Print

Author Topic: You're first Mario game  (Read 9440 times)

« on: October 13, 2003, 06:12:33 PM »
The first game I've ever played was for SNES.It was Diddy Kong's Quest.But my first Mario game I've ever played is in my top 5 list of 7yrs, of my gaming.Super Mario World.That game was a true,classic platformer.

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 07:07:14 PM »
The first Mario game I played was Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I was horrible at it. I died at the first Goomba every single time. But then again, I was but an infant.

-------
Irregularly Updated Frostbite Quote #3

"This is quite possibly the greatest cookie I`ve ever tasted."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 08:11:11 PM »
I am first Mario game? Why, thank you!

...Seriously, though, I believe the first Mario game I played was SMB3. I remember, I couldn't figure out how to fly, and I couldn't pick up shells either. Ah, those were the days. Or, not the days...

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 10/13/2003 7:11:59 PM

That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 08:46:13 PM »
The first one I PLAYED was SM64

-----------------------------
Luigi likes to flirt in his backwards shirt!  Yay!

Edited by - Markio on 10/13/2003 7:46:56 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 10:26:37 PM »
My Grandpa and I would play Super Mario World.I was like 3 or 4.We called it the man game because no ladys in the family would ever play it.Sadly my grandpa passed away a few months ago.

I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 08:43:54 AM »
Super Mario Bros. 3

--------
Tookii!
---------
Nihao! :D

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 07:04:35 AM »
The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bro.s.

But the first game I ever owned was Super Mario World....

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 10/20/2003 2:29:04 AM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 04:22:12 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 2

Proud to be an American!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 04:44:19 PM »
Yay, Jman's back!

I''m the chef of the Fungi Forums!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 01:55:30 AM »
Everyone's first Mario game was SMB! I'd play by chewing on the controllers as a baby!

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2003, 11:46:06 PM »
"The first Mario game I played was Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I was horrible at it. I died at the first Goomba every single time. But then again, I was but an infant."

Ditto.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 01:23:54 PM »
My first Mario Game was Super Mario World.
Sometimes I would try to race the bullet bill at the start or spin jump the whole way through
I like jumping through pictures, vaccuuming ghosts and running around squirting stuff with a water pump.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2003, 02:27:45 PM »
My firs Mario game was Super Mario Sunshine.

A guy one time sent a letter to an author saying "Do you think I should put more fire into my stories?" The author responded with this letter: "No. Vice-versa"
Deezer was here.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003, 02:34:16 PM »
I'm not the first Mario game. But my first Mario game was SMW.

Edited by - Yoshi zero on 11/21/2003 12:39:30 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2003, 03:34:45 PM »
Oh man... people already made fun of how he spelled "your" as "you're." Oh well. Anyway, my first Mario game was Super Mario Bros. I started playing video games coherently when I was 3. But, I beat the Legend of Zelda when I was 4, and Super Mario Bros. when I was 5. I know that sounds farfetched, but I am telling nothing but the truth.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 09:22:30 PM »
Well, Super Mario bros. + Duckhunt was my first Mario Game...
And like Frostbite, I coudln't get very far, cause I too was a baby/toddler.
DO THE DR. MARIO!

Edited by - KinopioToad on 11/21/2003 7:23:37 PM

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2003, 08:36:51 PM »
My first Mario game was Super Mario All-Stars, which is a great game because it has Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario The Lost Levels. I still remember when my dad first brought home a Super Nintendo (which I still play to this day).My dad thought he was just getting a little something for my brother and me to play with. Little did he know that he started a huge addiction.SNES ROCKS!!!!!

(please say the following in the best Darth Vader voice you can) Mario.... I am....your biggest fan!
Was it a car or a cat I saw?

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 09:01:18 PM »
It's SMB/DH for me, too.  I was pretty little, maybe 6 or younger, and my whole family would sit around this little TV (we had a separate one for the Nintendo, don't ask me why) and all take turns playing the game.  I couldn't get very far either but I did find all the hidden 1-ups because for a long time I didn't realize you could just walk or run--I thought you had to jump everywhere, heh.  (I fell down pits a lot.)

I don't think I actually beat SMB until I was in my mid-teens, come to think of it.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2003, 09:58:19 AM »
My 1st Mario game was Paper Mario. It was pretty fun, but I could never get past the Bullet Bills to defeet the Koopa Bros. I don't know why.

Is this the North Pole? I''m looking for Santa.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2003, 08:53:54 PM »
...My gosh.

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2003, 11:51:48 AM »
Sad, GiftedGirl. Sad.

Dallas Cowboys 10-5! They''re in the playoffs!! YEE HAW! Nintendo is the greatest of time thanx to Mario. Remember that!

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2003, 10:17:50 AM »
OH MY GOSH!!

We have a newbie to both this website AND the Fantastic World of Super Mario!!!

I don't believe it!! How could someone miss a lot of 'Marios'!?

Ah well, a game like her first Mario game could really invite someone to our humble 'Marioverse'...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2003, 10:56:32 AM »
GiftedGirl, how old are you?

