few red coins)! Aghhh! That level was hard enough as it is, and I REPEATEDLY played it over and over, searching for those last items. I was so frustrated I gave up and went to GameFAQs.com. I never in a million years would've found it on my own. But, yay! I beat it! (I think I beat the game 100% for SNES, too, but that was a long time ago.)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 03:41:07 PM »
I took forever on it too. At first it was easy, but then I payed attention to the flowers and red coins. I like Yoshi just like you, and people always say he's cute, but I like him because he has great attacks. Like Pound-the-ground and hovering. Have you beaten Secret 6? I know it's weird, but I never did!

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 03:46:51 PM »
I remember when it first came out for the SNES, it was like WOW!, look at those graphics. (I still like the graphics too).
 n/a

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 04:10:01 PM »
Those graphics are cool! I like the game a lot because of that, too. And the backround of the levels are so artistic!You can almost feel like you're in Monkey World, or Bowser's Castle!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 06:37:45 PM »
Secret 6. There are A LOT of really annoying red coins in that one. I mean, A LOT. That one killed me the most of all the Secret levels the first time through.

You DO know the basic level design of the first part, correct? With all the identical rooms?

And you DO know how to get in the locked door in the second part (After the castle), correct? That took me a while to get.

Beating Secret 6 with a 100 takes me almost 20 minutes! And that's a perfect runthrough... no dying, no Middle Rings.

And Secret 5. Hahaha. I didn't look up ANYTHING in that level, either. Took 2 hours. I got really mad after wandering around for an hour with a 73...

~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 11:25:50 PM »
Umm... dang. I only have a lousy 64.
Is there a pipe or something above the goal area? Is there something in the ice block room? Arrgh!

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2003, 05:45:04 AM »
Yeah, there's a pipe near the goal area and in the ice block room, there's an ! block to help you get up to another pipe, but it's too hard to explain without the Gameboy in front of me.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2003, 08:26:44 PM »
Feh. Double post. Fun for all. Takes up space.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 4/15/2003 7:29:41 PM
~I.S.~

Print