Print

Author Topic: SNES Woes!  (Read 2241 times)

« on: June 19, 2010, 01:12:56 AM »
Last fall I finally got a Super NES. Picked it up at a store called The Exchange, which also had a number of games for sale. I eventually splurged and got a copy of Mario RPG for it--had played the VC version but wanted to experience the original.

The last time I played the game, the console just blacked out entirely. Wiggling the cartridge around in the slot got it working again. I don't want to see this happen again, so I'm wondering if there's any solution to this. Should I clean the deck, the games, or both, and if so, with what? Compressed air, perhaps?

For the record, my SNES is the first generation model, not the mini version.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
I don't know if this is the sort of issue that could be resolved by cleaning the system. If you're going to do so, though, I'd advise using rubbing alcohol. Douse a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol, and use it to clean the cartridge. Then put a fresh coat of rubbing alcohol on the contacts and insert and eject the cartridge in the SNES about twenty times to clean the system itself.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:00:53 AM »
Blow on the cartridge. If that doesn't work blow harder with more spit. If that doesn't work blow into the cartridge slot. If that doesn't work you're boned six ways from Sunday.
every

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »
It's common knowledge that blowing into the cartridge only fixes NES games, Glorb.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
Don't blow into any cartridges. It isn't good for them. Clean them with alcohol and/or get one of those cleaning things that's actually designed to clean the contacts on a console.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 05:51:05 PM »
lol at Chup.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »
I'm not telling you guys. I'm telling those who may not know better.
That was a joke.

Print