Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
1 (33.3%)
lol wut
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Print

Author Topic: Fungi Forum Sportscenter  (Read 61209 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2006, 06:11:45 AM »
At least support your own teams for your countries people! Just because someone was favored to win doesn't mean they will win! Just look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. How many times were they unfavored to win their games? I know they are two different sports, but comebacks are always possible (like the Australians beating the Japanese in less than 10 minutes left).
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2006, 02:20:16 PM »
Brazil. I would like USA to win...but Brazil is the most favored to win.

I WOULD like USA to win. I just don't think it's going to happen.

« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »
IN OTHER NEWS

You guys have probably heard this already, but Ben Roethlisberger, 2-year quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL football team, was in a severe motorcycle accident two days ago. He was hit by a car and was thrown from his motorcycle. He was in surgery for seven hours, which fixed a broken jaw and broken nose. Brain, spine, chest and abdomen were not severely injured, doctors said, and Roethlisberger is in severe but stable condition.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2006, 07:08:02 PM »
Thank you for reminding me, bobman. Mr. Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet when his head hit the windshield, and then the pavement. During those seven hours of surgery, doctors also repaired a 9-inch laceration in the back of his head. Luckily, his knees, which have had many surgeries performed on them, were not seriously hurt, so Roethlisberger will play later in the season. The best news is that Roethlisberger was released from the hospital today. Get well soon, Big Ben!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2006, 09:20:42 PM »
Finally, this thread has come back from the ashes! 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:59 PM »
Finnally it's not the Browns that catch the bad break! The rival games this season will be INTENSE!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2006, 10:14:53 PM »
You know what's great about America?

They're terrible at the sport that all the world plays, so they make up their own sports, become the best in the world at THOSE, and then completely discredit the sport that everyone else in the world plays.
~I.S.~

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2006, 05:15:51 PM »
America the beautiful...
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2006, 07:14:40 PM »
Well, we do great at the Olympics...........

I'd say we are far from being the worst at sports. We just suck at soccer.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2006, 07:34:32 PM »
That's because a lot of the sports were invented by us, as IS stated.

« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2006, 08:01:54 PM »
I dunno. I just like watching sports.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2006, 06:28:16 AM »
Sports are fun to watch, especially when you see the players crunch each other into the dirt, or a fight breaks out, a REAL fight.

As long as the USA beats Ghana, and Italy beats the Czech Republic, we will advance to the Round of Sixteen. There are others ways to advance, but this is the simplest one to put in words. Also, we have to beat Ghana, no matter what situation it is.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2006, 10:38:26 AM »
Has anyone heard about Joe Mauer and his .380 batting average?  He's getting 2-3 hits a game, playing every freakin day, and the superpowers of the league want to snuff him from the All Star Game?  He's leading the whole freakin Major leagues in average.  He's hitting the ball better than Ichiro!  If they snuff him just because he doesn't have 25 home runs and 95 RBI at this point of the season, that would be a great tragedy.  At least he's helped the Twins back to .500 after being 27-34 last week.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:13 PM »
Errr.......Barry Bonds is taking steroids!

An update on Roethlisberger:
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and the woman he crashed into in a motorcycle crash last week are both receiving citations. Roethlisberger's troubles were "failure to wear a helmet" and "failure to drive according to his license class."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2006, 10:12:03 AM »
Hey, do any other Twins fans roam the forum?  We're on an 8 game winning streak right now.

Print