Dallas Cowboys 10-5! They''re in the playoffs!! YEE HAW! Nintendo is the greatest of time thanx to Mario. Remember that!

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2003, 06:11:53 PM »
My first mario game was SMB3 when I was 3 or 4.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2003, 05:41:05 PM »
My first Mario game was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I got to about world 6 before I started getting stuck. So I'd take my frustration out on the ducks/clay discs (with the Nintendo gun thing point-blanc to the screen), and try again. My dad beat it for me. I guess I was 4 or 5. It was my first game, besides some ratty computer ones.

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2003, 09:57:57 PM »
Heh, my first Mario Game just happened to be.... You guessed it! Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt! Sadly, my Light Zapper, SMB/DH, and TMNT II were all ruined in a freak accident while my sister was babysitting some small children. I'd rather not go into detail.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004, 03:21:11 AM »
Mario Bro.s
NES Version

n/a

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004, 04:43:41 PM »
I'm first Mario game i owned was SMA, but the first one i played was SMBDX. I have never owned nor played a (S)NES. I only became a Mario lover when i got my GBA, which was the day it came out. Before that i only owned a GBC, and a bunch of stupid pokemon games. I will never buy another game that is not Mario (except maybe LOTR).

Edited by - Deezer on 1/12/2004 5:12:44 PM

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004, 07:29:34 PM »
Mine was also Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. I was eight years old at the time and was visiting relatives in New Jersey. My uncle had just bought the NES brand new a month or so before. I think I made it to World 1-3 once in the entire 3 hours I played it that afternoon.

-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P
-----
Back from the Dead!

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2004, 11:10:18 PM »
If YOU'RE back from the dead, then what am I!?

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2004, 11:44:31 PM »
*snicker*
-----
Back from the Dead!

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2004, 03:30:28 PM »
The first video game I ever played was Super Mario Bros and some arcade somewhere when I was about 4. I could never jump over the second chasm though.
The first video game I ever owned was Donkey Kong GB. My parents never bought me video games so around 6 years ago during a neighborhood yard sale, someone was selling an original Gameboy and Donkey Kong for $10 and I bought it with my own money. It remains to be one of my favorite Mario games to this day.
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2004, 12:30:25 PM »
I am 11. And I FINALLY beat the Bullet bills AND the Koopa brothers. But I still can't get past Huff N. Puff. Poop.

--------------------
SONIC: Oh crud.
SONYA: What?
SONIC: Eggman''s robot is behind you.
SONYA: Yeah right. I''ll belive that when the sky rains-- *robot grabs Sonya*--pigs. Oh fart.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2004, 01:18:38 PM »
is that paper mario? (I am pretty sure, I havent played it though. I want it SO bad)

------------------------------
Everything above was sarcasm. Please ignor everything I have just said.
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2004, 02:32:08 PM »
My first Mario game would be SMB, and I was 2 at the time. Not very capable of speech, but I enjoyed playing as Luigi when I played with my older brother. I always used the shortcut in world 1-1. And, yes, my hand-eye coordination was pretty good.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2004, 05:32:27 PM »
The first Mario game I played was Donkey Kong for the TI-99/4A.
The first Mario games I owned were Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Jr. for the Atari 130-XE.
The first Mario game I played for a Nintendo system was Super Mario Bros.
The first Mario game I owned for a Nintendo system was Super Mario Land.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2004, 05:48:34 PM »
The TI-99/4A?
Wow, I think you're the second person I know online who's actually played one of those...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Sqrt2

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2004, 12:49:47 PM »
The first Mario game I played was Super Mario Bros,on the Super Mario All Stars SNES cart.

Hard work has never killed anyone, but I don''t want to risk it.
AA fanboy and proud!

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2004, 03:14:06 PM »
The first game I remember playing was Super Mario World. I love that game. I remember I would get real mad cuz I couldn't fly. Aargh! :P
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2004, 03:17:02 PM »
Are you new, Sqrt2?? I don't think I've ever met you.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2004, 01:12:39 PM »
Hmm...the first Mario game I've ever played was Mario Bros., but it wasn't on a Nintendo system...it was a VGA version that I think I still have somewhere...the first Mario game I played on a Nintendo system was SMW, and that was also the first one I owned on a Nintendo system. The BEST one I've played is SMB3(of course).

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2004, 10:18:07 PM »
I have that Mario Bros. VGA too.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2004, 09:26:23 PM »
That's a toughie... lets see... I recieved a NES for Christmas one year and I played SMB3 and SMB + Duck Hunt. I'm tied their. It might also be SM64 at my friend's house. I don't know.

Hmm... I CAN''T THINK OF A SIGNATURE

Jman

• Score
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2004, 07:41:49 PM »
I can't remember which one I played first, SMB or SMB2.  I know I said SMB2 last year, but I think it was actually SMB.  It was when I was about 5 or 6.  Dang, those were the days.  
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2004, 12:06:19 AM »
First Played:Super Mario 64 (At least I think)
First Owned:Mario Party 2
-----------------------------
          Signiture
The Heart Of Mario Is Here....He Lives!
I Have A Mario Collection!

Print