Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710333 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #615 on: August 16, 2006, 10:40:42 AM »
"You're BAD PEOPLE."
My experience with parents is that they often over react and misplace anger when it's over their kid(s). 

One of my neighbors got very angry the other day when her little kid went out with out her knowing it.  I'd went to get the mail which requires me to walk past her house and my cat followed me like he always does.  The kid saw the cat throw the window and said something I didn't understand completely, but I acknowlegded that he was looking at the cat.  My cat followed me home and I heard the kid from the sidewalk across the street say something about the cat so I took the cat to the sidewalk.  Just then his mother walked out and was very angry at her kid and though she didn't voice it I could see she was mad at me too because of the "You're a BAD PERSON" look she gave me.  I was ashamed.  I'd assumed she allowed him out, and didn't want him to cross the street, but she didn't even know her child had went outside.  I can understand her anger as I could have been some perve using a pet to attract children, but from my point of view it was her fault for not properly watching her kid or locking the door.  Regardless, I'm sure I'll over react from time to time over my daughter who is scheduled to arrive tomorrow evening.

BTW, I'd taken the cat towards her son who I'd known previously liked cats full well knowing that his father did not as I've heard him use the word "kill" and "cat" in the same sentence another time I'd went to check the mail.  Who knows, maybe my cat's been using his flowerbed which is all dirt and weeds as a litter box. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #616 on: August 16, 2006, 06:41:35 PM »
That sorta reminds me of the time my mom saved a little girl's life...
She was at a store, and she saw a little girl (about 3-4) unattended walking around in the parking lot, almost about to cross a street. My mom comes over there to go save her. She brought the little girl back to that store (my mom had assumed that she was recently at that store), and she brought her to a cashier. The worker called her mom, and after about five minutes, that girl's mom came. She didn't thank anybody, she was really upset about everything. But not about how she lost her child. She was upset because she found her child... and that's all my mom told me.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #617 on: August 16, 2006, 07:07:47 PM »
eBay ANGST!

This guy sent me the Euro version of Excitebike when his auction clearly showed the North American version:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260015713380  BTW, the Euro version does not have a My Nintendo code.

This guy won't reply to my emails:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170015695217  He said it included an unused My Nintendo code, but I'm starting to think he lied.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #618 on: August 16, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
That sorta reminds me one of my friends sold "Green Air" on eBay. It was actually just a jar painted green. But somehow, he got $20 for it.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #619 on: August 16, 2006, 08:51:43 PM »
I don't do the Ebay thing too much anymore (I've been burned one too many times).

I'm here to complain about the people I work with (or more specifically, most of my CSM's). See, I work at Wal*mart, and any day that I don't have to work is a blessed day indeed. That's because most of the CSM's (people in red vests at Wal*mart) don't care about us cashiers. There are 3 that are really good at their job, but one is leaving (moving to Florida), one is currently on vacation (I think), and the other one.. just doesn't work often enough. (ok, so she just has alot of time off)

The other 3 or 4 CSM's just stand around and talk all the time (even though they've been repeteadly told not too), or they do things in pairs, while talking (again, told not to do that), or there is one that just completely ignores the fact that the cashiers need help. They carry around these palm pilots that we can send different codes off to, and they beep when we have sent them a code.

There was one day I was on a registar close to where the CSM podium is, and could see the lazy CSM. One of the nearby cashiers needed help and sent the code for it. The pilot went off and the CSM (who had been just standing there talking) looked at her palm pilot, and then just sat it back down and kept talking, like it hadn't gone off. One of the 3 good CSM's was standing there, his pilot went off, and he went to help the cashier that needed help.

Sorry, I just get so aggravated at work. My fiancee thinks it's cute and loves to calm me down, but I've gotten so frustrated that I had to put something up on the Internet somewhere so somebody could see it.

Go visit my LiveJournal (see signature) for more rants about work.

I guess that's all I have to complain about right now. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #620 on: August 16, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »
There's a big sore spot on the right side of my tongue way in the back. I'm thinking about cutting it off.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #621 on: August 17, 2006, 11:21:15 PM »
No one helped me trying to find the bean fruits in Mario and Luigi: SS, I posted a help thread, and no one replied! Expept me!!!! Grrrrr.......
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #622 on: August 18, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »
I have lost faith in American telivision today.

