Print

Author Topic: Are you gullible? [split from breakfast thread]  (Read 5863 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 08:03:06 PM »
(Note: I meant to post this earlier, right after the "God is imaginary" comment.)

Fuzzy, you, sir, are the most impossibly irritating person on these forums. Don't make me slap you across the face.

Also, I believe Luigison was being sarcastic in linking you that article.
Furthermore, YOU seem to be the most gullible person here. You believe anything an article or book or some "official-sounding source" that seems to know what it's talking about says, yet completely and automatically disregard anything someone says that's different. How does not automatically believing everything you tell us (especially with no real source) make us gullible?

1) Stop forcing your beliefs and opinions on others.
2) Stop being condescending and judgmental toward people who disagree with you.
3) Stop generalizing any information you hear.
4) Keep an open mind. Don't be so selectively closed-minded. Instead of blatantly and blindly arguing your views, listen to what other people have to say. Take in what they say and assess it; you may find some good wisdom and insight. After assessing what they say, if you still disagree, then fine. But at least listen to it.

"One who changes his opinions to fit the truth is humble and wise; one who changes the truth to fit his opinions is corrupt."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:33:40 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 08:51:36 PM »
What makes me laugh is how fuzzy's "facts" are oftentimes heinously inaccurate. A lot of what fuzzy says sounds like he's just parroting propaganda he read somewhere.
If you ask me, not considering what others have to say is way worse than being "gullible".
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 09:05:44 PM »
Am I irritating? (Be honest).
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:16 PM »
Not as much as fuzzy.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »
I haven't recalled any amount of irritation coming from SushiwBoy that is of great importance, so I guess you're not that irritating.

I like how Sapphira said she meant to post that after the "God is imaginary" comment, since she sincerely believes in God(not that I don't).  It's also surprisingly radiant of her to word that one bit: "Don't make me slap you across the face".

I don't think I should say much about fuzzy, as everyone else is saying enough, it seems.  He's probably not bad in person or something.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 12:00:38 AM »
The first page of this topic may be the most offensive thing that I've ever read here.
And that's saying something.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:08:59 AM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 12:05:36 AM »
Statistics show Sapphira said everything worth saying in this topic.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 12:42:34 AM »
No. I am especially skeptical when I read/hear something that is presented as fact but goes against what I have learned in the past.

Don't feel bad.  75% of Earth's population is gullible.  You are not alone.
Without a source, it seems to me that this statistic was made up in order to see who accepts it so that we can call them gullible.
(Edit: It also seems that LD beat me to it.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:51:03 AM by Deezer »

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 07:08:51 AM »
Sapphira said everything I was going to say, except added better material and delivered it in a neater package.

Without a source, it seems to me that this statistic was made up in order to see who accepts it so that we can call them gullible.
Boy, I walked right into that one. I never did admit it, but I've been gullible ever since this (and before): http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=8334.75
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 07:41:23 AM »
Haha, fuzzy is not irritating.  He did make fools out of you, though, so laugh it off!
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »
I never did admit it, but I've been gullible ever since this (and before): http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?topic=8334.75
Ha ha ha, I remember that. That was pretty funny. And look, my "Wario and Meta-Knight" prediction came true. And you don't see Goomba in the trailer, huh? But man, who could've believed me when I said no Mario Bros.? Apparently Mr.Melee.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 08:40:02 AM »
That hurt.  I was coming to the forums to apologize for being kind of mean, when I noticed that this thread had been created. 

Anyway, let's start out with some questions.  What do you think I have lied about in the past?
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 08:41:56 AM »
BP: Those were my "extremely n00b days," before I was banned. But now look at me! *band*

I forgive you, fuzzy. I, too, was pretty mad.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print