Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Peach announced as playable character  (Read 17033 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 08:20:09 AM »
So who's the second Peach then?

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »
The manual's good enough proof for me. Who says Daisy can't die her hair and change her dress between pics?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 06:40:48 PM »
Besides why would that be her in the manual if that's not supposed to be her in the game?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 12:37:12 AM »
Because people do crazy things in manuals.  Like turn pink egg-spitting dinosaurs into transvestites.  Anyway, I'm trying to track down the Japanese manual to see if it has the same thing.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
Well.... the artwork clearly shows Daisy. What you're referring to is badly-written text.

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »
Here's the image:http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sports/marioopengolf/images.html?tag=tabs;images HOw come she's blonde?
I got the looks, talents, knowledge, wardrobe, soul, mind, and passion to win...I'm just missing someone whose butt i haven't already kicked! Yea, go Peachy, go Peachy, go Peachy YEA! C'mon Bring it!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »
Guess the game's palette couldn't handle it.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 02:58:40 PM »
We can't let color of hair change the fact that the manual shows Daisy in it, and states that the character in the game is representing her. In my opinion, that is Daisy, and this should be marked as one of her appearances. I, however, do not make that call around here.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 03:06:48 PM »
Well.... the artwork clearly shows Daisy.
The artwork clearly shows a Monty Mole too.

I will have to ask Aonuma if/when I see him again.  He drew the in-game characters.

Edit: Looking closer at the title screen, I see that "Daisy's" earrings are actually different from "Peach's."  That, plus the hair design is enough to convince me.  However, Daisy doesn't seem to show up anywhere else in the game, while Peach (in her proper pink) can be found throughout the game.  It's evident that Camelot was familiar with the manual when designing Daisy on the N64 since this is the first and only time for several years that she was drawn like that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 03:59:42 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 12:02:39 PM »
I will have to ask Aonuma if/when I see him again.  He drew the in-game characters.

Think he would actually remember?
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »
No.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »
There's a chance.  He brought up doing the art in an interview, so it's something that must have stuck in his mind.  I would also bring a screenshot to refresh his memory.

Print