Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226047 times)

« Reply #540 on: December 30, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »
Reminds me of a dream I have every other year about a flying monster truck. It's always the same dream (when I actually have it) with the same horror music and the same setting. The only difference was that it every time it reoccurred, my classmates would be changed out with the ones I was familiar with at the time.

Like the first time it happened in first grade, I was in a log cabin with my first grade class, some girl yelled for the teacher from the outside as she opened the door. After that everyone goes outside and looks to the sky. A giant monster truck on a cloud is there. Then cue the creepy horror music. Then I wake up. The same thing happened in second grade except with my second grade classmates and teacher. It never changes, but I don't think I'll be having that dream again...
I'm a horrible person.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #541 on: December 30, 2008, 05:49:45 PM »
Reading, you do know that this is your second dream relating to Sonic, right? Maybe you're playing Sonic games too much? Or maybe not. It's just a guess.
That's true. As I described earlier, I got Sonic 2006 on Christmas Day and played it all that night, played it all day the 26th, didn't play it on the 27th, and played it heavily after that until I finally beat it last night on the 29th. The ends of games always impact me in some way, and this held true for Sonic 2006, because guess what...I had another Sonic dream last night!

I'm on my parents' computer right now so I can upload a chapter for my story, so I might as well add in the full serving of snazzy color effects you all love so much (except for Chupperson Weird).

It was a scene sort of like the final area in Sonic 2006, except with stone pedestals that held the Chaos Emeralds. All (or most) of the characters from that scene were there, but it was actually supposed to be the beginning of a game. It sort of felt like I was Sonic at this point. I/Sonic (who I shall henceforth refer to as iSonic) said something like "Holy freaking mackerel." I can't remember if it was Shadow or Elise who was like "What?" iSonic responded, "The Chaos Emeralds are here. And not, like, scattered around where they'll obviously eventually be stolen by Dr. Eggman to power this ridiculous cliched monster that'll end up going out of control and trying to destroy the world thus forcing everyone to work together by using the Chaos Emeralds to turn Sonic/Sonic and Shadow/Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles/Sonic, Shadow, and Silver into Super forms so they can defeat it." Heh, I'm not really sure if that's what I said, but it was something along those lines.

Then, I was watching/playing/living a video game in an ocean level with small, but high islands, which I suppose was vaguely similar to Wave Ocean. The character, who was probably Sonic but might also have been Mario (I was no longer Sonic at this point) was going from island to island using the typical Sonic springboards. There was a small building on a larger island with brown walls and a green roof, that looked sort of like a shack or cabin, but Sonic/Mario bypassed it, bounced to the next island, and landed in a larger building.

Something went on in this building, but my memory blanks out everything from Sonic/Mario's final bounce to the scene I'm about to describe. I was myself, in that building, and I needed to go to my locker to get something (it was perhaps a school?). The interior of the building had those green (sort of barf-green) lockers, maroon brick walls, and a beige-ish tiled floor. The E I mentioned earlier was also here, by the locker one or two to the right from mine. In real life, she does share a locker with D that's two lockers to the right from mine.

That's about all I can remember.

I don't really expect these Sonic dreams to stop anytime soon, because now that I've finished 2006, here comes Sonic Unleashed. :P

I tend to dream in chunks. I'll often have two or three "major" dreams in a row or nearly in a row, then it'll sort of phase out, with a few minor ones, and occasionally I'll have a while where I can't remember any dreams at all. I had a down period just before the first dream I posted here, and that was followed by the next major dream. Then came another small down period with a few minor dreams, and finally the three dreams in a row I posted over the last three days. I think recording your dreams helps you to remember them (does it?), so perhaps I'll be having more.

I've never had any "fever dreams". I've had a few similar thoughts, though, like that "stare at an object and make it move with the power of your mind" thing that I'm sure we're all aware of. Also, flying farms...heh.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #542 on: December 30, 2008, 08:24:34 PM »
Sickness dreams are always really strange. Maybe it's because you're half asleep anyway.

I once had a fever dream when I was out sick from school for a week back in my elementary school days. I can't remember what year it was, but it had to have been after Wario Land 3 was released because part of the dream was inspired by my then-recent playings of the game, and I hadn't gotten very far.

That said, I was lying in bed that day as I typically do when I am sick, then all of a sudden I saw the snake vase from the village stage (among others) in WL3 sitting next to the bed. Remember, at the time I hadn't progressed very far into the game, so my assumption was that the vase was some sort of cannon. For some reason I remember the "cannon" next to the bed switching between the WL3 vase and the cannons from SM64, and the bed's blanket seemed to change patterns every few seconds. My mom entered the room, and at that point I felt the bed vibrate as though it had a rocket engine attached to it. I tried to warn her that the bed and the cannon were about to take off, and then she snapped me out of my dream.

The freaky part about it is that she said my eyes were open while the dream/hallucination was going on. Is sleeping with your eyes open actually possible?

« Reply #543 on: December 30, 2008, 08:34:25 PM »
The ends of games always impact me in some way, and this held true for Sonic 2006, because guess what...I had another Sonic dream last night!

