Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1274455 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #510 on: October 14, 2006, 06:21:03 PM »
Man, the area around your home looks cool, TEM. Maybe I think this because I never really go anyplace.

« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »
Coach has told us that this week would be the worst week of our lives. Why is this a good thing? The first day wasn't so bad. Sure, it's gonna get harder, but I think I might make it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2006, 06:38:18 PM »
Art class was a breeze today, we had a guest speaker and all we had to do was sit and listen.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2006, 09:04:14 PM »
Last night I was in bed, dead tired, and I just happen to open my eyes to see the clock read 3:14.  This lead me to think of 3.14, pi, then pie, then apple pie, then apple pie with a slice of cheese melted over it.  After that, I thought of the Chocolate and Cheese law, which made me think of my father, and then my uncle.  For some reason I got really happy then and started smiling while I was laying in my bed.  I don't really know why, but just going through that bunch of thoughts.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #514 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18:12 AM »
If you want a cherry on top of your happy thoughts, just look into the Bush Buddies:

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #515 on: October 17, 2006, 03:17:57 PM »
I need a link for that sprite. Please?

The Lord is good! I have some wonderful news. After that horrible break-in (see ANGST thread), our insurance company gave us a phone call, saying they are going to cover the cost of everything stolen, including my dad's non-working camera! Now, let's run down the List of Prices:
- 1 Gamecube|Limited-edition Platinum-- $100
- 2 Platinum controllers-- $40 ($20 ea.)
- 1 256 Memory card-- $20
- 1 Sandisk Sansa m240 series 1 GB mp3 player-- $60
- 1 Philips foldable Noise-canceling headphones-- $80
- 1 Limited Edition NES Edition GBASP-- $100 (probably, being it is very hard to find one nowadays)
- 1 Pokemon Red version-- $? ($20-40?)
T O T A L: $400
Minus the deductible after you add my dad's camera & equipment ($1,000+), along with the cost of our alarm, I will have enough to buy Wii when it comes out, plus some! Even without my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards being sold, I will still get Wii on opening day! And, I figure that the Lord was watching over my family. Even though I have lost most of what means the most to me (material wise), I'll still be able to replace most of it (minus the memory card :'( ), and I am going to get what I've wanted most. This is absolutely awesome.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #516 on: October 17, 2006, 06:28:41 PM »
See, something good can come from something bad. You would never get $400 trying to sell all that stuff.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #517 on: October 17, 2006, 06:28:59 PM »
The Lord IS good. That's great news! This makes me remember the night my mom bought us a gamecube, unexpectedly. It was on sale, $130 for the limited edition platinum edition, 2 controllers, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and an SSBM skin. That was cool. In addition, she paid more for insurance.

I remember the time my mom, for some reason, kept buying us N64 games. Scary. One day, she came home with an N64, 4 controllers (2 are lost now XD), Super Mario 64, and Paper Mario. I had a blast.

I'm still ticked off, though, that I bought Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, for $35 bucks, and a few weeks later it was $19.99 at Target. But that's angst, and I'm in the wrong thread.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Jman

• Score
« Reply #518 on: October 17, 2006, 07:24:29 PM »
I just wrote a funny song featuring the Animaniacs in the SSB fanfic thread.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #519 on: October 17, 2006, 07:42:36 PM »
Yay, the airsoft guns I ordered finally came! I would take pictures, but my webcam keeps crashing my computer. Anyways, I got an ub3r l33t sniper rifle with a bipod, and this l33t airsoft Webley Mk IV.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #520 on: October 17, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »
Yay, I'm back from Massachusetts and I can do home stuff.  And nothing bad happened on the trip!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #521 on: October 18, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
Ah, it's a good day.  I feel I did really well on the PSAT, having only 3 or 4 which kinda stumped me.  And since it was a test day, I got out of school at 11:00, which is always nice.  Then, when I got home, I watched the rest of The Price is Right, and I'm finishing the morning with pizza I forgot I had.  It's Pepperoni Lovers with Stuffed Crust from Pizza Hut, and it tastes great.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #522 on: October 18, 2006, 09:54:53 PM »
Hey, I took the PSAT today too!  And it was easy too!  AND I got out at 11:00 too!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #523 on: October 18, 2006, 10:17:23 PM »
Nation wide, huh. I took it too. It was okay, I guess.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #524 on: October 19, 2006, 09:51:23 AM »
Mr.Melee, did your insurance company give you those prices?  If so, very good.  I'm asking because they seem high compared to what our insurance company paid us.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print