Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1721632 times)

« Reply #705 on: September 07, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »
* Toad sends prayers.

I hope your dog pulls through. I would hate think about what would happen if my dog were to be hit..

*shudders*

Thank you very much Toad, but she's fine now. Shortly after being smacked, Shadow rose up from the ground and was fine. She's so strange, sometimes I think she's Mega Mutt.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »
Well, right now I'm missing a dance.  I usually never attend dances and don't mind missing them, but for some reason this time is a bit different.

In my freshman year in high school, this girl in my German class told me I should go to the first dance, the only one held outside.  I knew she wasn't asking me to go with her, but she was simply persuading me to try to enjoy myself.  At the end of that day, I told her I'd go, and she seemed pleased for me.  When I actually went, I found her after a while, pretty early on, dancing with her friends.  She tried to make me just dance: not with her, just, you know, dance in the whole group of people around us.  I was almost about to, but suddenly fear or shame made me refrain, and I told her either that "I couldn't" or that "I can't dance".  She yelled, because the music was so loud, "You suck!".  Not that other people heard her or anything, but that didn't exactly give me the confidence boost I needed.  I afterwards walked inside the cafeteria, and checking the time, I turned on my mom's cell phone, which I was borrowing because I didn't have one of my own yet.  One of the teachers walked up to me right away and told me to put it away; next time she would take it from me.  I hadn't even heard that cell phones weren't allowed at dances, and being scolded didn't make me feel better.  Also, my school's dances don't let you leave whenever you want, you have to stay until 10:30, I believe it was.  So already my night was pretty discouraging, and I couldn't even go home.  I ended up spending the rest of the night sitting on the other side of this big round fountain area thing, away from the dancing and the people.  About every half-hour I would go to the bathroom, to make it more interesting.  Twice teachers came up to me to ask if I was alright.  The first time it was the lady who told me to put away my cell phone, the second time it was the principal.  I told them both I was fine.  The principal I actually talked to a little more, to be polite.  I told I had seen a shooting star a little earlier, which I had.  I didn't even know she was the principal at the time, I thought she was just a teacher.  Anyway, it was the perfect prelude to a pretty rough year for me.

So yesterday after school, people were abuzz about the first dance of the year, my junior year.  I wasn't really thinking about it, and didn't even mind others talking about it.  But then this one girl in my group of friends that I at least greet regularly asked me and the two people I was next to if we were going.  Everyone said yes, but I tried to shake my head gently.  She persisted that I should come, and that's where I went crazy.  My friends are the people that do school plays and stuff, and we like to act weird a lot, so I began a long series of sentences that I sputtered out quickly while jumping up and down about how I never go to dances because my spirits were dimmed ever since my first dance and how I have low self-esteem and I wouldn't have anyone to hang out with at the dance because I don't have any friends-- the girl interrupted saying "WE'RE your friends!"-- and I continued on saying how I can;t hang out with them because they all hang out in a, inclusive circle that would make any entrance quite awkward and unwanted-- and by this time one of my friends gave me a hug and they were all consoling me but I was trying to tell them that I had been kidding, which I was.

I have angst because I don't think they believed I was kidding.  I don't think I believe me either.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #707 on: September 10, 2006, 02:01:11 AM »
Whoa. If it makes you feel any better... I read your entire post.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #708 on: September 10, 2006, 09:50:53 AM »
Markio, you and I are more alike than you think...

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #709 on: September 10, 2006, 12:52:15 PM »
I can relate: I can't dance at all, but I am pretty good at DDR: MM. If it's real dancing, I can't do it; if it's video game related dancing, I CAN do it.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #710 on: September 11, 2006, 02:47:22 PM »
My new topic got locked for no reason!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #711 on: September 11, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »
Oh, there was definitely a reason... (*cough*see rules*cough*)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #712 on: September 11, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #713 on: September 11, 2006, 03:13:43 PM »
Don't see anything!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #714 on: September 11, 2006, 03:22:16 PM »
Another problem is that this topic was cited in the rules as what not to do. It probably wouldn't have been locked so quickly if it weren't for that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #715 on: September 11, 2006, 03:24:49 PM »
1. This is for Billy and Mandy Purposes only, not all Cartoons
2. It DIDN'T have a REASONABLE FIRST POST

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #716 on: September 11, 2006, 03:30:11 PM »
Quote from: The Rules
  • Do not question or complain about moderators' actions.
  • No talking in all capital letters ("shouting").

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #717 on: September 11, 2006, 03:30:55 PM »
Erm... that thread is EXACTLY the same as the "this is what not to do" thread. EXACTLY.

The title is essentially the same, the intended discussion is the same, and the content (or lack thereof) in the first post is the same.
~I.S.~

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #718 on: September 11, 2006, 03:32:15 PM »
Gulp!

EDIT:I'm not complaining in this current post but I don't see anything in my first post
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:35:22 PM by coolkid »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #719 on: September 11, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
Gulp indeed.
B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B&
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print