Print

Author Topic: The Ultimate Quest!  (Read 11661 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 12:32:59 AM »
Chapter 4 is due sometime next week.  It's the chapter that ties all the heroes together.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2004, 12:50:47 PM »
This is gettin' good!

--------------------
I''m Sonya! Sonya the hedgehog! I''m Sonic''s lesser known sister and I''m the keeper of the Plasma Emerald!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Jman

• Score
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 11:38:52 AM »
I've got some revising to do, so chapters will be posted on a weekly basis.  But I apologize if I do not follow the schedule perfectly.

Jman''s various quote of the week #1: If you say that again, I''ll beat six different kinds of animal snot out of you!  

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 04:38:59 PM »
Still no-one explained where K.Rool came from.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 06:58:28 AM »
I kind of threw K.Rool into the story as I went along, so the surprised heroes would find DK and Diddy.  There's another supervillain, appearing in chapter 7, and another hero appearing for a brief time in another chapter.

Jman''s various quote of the week #1: If you say that again, I''ll beat six different kinds of animal snot out of you!  

Jman

• Score
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2004, 03:02:38 PM »
Chapter 4: It happened here too?

The heroes woke up at the foot of DK’s treehouse, like you would see on Donkey Kong Country.
“I’m surprised that barrel held us.”  Mario said.
“The important thing is that we are here!”  Sonic said.  Mario started up the ladder, when DK came crashing out the door, and landed on his feet next to the heroes.  He looked very angry with a hint of nervousness.
“DK!”  Mario said.  DK looked directly at Mario.
“K.Rool.”  He replied in an almost inaudible tone.  Then he shouted it out to the heavens.
"DK? It’s-a me, Mario!”  Mario said.  DK continued to yell out the name K.Rool.  All while throwing things.  Mario finally fired a banana in DK’s mouth to shut him up.   He did, and finally revealed why he was so angry.

â€œKandy was captured, and I’ve got a good reason to believe it was K.Rool.”  DK said.
   â€œWe know how you feel.  The same thing happened to all of us.”  Sonic said.
“Yeah, well lead me to K.Rool!  I’m gonna beat him till his crown falls off!”  DK shouted.
“Whoa!  Calm-a down DK!”  Mario told the big ape.  DK took some deep breaths.  Then he finally calmed down, and the heroes went searching for Diddy Kong, DK’s nephew.
“Hey, isn’t it weird how Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong both have the initials DK?”  Tuff asked Sonic.
“Tuff?”  Luigi said.
“What?”  Tuff said.
“Shut-a up!”  Luigi said.  When they found Diddy, he was moping and kicking the walls of a cave.

â€œDiddy,”  DK said. “What happened?”  There were dead Kremlins lying on the ground, broken barrels, obvious signs of a struggle.
“Dixie and I were exploring this cave, and then we were surrounded by Kremlins!  While I fought, Klump threw Dixie in a barrel and hauled her off!”  Diddy said.
“Why didn’t you try to save her?”  DK asked his nephew.
“I was knocked out by a flying barrel, and when I came to, all I found was a ransom note!  That rube wants 1000 bananas for her release!  WHY?  REPTILES DON’T EVEN EAT BANANAS!!!!!!”  Diddy finished with anger in his voice.
“Don’t worry Diddy,” DK said.  â€œWe’ll give him something all right.  A good old fashioned beatdown!”

So our heroes, now joined by Donkey and Diddy Kong, were back on their way searching for their loved ones who were now hostages.  Sonic thought about warping with his super speed.
“Hey, I’ve got an idea!”  Sonic said.  â€œEveryone grab hands.  If we get to a decent speed, we’ll warp to a different zone!”  So they did.  Soon, stars began appearing behind everyone, and then they were gone in the blink of an eye.

In the Super secret base of the enemies, there was activity in the basement dungeon.  Princess Sally and Tiff had finally woken up.  Tiff was ecstatic.
“I never dreamed I would meet two princesses in the same day!  In a jail cell…” Her excitement faded as she realized she was in a dungeon.
“How did I get here?”  She asked.
“I don’t know, last I remember they drugged me with sleeping pills.”  Peach said.
“Who’s they?”  Tiff said.
“I can’t remember, those pills had a strong influence on my mind, but I do have my suspicion!”  Peach said.
“Who?”  Tiff asked again.  But before Peach could answer, they heard voices.
“What on Popstar happened?  Where am I?  Where are our children?”  One voice said.  The voice seemed familiar to Tiff, but she was overcome by sleep before she could figure out who.
In a different cell at the end of the room, Kandy and Dixie Kong, Donkey and Diddy’s respective friends discussed their fate.
“What do you think they are going to do to us?”  Dixie asked Kandy.
“Who knows, maybe they are planning our fate right now.”  Kandy said.
“Then we’re going to die?”  Dixie looked scared.  â€œI don’t know Dixie, I just don’t know.”

