Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
1 (33.3%)
lol wut
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Print

Author Topic: Fungi Forum Sportscenter  (Read 60945 times)

« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »
The Cowboys are 0-1 after losing to the Jags last week. It's hard to believe they could lose another opener, but they did, and the only place to go is up. The Cowboys had the game, but like so many other games, they died in the 2nd half, and lost....................

And we had a chance to win it back, until Bledsoe tossed up two interceptions on the same drive (the first one was called back, but the next play, he tossed another)
This should be in the Angst thread too, I'm so p***ed.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2006, 08:20:44 PM »
Week 1 BROWNS summary. First play: Charlie Frye connects with Braylon Edwards who makes a TD catch for 75 yards. It was called back because of holding away from the play. That my friends i shte  summary of the whole season. I promise you. A step too slow and an inch too short.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2006, 02:47:26 PM »
Probably suffered a severe concussion.

Hah! I was right! Well, he seems to be doing fine. After a hit like that, I bet he might miss a game.

Great. Now Troy Polamalu has a shoulder injury. There goes our best defensive player...however he is questionable for Monday's game.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »
The Cowboys are 0-1 after losing to the Jags last week. It's hard to believe they could lose another opener, but they did, and the only place to go is up. The Cowboys had the game, but like so many other games, they died in the 2nd half, and lost....................

And we had a chance to win it back, until Bledsoe tossed up two interceptions on the same drive (the first one was called back, but the next play, he tossed another)
This should be in the Angst thread too, I'm so p***ed.

Why in the world would they keep throwing the ball if they had a late lead?  Run the ball, burn the clock, and trust your defense.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »
They didn't have the late lead. They had the lead into the 3rd and just shut down after that. He was throwing because running would have made things worse. (Actually, they did run the ball with :28 seconds left..........on their own 30! How stupid is that?) Oh well, if I think I could do it better, I should be out there, right? They did their best, I guess.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2006, 05:01:46 PM »
Sorry. the way you put it, it sounded like they had the game nailed down when he threw the pick.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2006, 08:14:26 AM »
Well, football fans, it's week 2 of the 2006 NFL season.  I'll definitely be watching when the Vikings play the Panthers today at noon.

« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2006, 05:09:33 PM »
Finally, the Cowboys beat the Redskins. Last year, we lost both games.

« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2006, 06:40:19 PM »
Well I wish I had a favorite football team, but I guess I really don't. I don't care who wins as long as it's not the Raiders...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »
Well I wish I had a favorite football team, but I guess I really don't. I don't care who wins as long as it's not the Raiders...

ESPN was talking about the reasons why Oakland might NOT win...a game this season.

« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2006, 05:37:26 PM »
Actually, I think the Bucs won't win a single game this year. And it's not suprising, since they were the first team to do it anyway.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »
Well, my Steelers aren't acting like Super Bowl Champions this year :/. They better improve soon to 2-2, or else they're in a deep heap.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2006, 06:13:57 PM »
The Browns have won. I cannot believe it. What a fantastic game.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2006, 07:07:02 PM »
Cowboys whupped the Titians 45-14. Awesome (yet boring, and one-sided) game.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »
Boring and one-sided? Didn't you see Haynesworth stomp that guy? Haynesworth should have been taken to jail right then. He stomped on a guy's head with cleats when his helmet was already off. That is assault. I'm glad he's getting fined and suspended without pay.

Also, for anyone that missed the Sunday and Monday Night games, the outcomes were:
Sunday: Seahawks 6, Bears 37

Monday: Packers 9, Eagles 31

Print