Print

Author Topic: Mario Music  (Read 6056 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« on: August 01, 2002, 07:00:51 PM »
Hey everybody, I'm sure at least some of you have realized that most of the music from the Mario games is the same tune reworked...
After studying the music, I have determined that most of the music from SMW, SM64, and it appears in SMS as well, is all based on the water music from SMB. I thought most of the music from SM64 was the Peach's Castle music, but then I realized that the castle music is the SMB water music! Anybody else know any more music based on that? Or any other inter-related Mario music?

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 07:07:20 PM »
Dont forget that the title music from Super Mario 2, SMAS versions of Mario games, SMA 1 and 2 all had the water music! Intresting, No?

It''s the same only different!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 11:30:13 PM »
Yeah, that's true too! Uh, sorry about knocking you out in the bar.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2002, 12:18:30 PM »
Its ok! I desirved that. Did you know in Luigi's Mansion, The tune Luigi hums when he is in an usolved room, the ghosts will make these funny squeking noises and I guess is what a humming ghost sound like!

It''s the same only different!
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 07:00:32 PM »
SMB Water doesn't = SM64 Castle to my ears.

----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 10:43:21 PM »
Sure, it's not exactly the same melody, but it's the same chord progression and stuff. Also, after a little close examination, I have determined that all the Mario Kart games' title screens are that music as well.
It is yet to be determined if the MK levels music are based on the same song or not.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2002, 12:45:25 AM »
And of course there's always the Starman music... it's everywhere too, and more obviously.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2002, 12:28:28 PM »
The "Starman music" is actually the powerups-that-only-last-for-a-set-time music, which is why it plays for things such as the Wing Cap.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2002, 11:45:48 PM »
It was originally the Starman music. And besides, it should really be called the "abnormal condition music," because it happens like when he's riding in that star car thingy in Paper Mario, and I'm sure at other times when Mario isn't directly affected.

That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2002, 04:25:25 PM »
It doesn't happen when he's riding the star ship.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2002, 04:32:59 PM »
Obviously, you guys didn't realize that the "Water Music" that is in basically every Mario game is also the Overworld Music in SMB

The SMBSS also has this music at the intro and credits.

Oh, and by the way, Wrinkly Kong sometimes plays on her N64 in DKC3. Music=Remix of Peach's Castle.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Edited by - MadMario on 8/9/2002 3:46:38 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2002, 11:21:21 PM »
I can not draw any association between SMB's water and overworld music. They seem way different to me. I toyed with the idea, but I can't find much similarity between them. And yes, when Mario is riding up to Bowser's castle, the abnormal condition music plays. Also, at least on the Mario Party 3 title screen (I don't have the first two yet) it is also the Water/Castle music reworked.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2002, 11:23:59 PM »
Oh yeah, and in Luigi's Mansion, the music that plays all the time is that same tune in a minor key.

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2002, 11:23:38 AM »
Oh, oops! Different theme! I was listening to the SMB Medley song on WTMK when I made that comment. You're right, there is no relation, now that you mention it.

Overworld music is basically the same in all of the games though.

EXCEPTION: I don't think SM64 has the same Overworld music as the others.

Or Water Music, for that matter.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2002, 02:26:35 PM »
The overworld music in SMB3 is the water music. The Overworld in SMW is sort of a mix between the SMB overworld and water music. All the music except the underground music and other themes from previous games is the water music. I am relatively sure about that.
That was a joke.

Print