Print

Author Topic: Should there be a new Mario cartoon?  (Read 32553 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 06:34:47 PM »
The games don't follow any particluar storyline, which is the number one reason for its success.
Again, similar to those old theatrical cartoons that you can find on those [rather poor quality] cheapo VHS tapes and DVDs. (I have several of them)
The cartoons (starting at latest with AOSMB3) follow the old theatrical short subject format (loosely).

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
I would not watch a Mario anime or a Mario cartoon based off of an RPG. Anime annoys me and RPG's give me nightmares similar to the never ending stairs in SM64.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 07:47:11 PM »
Not as annoying as the once good, but now dog-awful Pokémon anime. That show follows a constant storyline that constantly bores me out, and has little, or not any real relevance to the game, other than reigion, characters. The plot is also strecthed out very far, further in each season too! :<

ottermi619,
No wonder I initially hated anime (and Pokémon, though I'm starting to fall back to several years ago)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:49:50 PM by ottermi619 »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2005, 12:42:48 AM »
(They just don't want kids to do bad things that the Japanese consider okay, like smoking and being homosexual.)

I think in general, they're more against homosexuals than people in the US are... it's just that they don't have a problem portraying it.

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2005, 10:00:56 PM »
The cartoons (starting at latest with AOSMB3) follow the old theatrical short subject format (loosely).
Actually, I'm pretty sure they were already going by the theatrical short format in the SMB Super Show as well. Keep in mind that every four out of five SMB Super Show episodes were Bug Bunny-ish parodies of whatever there was to be ripped off.
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 04:54:42 PM »
Actually, I'm pretty sure they were already going by the theatrical short format in the SMB Super Show as well. Keep in mind that every four out of five SMB Super Show episodes were Bug Bunny-ish parodies of whatever there was to be ripped off.
I haven't seen Super Show, so that's why I said latest with SMB3.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 06:35:12 PM »
If there is a new Mario cartoon, I hope it isn't based on SMS. I also hope it is not anime. I hate anime. I have nothing against Japan, I just hate anime. I also hate when they add truly American things to anime just to make it more American. I love America. Anime could never be American no matter how much anyone tried.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 12:16:48 AM »
20X6! Are you asking for a CHAAALLEEEEEENGE?!

DOUBLE DEEEUUUUCE!!!!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 07:09:02 PM »
Anime could never be American no matter how much anyone tried.
Or chinese, or Egyptian, or British, or whatever.
Most of todays TV cartoons are crap compared to those of years ago that ran in theaters.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 07:18:22 PM »
I know. I porbably spend less than 1/2 as much time watching cartoons that I used to. Cartoon Network is now purely anime... Nick is plagued by crappy new shows... I never watched Disney...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005, 06:54:44 PM »
They should make a mario cartoon that is like sonicx.

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2005, 08:57:06 PM »
So Justice League, Teen Titans, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Foster's Home, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter and IGPX are all anime now? My how I'm behind in the times.

Yoshi55 reminds me of Trainman. I wonder why.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2005, 07:37:24 PM »
IGPX is an Anime and Naruto is a slightly dubbed manga translated into anime.

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2005, 10:13:08 PM »
IGPX is a co production between Cartoon Network and the studio that animated Ghost in the Shell. Thus it is not completly an anime.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2005, 02:20:01 AM »
So Justice League, Teen Titans, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Foster's Home, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter and IGPX are all anime now? My how I'm behind in the times.

Teen Titans is heavily based on anime, but I agree with your point. However, I think they should split Cartoon Network- one for older kids, one for the younger kids.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print