Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Sunshine Stunts  (Read 2816 times)

« on: June 24, 2005, 05:30:48 AM »
This is one of my favorites...

The "Nosebleed Whirlibird High Dive"

In the Noki Bay stage, get to the top of the tallest cliff. It's the one just to the left of the starting area, with the tree and yellow bird on top. Do a triple jump off the cliff, toward the main area of the stage. As you begin to fall, hold down the R button to spray water.

It doesn't serve any practical purpose, but it's fun and it looks cool. :) Bonus challenge: Try to bounce off the floating springboard when you land.

Post your own stunts if you want. :)

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 06:47:00 AM »
Thats cool, I can't think of a stunt except taking out Gooper Blooper without taking off 1 tentacle. i tried it when I thought pulling off his tentacles was so painfull for him so now every time I go back to his shines i leave him with all of his arms.
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 07:11:27 AM »
I didn't know you could beat the Gooper Blooper without taking off any of it's tentacles. I guess I was too busy having fun, ripping off his limbs. Hmm that was a bit sadistic of me. Well I guess you can't spell Dark Viscount without dark.

Ah! It''s a sig get it off! Get it off!

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
Yeah, that's what I always did too :D  It just seemed so fun to see the tentacles squirm around and the blooper blooping(?) in pain.

Stunts?  I can't think of any stunts...uh...I guess I just like getting to the top of the shine gate with the rocket nozzle and then jumping off from so high that you start to dive.  I find that fun.  Or you can jump of of the shine gate into the ground and start sliding around.

Oh yeah!  If you spray water on the ground, and then slide on it, you will go into a never-ending slide (or at least, never-ending until you hit a wall or press A).  I dont really have any other stunts.

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 6/24/2005 12:49:35 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 05:19:04 PM »
I tired that before; it's pretty difficult. I can't remember if I beat 'im or not, though.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 01:37:52 PM »
In Delfino Plaza, nearby the cannon that shoots you to Pinna Park, go onto the roof of the building up against the stone wall/edge of town.  Dive towards the cannon and land on the roof again so you do a dry slide, then press A so you do the slide kick.  Try to land in the cannon out of the kick trick thing.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 08:40:30 AM »
A good thing to do is to go on a tightrope wire thing and hang off the side, now spray your normal nozzle and you'll spin round really, really, really, fast. Jump off and you'll go flying.
Nintendo rules.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 09:25:52 AM »
In Delfino Plaza, use the turbo nozzle underwater. I also like bouncing off the islanders' heads. Try using the turbo nozzle while in the Y view. (Press Y.) My favorite is the triple-spin-high-jump. First do a normal jump, spin in mid-air, and when you land, spin-jump one last time and Mario will do the triple jump while spinning!

I Heart my best friend...Mario!

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 01:22:31 PM »
Can you smash all the crates in 20 seconds?  How about 15?  Can you free the trapped Piantas of Pianta village in 1:30?

Here's something fun:  If you do the blooper-racing shine of Ricco Harbor, don't hop on a blooper.  Instead, get on the roof and enjoy the barren expanse.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 05:18:13 AM »
This is very cool. You know when you spin around on the ground and squirt? Do the same thing with the hover nozzle.

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

Print