Print

Author Topic: None Like It HOT!  (Read 7189 times)

fuzzy

• Banned
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:32:50 AM »
                         NONE LIKE IT HOT!

Welcome to the environmental thread!  This is here to discuss the issue about the environment, but in particulare about global warming. 

I will post things one can do to help curb global warming and save Earth from impending doom.  Then you will give feedback on the thread about what help topic we are currently talking about.  If you do what is asked, then you get points to your name.  Be sure to tell me about other things you have done to get extra points! 

In conclusion, this thread is all about what you can do to help the environment for the better in a fun way so the Earth  will not be destroyed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 02:56:30 PM by fuzzy »
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 11:42:55 AM »
HELP #1:

Make sure your thermostat is no lower than 78 degrees this summer!
Almost half of the energy we use in our homes goes to heating and cooling. You could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide a year with this simple adjustment. The American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy has more tips for saving energy on heating and cooling.

Worth 5 Points.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 12:55:39 PM »
I think the above tip only makes sense if you have air conditioning... all I have is heating.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 01:27:15 PM »
You get 20 points for not having any cooling in the first place.

Hirocon-20 pts.

Your winning!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »
I would say something, but I would regret it sooooo...I'm not.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »
I have like, 5 fans around my house since my thermostat broke when my family first moved into this house. So it doesn't really apply to me.

Ugh, those colors are so bright, it's blinding.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 02:53:10 PM »
Well, Mr. Wiggles since you are not using any airconditioning at all I will give you a few points for that.  Just remember, when the problem is fixed: No lower than 78 degrees in summer. 

Hirocon-20 pts.
Mr. Wiggles-5 points.

Hirocon is in the lead!

G-Dawg, you can post your opinions here!  In fact that would probably be best, so please do.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »
OK...I honestly don't care about the environment...AT ALL. I don't think that anything's going to happen that is WORLD ENDING.  Well I mean, I care for animals and this and that...but the Global Warming thing is a joke.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 03:10:11 PM by G-Dawg »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 03:11:37 PM »
That's okay.  So are you saying you don't believe in global warming?

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 03:12:45 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Thank You.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »
My air conditioner is set at 67°, with 2 fans inside of it blowing.

I WIN! :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 03:22:57 PM »
I have only my fan and my window. No air conditioning, just heat. 
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »
Well, Fuzzy, you try to persuede us here on the internet, but does your whole town practice these things?
If not, you should try to advocate to them. We know you want to do something, but telling us to do things that We aren't going to do is spamming and flooding. Please give it a rest.
My opinion is that the world is already irreversably damaged and we've done too much damage already. There is too much pollution already. I believe in global warming, and it's all or faults. Unless people that want to kill anyone who ever polluted and clean out the air, the earth is facing it's last few centuries.
Sure helping a little is fine, but that's like a quarter in earth's parking meter.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »
My air conditioner is set at 67°, with 2 fans inside of it blowing.
That is much too low.  You are making Earth even more not enjoyable.  Thanks.  Thanks for destroying future generations and making this problem even more difficult than it already is.

I have only my fan and my window. No air conditioning, just heat. 

You people are great!  20 points!

solidmushroom: No, no, no, no, no, no.  We will never get anywhere with that attitude!  Remember, at the end of the day we should not get too discouraged.  What you do is only part of the equation.  That was true.  But every little bit helps!  Governments are the real stoppers of this, but that doesn't mean we are off the hook.  Even if your theory is correct, does that mean we should just go on polluting?  Of course not!  Stay on track and never lose focus.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »
Even if your theory is correct, does that mean we should just go on polluting?

Why not? I want to live the rest of my life happy, not uncomfortable. I mean I'd rather live a short happy life than a long miserable one.

Print