Print

Author Topic: Luigi is not a coward!  (Read 12041 times)

« on: March 13, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »
Since Luigi's Mansion he's been labeled as a chicken. I think the only other games he showed fear was in Mario & Luigi ( Correct me if I'm wrong, I wouldn't know, I have yet to play those games ).

What other game has he ever been afraid in hmmmm!?

In Luigi's Mansion he was scared. But you would be too if you where alone in a dark mansion FILLED with ghosts and spirits!!! Armed with an enhanced vacuum and flashlight! And a few mushroom people that don't help.

All of a sudden he became afraid of everything overnight because of that game.

Is his new fearful personality added by how he almost never goes on adventures? Or that he's supposidly shy or something!?

Anyway, bottom line why does everone say he's a coward because he went into the haunted mansion!? He seems a lot braver than anyone else to me!

Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:58:06 PM »
He gets scared in Mario Party, and DDR:MM.

Also, if you get Luigi's health down to 1 or 5, (Yes, I know it's cruel,) He'll scream Mario! in a cowradly way.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:00:31 PM »
He gets scared in Mario Party, and DDR:MM.

By what?
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:55:13 PM »
In Mario Strikers, he'll siver "N-N-Next level games." That's complete and udder BS, I'm telling you. Why is he afraid of everything? I'm tired of it, really.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:01:06 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »
He needed more differentiation from Mario, and if I recall correctly, he's always been the more timid brother.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »
That's complete and udder B&, I'm telling you.

Is this a new use of "B&" I'm unaware of?

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »
I'm guesing his cowardice stemmed from his Fist of Fear attack in Super Smash Bros. Plus he works well as the comedy relief character of the series.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 10:19:14 PM »
Nintendo's obviously trying to justify making him 2P in the original Super Mario Bros. game by giving him a timid, scared of everything sidekick personality. And I honestly don't like the direction Nintendo took with Luigi, to be honest. I mean, if you want to make Luigi less decisive than Mario, great. But making him afraid of everything, as Nintendo seems to be doing with their recent works, is just overdoing it to me. I don't know.
~I.S.~

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 10:40:44 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty lame how Nintendo's flattened Luigi into such a static character.  It's very corporate of them--almost as if they funded an internal marketing group to give the green bro a make-over.  By the way, I agree:  It all started with Luigi's Mansion.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 12:29:03 AM »
Luigi is still heroic.  Remember, he saved Princess Eclair and the Waffle Kingdom from the evil king Crepe, without any help from his older brother.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 12:58:16 AM »
No no, not King Crepe. The Chestnut King. But that's besides the point.
In M&L:PiT he was portrayed as a "target" more than a coward. Throughout the course of the game, he's stepped on, whacked, chased, and several things fall on his head--Baby Mario, a shrooblet, an enormous block, and a hamer, to name a few.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 01:58:51 PM »
Is this a new use of "B&" I'm unaware of?

Huh. I saw someone else use it, so...........
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »
No no, not King Crepe. The Chestnut King. But that's besides the point.

I suggest you re-read the last chapter of Super Luigi.  It clearly explains how Crepe was the true threat to the Waffle Kingdom, in his bid to restore the power of the Luff Empire.  The Chestnut King was innocent.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »
I don't mind his timid nature, but Nintendo seem to be overexaggerating it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »
Huh. I saw someone else use it, so...........

That means B-and; banned. :O

Anyway, Luigi is funny as the more timid brother, but they overdid it, imo.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Print