Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710232 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #585 on: August 11, 2006, 10:38:42 PM »
I can usually feel when a mosquito inserts its proboscis into my epidermis. It is not a pleasant sensation.
That was a joke.

« Reply #586 on: August 11, 2006, 11:12:24 PM »
Kind of why I think it wasn't a horse fly that bit me that one day a few Summers ago, and think it was some sort of fly with a proboscis....

Or a mosquito that looks like a fly.

I'll get into the story, seeing as it's fitting for this thread.

One day, I was at my father's cousin's house for an annual (it's been on hiatus for the past 5 years, due to 9/11 and the cousin currently serving time in prison, that, and the house is pretty much not theirs anymore) family reunion-type event. I was in the pool enjoying myself, when suddenly I feel as if something is starting to suck the life out of my arm. Looking there, I see what looked like a fly on my arm, sucking my blood. I said in my mind "that doesn't look like a mosquito", and showed it to my father's various cousins who were in the pool with me, asking them what to do.

I didn't want to bash the thing with my other hand, because I don't want to feel something that big getting squished. They suggested I go underneath the water, and I did. It flew away, I came back up, blood appearing where it was devouring my life force shortly afterward. The wound healed as quickly as it appeared. Not itchy, so, uhh.....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »
Let me tell you all a story of how the modicum of faith I had in the American Justice System has been shattered into irretrievable pieces.

One of my father's friends has been separated from his wife for about four or five years now. They have two daughters, roughly aged ten and seven. Anyways, the wife has had custody of the children for a while now. About a year ago, she was caught selling cocaine to elementary school children. So, she went to court, and got off by claiming that "her husband never payed child support." Which he had, and he had receipts to prove it, also. So, we have pushing drugs to children, and now perjury. So, the trial for this is over.

Want to know what she got for all this? One year house arrest, and custody of the children. Not a single day in jail. Because, you know, a coke-pusher is a MUCH better parent than someone with a steady job. I bet those children become cocaine addicts.

Needless to say, I'm very unnerved. And it's quite sad to see how naively happy those two girls are throughout all this incompetence. It really is.
~I.S.~

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2006, 09:00:03 AM »
Good God. That's unbaelivable. I should be thankful my mother is as good a parent as she is. She managed to get by without my father paying his child support. (Really, he hasn't.)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »
Wow. Just, wow. You know how I have a Mario RPG site, right? MaxVance tells me Google Pages hold 5 times as much stuff as Triod. So I get working, break my back working with HTML, and when I'm "done," I get a message in red text: You have reached your limit of 100 files. WTD?! I worked all week on this!!! I broke every link on the Tripod site to make the google pages one work! I'm so ticked off right now.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2006, 04:27:29 PM »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2006, 04:30:35 PM »
I really need to get a game on my DS, I have to do something on it. Is thier any game I should get first? NSMB mabye?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
I really need to get a game on my DS, I have to do something on it. Is thier any game I should get first? NSMB mabye?
NSMB is great, but it doesn't show off the DS's features well.  So, if you are new to the DS you might want to try Brain Age, Wario Ware, or Feel the Magic/Rub Rabbits.  Still, NSMB and Mario Kart are games everyone should own.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »
I was thinking about Brain Age, but which one is better? BA or Big Brain Academy?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #594 on: August 12, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »
I like Brain Age a little better, but I'm in it's demographic, not Big Brains.  Both are good though.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #595 on: August 12, 2006, 07:21:14 PM »
BBA looks good, but BA has sudoku, which I don't like, so BBA wins!!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #596 on: August 12, 2006, 07:24:25 PM »
Good Choice. BBA is a really good game, although it doesn't have voice technology. I look at it like this. If you're organized and stuff, get Brain age. If you're quirky and spontaneous get BBA.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #597 on: August 12, 2006, 07:24:56 PM »
I never understood people not getting something or giving it a bad review because it had extra(s).

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #598 on: August 12, 2006, 07:31:58 PM »
so it's settled, I'm getting BBA! I'll first have to get money for it :(. Oh and Luigison, you mabye like BA because you're organized and stuff.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #599 on: August 12, 2006, 08:11:42 PM »
I am so NOT organized.  Of all the people I know I am the least organized.  When I first got BBA I thought it was equal to BA, but after a week I had gold and almost everything and platnium and a few.  After that I didn't have an urge to play it again.  I still "play" Brain Age.  BTW, I hated doing pencil and paper Sudoku's, but wrighting and erasing in BA is so easy the puzzles a lot more "fun".

Overall Brain Age got a slightly higher review average:  http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931667.asp

Big Brain Academy is still a good "game":  http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926846.asp

Print