Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Sunshine is here [in Japan]!  (Read 3297 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: July 19, 2002, 03:48:05 PM »
I am so excited about the soon-to-be-released Super Mario Sunshine! It looks like Nintendo's going to have another masterpiece on their hands...

When will the new GameCube Zelda game be released? There is really no official date announced...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 03:55:40 PM »
Yeah, it'll probably be the headstone of the Gamecube Empire. At least for a good while. Because they've got the greatest weapon in all of gaming, Myamoto. He has a way of sewing magic into video games.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 04:10:00 PM »
Yeah, look what Shigeru did to Pikmin. He turned a terribly-boring chore [gardening] into one of the most respected and well-deserved generes in gaming!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 04:28:36 PM »
Pikmin isn't about gardening.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 06:55:53 PM »
Yeah, but Miyamoto likes to work in his garden.

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 07:56:43 PM »
Gardening isn't a chore. If you don't like it, Why would you do it? unless your a farmer.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Spiky Blue Shell

• Bane of Mario Kart
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 10:31:23 AM »
My mom makes me do yardwork. Super Mario will probably be the "Must Have" game for GCN at least until Metroid and Zelda are released.

If Mariokart met F-Zero...

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 11:10:18 AM »
I don't think Zelda will be a must have game. It's all cel-shaded. Such a horrible gaming world we live in:

A game called Super Mario Sunshine, and a game that is designed to look like a cartoon. The bad kind of cartoon.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 12:21:34 PM »
*shoots frostbite a dirty look* what do you mean "the bad kind of cartoon"?

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 12:36:36 PM »
Okay I'll tell you why Zelda GCN looks like a cartoon. Shigeru Miyamoto said that he wanted a "different" looking game, because "many of the game designers here in Japan are all going for the ultra-realistic look." Intriguing, yes?

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2002, 02:09:23 PM »
You know, not bad as in I don't like it, or bad as in bad quality, but bad as in stupid. In one of the first previews for the thing, monsters walked off a cliff, and stayed in the air until they looked down. They tried to run back to the edge, but they fell. It's very Looney Toons-ish to me.

-------

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2002, 03:25:41 PM »
That's why I like the GFX in the new Zelda game.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2002, 06:48:38 PM »
Miyamoto wants to make interactive cartoons!!
He said so.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/31/2002 5:49:06 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2002, 09:13:39 PM »
Y'know, I'm getting real tired of people who are like "I hate TLOZ's new graphics!"! If you dont like it dont buy it. And why did this turn into a debate about Zelda any way?
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2002, 09:47:02 PM »
Good question.
-end of discussion-

That was a joke.

Print