It's a about Kappa Mikey, a new T.V series coming to Nick on August 20th. The show stars a super hero named Mikey, the "number one face of Japan Anime". The support characters include a rat (who sort of looks like everyone's favorite over weight electric rat) and a boss who also appears in super deformed mode. I've had it with this.  It's like American telivision is trying to rip  Anime  clear off the face of the Earth. I didn't want to believe it when that crappy Totally Spies show came out. I didn't want to believe it when the Avatar came to Nick (hey, it's actually a good show.) But I just can't take it anymore. Yeah, so Drawn Together had Ling-Ling. But that's way different when compared to this. Somehow I think these people hardly know or understand Anime at all, and are just trying to appeal to American anime fans to make a quick buck.  I think it's disgraceful, and it reflects on how unoriginal we are.

*sigh*. So, how was your day?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:20:14 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #623 on: August 18, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »
I have lost faith in American telivision today.

It's a about Kappa Mikey, a new T.V series coming to Nick on August 20th. The show stars a super hero named Mikey, the "number one face of Japan Anime". The support characters include a rat (who sort of looks like everyone's favorite over weight electric rat) and a boss who also appears in super deformed mode. I've had it with this.  It's like American telivision is trying to rip  Anime  clear off the face of the Earth. I didn't want to believe it when that crappy Totally Spies show came out. I didn't want to believe it when the Avatar came to Nick (hey, it's actually a good show.) But I just can't take it anymore. Yeah, so Drawn Together had Ling-Ling. But that's way different when compared to this. Somehow I think these people hardly know or understand Anime at all, and are just trying to appeal to American anime fans to make a quick buck.  I think it's disgraceful, and it reflects on how unoriginal we are.

*sigh*. So, how was your day?

Preveiws of that show have been playing on teletoon for quite a while now (Yes, I'm canadian). At first glance, it might appear that they're trying to parody anime, but you're right. They just want to cash in on the "in" right now; anime. The creators are making fun of the visuals of anime, but are missing the entire point of anime. Namely the deep, continuing storylines, the huge amount of characters development, the well-writen dialoge, the inspiring musical scores, the climatic battles, the wonderful voice actors and much more. All of that Kappa mikey seems to lack. A darn shame, since Nick actually did make a good anime copy ( Avatar).

Plus the visuals don't even look like anime. Real anime is more detailed and better drawn then KM. Real anime also has something called shading and lighting.

Well, I got my daily angst out in the open.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #624 on: August 18, 2006, 08:58:58 PM »
I was initially excited about KM. I was thinking: "Finally, a show that'll give those crazy anime fans what they deserve!". Then I actually saw it. I was mortified. I'll bet I could parody anime 20 times better than that.

« Reply #625 on: August 18, 2006, 09:16:13 PM »
It really is pathetic. Oh, and by the way, Nick is releasing yet another anime parody. Now we have something called "Shuriken School." I really just want to go over to Nick HQ and slap everyone with a wet towel rag.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #626 on: August 18, 2006, 10:22:21 PM »
Ack!  People have to be registered and logged into the Fungi Forums to view attachments.  My usualy hosts are down, have problems, or no longer exist. 

Jman

• Score
« Reply #627 on: August 18, 2006, 10:57:41 PM »
It really is pathetic. Oh, and by the way, Nick is releasing yet another anime parody. Now we have something called "Shuriken School." I really just want to go over to Nick HQ and slap everyone with a wet towel rag.

Yeah, slap 'em right in their thick heads.

I also have angst to report.  I tried to start my own trademark from a typo in the chatroom, but it didn't go so well. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 11:14:36 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #628 on: August 19, 2006, 01:38:06 AM »
I'm feeling a little angst at "smart" people; the people who think they know everything and anything about the universe.  The people who claim that any religion other than pure science is complete fantasy and utter fairytale.  These people appear, to me, as the most lost, close-minded, and unsure people I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. 
Pride is not a good thing.  Brains are not the peak of happiness.  And most of all:  The television is hardly ever right.
(That last part may not seem to fit in, but in all honesty, it truly does).
Seeing this type of person is always very depressing for me. 
But, on a lighter note, there's always hope for change. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #629 on: August 19, 2006, 08:36:21 AM »
You have a good point, though I don't see why you single out "strong" atheists when there's people of almost every religious belief structure who do it.
EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, I understand why you focus your attention to one belief here... though I still think it can apply to any belief set.

And ya, the TV is almost never right. Most new shows are not well contrived at all, and every time I see a celebrity breakup on news programs, I want to just throw up. Ugh.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 08:38:04 AM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Print