Author’s note: Kandy and Dixie seem to know who did this while the others do not.  Of course, they were both captured by Kremlins so they know it was K.Rool for sure.  What they and the rest don’t know, as a matter of fact, not even the heroes know this:  K.Rool has joined forces with King Bowser, King Dedede and Doctor Robotnik

Jman''''s various quote of the week #2: I would have to say that the Quizno''s spongemonkeys are quite possibly the worst mascots ever created.  Worse even than William Hung hosting the FoxBox.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2004, 03:15:51 PM »
I'm really interested in this story Jman! Keep up the good work!

~*Sometimes I dream I''m being carried away by a giant squirrel... so does that make me a nut?*~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

n/a

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2004, 06:27:04 PM »
I still like.

Heh, King K. Rool should get together with Dr. Bad-Boon from that ridiculous Super Monkey Ball 2. Now that I hear that story, I realize that the Donkey Kong game story lines are similar to that of SMB2...

- ¿Ñ/å¬ -

Jman

• Score
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2004, 09:14:08 AM »
Here's the long awaited chapter 5!Chapter 5: The first battle

In a different world, there is a path being heavily guarded by Koopa Troopas, a path that begins the road to the secret enemy base.  Suddenly a light flashed.  Then another, and another.  Then, a bright image of 8 different looking heroes appeared.  Then they appeared in full color.

“Well, Time-a to get on-a our way!”  Mario said.  Mario walked forward and was stopped by a spear.  The spear came dangerously close to his eye.  Sonic however sliced the spear in half with his triple spin.  That got the attention of all the koopas.

And so, the first battle had begun.  Our eight heroes were up against hundreds of koopa troopas.  Mario stomped a Koopa out of its shell while he used the shell to kill several more all in a row.  Luigi used his uppercut to kill dozens of koopa troopas while DK took out row after row with a mighty sweep punch.  Diddy cartwheeled several koopas to death. Kirby sucked up koopas and spit them at other koopas.  The battle was going well for our heroes. And then they showed up.  No one had ever seen them before, they were much larger than the other koopas.
“We are the Ninja Koopas!”  The lead one said.  â€œTime for you all to die!”  The leader hissed.
“Oh yeah?  Bring it!”  Sonic said.  There were eight Nin-Koopas.  So no man was left out of the fight.  Mario and Luigi did double uppercuts on their enemies, knocking them out.
“Well, that was easy.”  Mario said.  Tails and his opponent lept through the air simultaneously.  Tails was grabbed by the koopa, but he whirrled the tails around, dizzying his opponent, and a roundhouse kick knocked him out.  Tuff stared down his opponent.  He stood still as the koopa charged him.  Then he lept to the air and delivered a spinning kick to the side of the head of the koopa.  â€œI think I’ll get him again for good measure.”  Tuff said.  He attempted another kick, but his leg was clasped by the nin-koopa, who then began to twist it.
“AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHH!!!”  Tuff yelled in agony.  DK, who had just killed his opponent, was alerted by the screaming.  He rushed to the scene, only to be blindsided by another nin-koopa.  Sonic then split Tuff’s enemy in half with a Triple spin.  Tuff was free, but he clutched his leg in agony.
      Sonic knelt down beside Tuff.  â€œIs it bad?”  Tuff asked Sonic.  Tuff’s leg was all discombobulated.
“It looks bad.”  Sonic told him.
“On a scale of 1 to 10?”  Tuff asked.
“One”  was all Sonic said.  â€œWe’ve got a fight to finish!  Here, grab my hand!”  Sonic grabbed Tuff’s hand, and he brought Tuff back to the others.  He explained what happened, and then DK pulled a cast out of his pocket.
“I knew I’d need this someday!”  He said.  Good humor.  Meanwhile, Kirby saw Tuff’s predicament, and the anger welled up inside him.  He sucked up a dead Nin-Koopa, dead courtesy of Donkey Kong, and the fight was on.  Ninja Kirby delivered several devastating blows to a nin-koopa, knocking him back to the Renaissance.  He did the same to anyone else who got in his way.
      DK and Diddy meanwhile had gotten involved with a massive army of Koopa troopas, but don’t worry about them, folks.  DK annihilated several Koopas with one massive sweep of his arm.  Diddy did well too, with his patented cartwheeling into a row of Koopas.  But however, the Koopas disappeared without warning.
“That’s odd.”  Diddy said.  But then, an image of white showed the koopas combining into one large Koopa.  â€œOh man!  Those Koopas just combined into this megakoopa!”  Luigi said.  The megakoopa had the ninjitsu skills of the Nin-Koopas, The strength to lift 10 Bowsers, and stood 30 feet high.  Unfortunately, it didn’t have a brain.  So it tripped over itself and started to fall.  The problem was, it was going to fall right on Tuff.
“Oh no!”  I gotta stop that thing from falling off of the cliff!”  Sonc yelled as he sped to the scene, but even for the blue speedster, it was impossible to stop this event.  The megakoopa was about to fall into Mushroom canyon and take Tuff with it!  Suddenly though, Megakoopa began to rise in the air.  Higher and higher until a familiar red Echidna appeared as the one pushing the giant koopa upward.  Tuff rolled toward the others, and the Echidna let the koopa fall to its doom.  The first battle was finally over, but little did they know what lie ahead.

