Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273176 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2006, 08:40:48 AM »
<TEM> boy am I glad Luigison warned me about the limited reservations
<TEM> There were only 14 at the gamestop I went to, I was 6th in line

Score. I also reserved LoZ: TP while there.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2006, 10:54:18 AM »
1:30 PM
Heh.  You might want to go ahead and post in the ANGST thread.

[09:45] <Luigison> 13th in line
[09:45] <Luigison> waited for 1 hour 30 minutes
[09:45] <Luigison> on Fri 13th
[09:47] <unlucky13> they said they only had 11, but i know that was a lie.  they held 4 for employees.  too bad i'm no longer an employee.

BTW, I think it's possible that every store got 15 and the other numbers are due to employee reservation.  I can't confirm this though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 10:57:10 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #497 on: October 13, 2006, 11:50:12 AM »
I love photoshop! It helps me make my dolls! It's better than Paint Shop Pro. Which is why I'm thankful that PS came with this Powerbook G4 because I don't have to buy it!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06:03 PM »
Well, I got to the store at about 6:15 am, and ended up 27th in line out of a total 32 units.  I heard somewhere that they were only allowed to keep two for employees, but I don't know if that number has grounds in reality.

My friend went to a Gamestop in a mall at about 8 am, and ended up 15th of a total 50 availible.  So I don't think every store could've gotten the same number.
Go Moon!

TEM

« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2006, 02:52:53 PM »
As far as I've heard every store had a different number of reserves available, the one I went to had 18, 4 going to the employees.

« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2006, 03:59:26 PM »
I went at 1:20PM and was officially the first person in Bozeman, MT to get denied. She said that the person on the phone she was talking to when I came in was the last person. I thought they weren't supposed to do phone reservations! :(

It's okay. I work at a gaming-related store and have alternate means of pwiiordering. I also now don't have to support GameStop, even though I don't think stores get jack for selling Wiis anyway.

Furthermore, I don't expect it to be too impossible to get one from a department store on launch day.

« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2006, 05:58:54 PM »
Sorry to break the Wii posting trend, here, but I am so excited about my grades that I decided to post them..

My final grades at the end of my second term (or first full term) at Westwood College Online are..

I have an 84.44% in my Computer Apps class (which wasn't hard at all..)

I have a 91.27% in my Intro to Drawing and Perspective (which is great, considering I kind of sucked at drawing before taking the class..)

and I have an 89.89% in my Game Development class (darn it! It was almost an A.)

So, not exactly flying colors,  but not half bad if I do say so myself. They were all far better than I expected them to be. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »
I'M so happy! It's raining and thundering here in California for the first time in MONTHS! The smell is refreshing and the sound is reasuring. I'm happy. Happy. Can't stop smiling!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2006, 06:46:47 PM »
Does BP realize Super Paper Mario isn't a launch title?

I'm gonna skip over the Gamestop/EB Games preorders, Toys R' Us has a way better deal. A console, an extra controller and 2 other games for about an extra 50 bucks. Sounds great to me, and my only competition would be middle class, stay-at-home mothers who care enough about their kids to sleep outside the store in November.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2006, 08:07:42 PM »
D'oh. Oh well, then.
I got a clock. It's broken, but it's just so cool: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/182/dsc00869hk5.jpg
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »
Continued from the ANGST thread:

I beleive that since this topic has only gone only 6 days with out an post, this doesn't count as a reveival.

Here's the story: I was typing out this long PM on another site. It was rather humorous, too. I was nearly completed, when suddenly my wrist accidentally pressed a button on my keyboard, and the computer deletes my message!!!! 0:< No message box asking "Are you sure you'd like to delete this message ?" I just refreshs the page, with no PM to speak of. I know the computer technically refreshed the page, and it didn't know it would delete my message, but still.

Well, I'm starting to get over the incident. But I just wish It didn't happen.

Well scartch that. I re-wrote the entire thing and posted it in a topic for everyone to see. No one really commented on it, but I'm just glad with myself because I managed to finish the story. Yay :D!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #506 on: October 14, 2006, 11:58:49 AM »
PWWWWWWWWWWWN

I went to Target today, and I got:
Call of Duty
Call of Duty: United Offensive expansion pack
Call of Duty Official Soundtrack
Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive Strategy Guides

FOR ONLY $20!
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

TEM

« Reply #507 on: October 14, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »
In my backyard we removed a branch from a tree. The branch fell a few degrees in the wrong direction and destroyed a part of my pool. The crash was awesome: pictures.

Destruction-wise the only thing I've seen sweeter than this was when at my previous home my dad, a few of his friends, my brother and I took down an old garage.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #508 on: October 14, 2006, 03:49:28 PM »
Seems more like an ANGST thing to me.  You must not have liked that pool.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2006, 04:11:27 PM »
Seeing the crash is worth having to rebuild the pool. And we got 3 seasons before it gets warm enough to want to swim.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 06:32:26 PM by TEM »

Print