Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273319 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #525 on: October 19, 2006, 12:10:50 PM »
The homeowner's insurance is going to cover the cost of my pool!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #526 on: October 19, 2006, 12:48:50 PM »
No wonder insurance is so expensive.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #527 on: October 19, 2006, 08:46:31 PM »
The insurance company called us to say that they would cover the cost of everything stolen, minus the deductible. TEM, your family does not have a deductible on their insurance?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #528 on: October 19, 2006, 08:51:27 PM »
TMK - Make Sure You're Insured

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #529 on: October 19, 2006, 09:06:10 PM »
I am hopeful that I will win one of the Wii <a href="http://www.dojoofpain.com/redsteel/index.html?friend=59HKcc" target="_blank">http://www.dojoofpain.com[/url] is giving away.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2006, 10:48:53 AM »
I don't know whether or not to be happy or mad. The insurance company called us again, and they said they would replace EVERYTHING exactly (the older stuff stolen, such as my dad's camera, will be replaced with its equivalent to today's standards). So, now I'm back down to only $50 for Wii. However, I plan on selling the Gamecube, a controller, and possibly a game (Animal Crossing) on eBay, so I'll still get some money. And, unfortunately, my dad will have to sell the camera he gets on eBay to cover the cost of the alarm for our house. So, I'm at a weird situation filled with both HOPE and ANGST. *Mr.Melee releases a big sigh. Guess I'll have to go back to worrying about how much I'll get for my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:19:39 PM by Mr.Melee »

« Reply #531 on: October 20, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
We finally got rid of AOL here, so I can now use my USB Wi-fi connector for the DS.  I have to go search my room for my Metroid and Animal Crossing games.  I'm just so glad I can play online now!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #532 on: October 25, 2006, 03:38:43 AM »
I got 91% on my Maths exam (higher than I'd thought I'd get, lol) and my team and I won a debate against another team from my school by 2 points. =)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #533 on: October 26, 2006, 01:07:53 PM »
*Napoleon Dynamite trademark "Yesss"*
My packages arrived yesterday. Well, half of them. I did receive my mp3 player and headphones (just like they said: exact same item), but the majority of the packages were lenses and the replacement up-to-date camera for my dad. I guess film cameras are so out of date they gave him a 6.0 MP, 12.0x Optical zoom Sony Cybershot Digital Still Camera. He's thinking about keeping it, but if I were him, I would sell it to pay for our alarm, keep whatever's leftover, if anything, and save it up for the Nikon 6.1 MP SLR Digital Camera he wants (which is much better).

I also have some ANGST, and rather than make a separate post, I will post it here. I came home today to see a note attached to the door from the UPS company. They had tried to deliver another package, but no one was home to sign for it. Urg, why is my bus ride home so long? Well, hopefully they will come tomorrow (the sheet said the next attempt to deliver the packages would be tomorrow) when I'm home. Just think, soon I'll be able to sell this stuff on eBay and make a profit towards Wii.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 02:30:38 PM by Mr.Melee »

« Reply #534 on: October 26, 2006, 06:29:24 PM »
There is two feet of snow outside! They cancelled school today and tomorrow! Yipee!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »
Not much of a profit there, Melee...
That was a joke.

« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2006, 08:51:02 PM »
At work, a buch of people said they couldn't show tonight or tomorrow, so I was able to take their spots.  Two extra shifts are always welcome.  I'm kinda disappointed that the polling stops after Nov. 2nd, though.  But, I've had enough for the Wii for a quite a while, so a little time off is nice.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2006, 10:25:28 PM »
I've got a new job at OfficeMax! I'm going to buy videogames like there's no tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 04:24:11 PM by TEM »

« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2006, 06:38:08 AM »
Yay, we bought Click on DVD today, I liked the movie when I saw it in theaters, so I really wanted it so I'm feeling pretty good right now. :D
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #539 on: October 27, 2006, 12:52:10 PM »
I cried tears of joy to myself this morning while waiting for the bus, listening to this while thinking to myself "I'm actually going to perform this."

May seem fairly stupid to others, but I have been in a school band known for having idiots, slackers, and people who just didn't care about music for two years, and I finally got out of the band which was holding me back. And I finally get to perform the more difficult stuff.

My mood quickly changed from happy to annoyed after the song had ended and the bus had become 10 minutes late.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print