Something I might say to marioguy in the circle: "If you can''t say something kind, then shut your mouth and get the heck outta my circle!"  

Jman

• Score
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2004, 08:47:30 AM »
One of the parts of that chapter is taken from the movie Kung Pow.  It was the line "On a scale from 1 to 10?"  "One."

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 09:32:52 AM »
So far this story has a mixture of emptyness and awesomeness!

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2004, 03:54:14 PM »
Chapter 6 is due in a few days.

The three things I could live without: a kick in the teeth, a punch to the stomach, and a low blow.
The one thing anyone who threatens my friends needs: a swift kick in the butt.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »
Seems like I'm doing this for little or no reason at all.  Well, here's chapter 6 for anyone interested.

Chapter 6: New team member.

Everyone stood in awe as the red Echidna walked toward them.
“What’s the matter Sonic?  I thought you’d remember your old friend Knuckles!”  Knuckles said.
“What brings you here?”  Sonic asked him.
“I heard about Princess Sally, and thought you might need some help!”  Knuckles said to Sonic.  Then he noticed the seven other heroes.
“And though you have seven other friends, I still want to come with so I can kick Robotnik’s astronomically huge butt to next week!”  Knuckles said.
“Well, I’m glad you feel that way.”  Sonic said.  So they continued their journey to the Castle of Darkness, or Dark Castle, whatever you prefer.

In the excruciating heat, similar excruciating torture had begun.  You could have filled a glass with all the sweat from Tiff alone.
“When can we have a water break?”  Tiff asked Peach.
“Like I would know?  Princesses shouldn’t have to work like this!”  Peach complained.
“Hey, get back to work!”  The slave driver whipped Peach and Tiff.
“Ow!  Oh well, back to work!”  Tiff said.  But then, she suddenly collasped.
“Tiff!  Tiff!  Oh no!  She needs medical attention immediately!”  Princess Peach said.  Tiff was suffering from heat exhaustion.

Our heroes had flown up to Sky Land.
"Wow, it’s a heck of a view from up here!”  Sonic said.
“Yeah, I wish we weren’t on a wild goose chase so we could just enjoy this.”  DK said.  Unfortunately for DK, the Nin-Koopas showed up for a rematch just then!
“Last time was a fluke!  This time, you won’t be so lucky!”  The leader hissed.

Meanwhile in New York City, New York, Foot ninja and members of the Purple Dragon gang lay battered on the ground.  Four shadows disappeared into the night as the cops showed up.
“What the…? What happened here?”  One officer questioned the battered Foot leader.
“That is not your information to know!”  An evil voice hissed out of the darkness.  Then without warning, the dark figure laid the officer out with one punch.  The figure emerged from the darkness, and revealed himself to be the Shredder!  The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, watching from the top of a building, were awestruck.
“The Shredder?”  Donatello said.
“Haven’t we killed him like 5 times?”  Michaelangelo said.
“I’m going down there to kill him a sixth time!”  Raphael said.  But Leonardo restrained him.
“First, wait to see what he does.”  Leo said.  Shredder did one thing, travel through a portal.  The Turtles make a portal of their own, thanks to Donny, and followed the Shredder into…

Back in Sky Land, our heroes were surrounded by the increased number of Nin-Koopas.
“Okay Tails, let’s kick some Koopa tail!”  Sonic said.  Then Tails received a cheap shot from the Nin-Koopa he was facing, knocking him out.  Sonic was livid.
“Foul!  Penalty!  Go directly to jail!  You can’t cheap shot my friend like that!”  he said.  Sonic and the Koopa were about to go head to
Head, when a giant television appeared.
“Oh goody!  The Price is right is on!”  Donkey Kong said.  And then, the TV screen showed a live via satellite picture of the four fiends involved in this crazy scheme!
“So that’s it!  They teamed up too!  Those lousy…”  Sonic couldn’t find the right word for the villains involved in the plot.

ooh, it's getting intense now!  But you ain't seen nothing yet!  Read and review, my fans.

The three things I could live without: a kick in the teeth, a punch to the stomach, and a low blow.
The one thing anyone who threatens my friends needs: a swift kick in the butt.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2004, 07:47:24 AM »
Sorry about the long wait.  I lost the original manuscript for this story, and now I've found it this morning.  So expect more chapters in the near future.  Like sometime after the Independence Day holiday.

I could be the lost Mario brother.  Think about it.

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2004, 10:03:03 AM »
Why put TMNT in there? *tries to hide laughter* This is getting outta whack, but it's good!

--------------------
Pokemon Jirachi wishmaker! One of the greatest Pokemon movies ever! But the short (Pokemon Gotta Dance) was stupid...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print