Wow. Third times the charm, huh, Reading? I think your dreams are replaying all the time you spent playing Sonic 2006. And they probably won't end unless you stop playing/thinking about Sonic. If not, then grab a bucket full of popcorn and enjoy your Sonic-themed dreams. :)

I had another dream today but it wasn't about Sonic, it was real life. I was in the kitchen, just looking around when someone shouted my name and said "get that cat out of here"! The cat was black. So I grabbed the cat by it's tail and threw it out the kitchen screen door. Then, the cat comes back in a calm manner, almost looking like it wanted something...and that was it. I really don't understand that dream.....maybe I'll be getting a cat someday? I don't know because I don't have any pets right now.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #544 on: December 30, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
Is sleeping with your eyes open actually possible?
I think most species of snake have no eyelids and still sleep, so probably.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #545 on: December 30, 2008, 11:27:10 PM »
That was a joke.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #546 on: December 31, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »
Well, what do you know? My latest dream had nothing to do with Sonic, except for a brief moment when I was Shadow. I didn't play Unleashed yet, so maybe that has to do with it.

I was in a school. It wasn't my school, that I could tell: it was much larger and expansive. I was walking in a LARGE open space, with those big lights with white cylindrical coverings. I was with a new ("new" as in not previously introduced) friend called Z, and one of his friends I couldn't remember the name of. We were going upstairs for something, and then these older guys came and started harassing us. We were just sort of cooly walking upstairs and ignoring those jerks.

We emerged on the second floor. It had brick walls and was shaped sort of like a U - a hallway, a turn to the left, another hallway, another turn to the left, and the final hallway. Those two friends mysteriously disappeared as I entered a classroom. The room itself wasn't familiar, but the class resembled my English class from last school year. We were given paper (an assignment, probably). I accidentally dropped mine, but another new friend, A, picked it up for me. I thanked her and looked at the assignment.

I don't know what occured the rest of that period before the bell rang. We all left the class. I walked to the other end of the U-hallway to my math class. There were these cheerleaders doing practice in the middle of the hallway, jumping around with flags and such. Why they were in the middle of the hallway, I'll never know, although the place did seem strangely empty. Another new friend K was one of them, and there were maybe one or two others I recognized, but I don't know who they were. I entered the math room, taught by the same substitute teacher I had for large portions of my 8th and 9th grade math classes (my middle school goes 7th-9th, making my current 10th grade my first year in high school). C was in this class, and she had the dark red hair color she had for part of last year rather than the shiny blond color she currently uses (if anyone's wondering, her natural hair color is a bit duller blond).

There was a door close to the English class at the other (the first) area of the U hallway that I wanted to find out what was in. After the math class, I entered it. I was standing in what seemed to be a storage room. It was more well-lit than I'd expect, though. There were some boxes and steel things close to me, and beyond that, some sort of console with a label I can't remember. I was now Shadow, and I investigated that console by going through one of those ? circles from Sonic 2006/Heroes. iShadow said "[Heck] a lot better than dying." Wow, perhaps I was remembering my distaste for Shadow's swearing in Shadow the Hedgehog? I never swear, so that must have been Shadow. :o

This apparently was a storage area for some criminal organization. I exited the room through a door at the other end, coming out in a field, with lighting about 5 PM, in some place that looked like an outdoor children's park but I knew was Disney World from a snippet of an earlier dream. I heard a transmission sort of like the ones from Sonic 2006, except it was my mom who was speaking, and apparently she was part of this organization that had that storage place. I walked up to this little kid (pretty much a baby) playing in this sandbox thing and tried to ask him something, and he got scared and ran away. I then looked at a spherical jungle gym thing with red bars, and recalled a narration from Maximum Ride, something like "It was now a sphere, as opposed to the dodecahedron I'd seen earlier", in reference to that jungle gym. That narration isn't actually in any of the books, and I somehow sensed that "dodecahedron" was referring to a sort of half-sphere, instead of an actual...dodecahedron. I don't think I was Shadow at this point anymore. I sort of went around the area, but I can't remember much around here because that's when I woke up.

Strange. This one also had a semi-fixed plot, except it kind of merged into a new one when I entered that one room. Also, four identified friends in this one! Maybe I'm yearning for the companionship of my friends since I haven't seen them all break.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #547 on: December 31, 2008, 02:10:22 PM »
The other night I had a dream that I was at an E3 event and I saw Shigeru Miyamoto on stage. And then he went back into the lobby and I talked to him about Mario. Then he walked me home. ([wtd]?)

Tonight I had a dream that was Cube (Free FPS engine) and Call of Duty 5 combined. It was so confusing that it woke me up and I felt so bad.

« Reply #548 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »
Wow. Reading, that counts as another (4th) Sonic dream. Because you still dreamed about a character from that game; Shadow. 
I then looked at a spherical jungle gym thing with red bars.
That made me think of that show, Recess, where there is a half-spherical jungle gym. I don't know, I'm kinda lost for words about this one.
But I think the dream means that you miss hanging out with your friends, and maybe even school (did I just say that?).
There were these cheerleaders doing practice in the middle of the hallway, jumping around with flags and such.
One word; Awesome.

The other night I had a dream that I was at an E3 event and I saw Shigeru Miyamoto on stage. And then he went back into the lobby and I talked to him about Mario. Then he walked me home. ([wtd]?)

Heh heh, that shows how much you (and everybody else) admire Mr.Miyamoto.

PS I didn't have a dream today.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 04:29:52 AM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #549 on: January 01, 2009, 03:08:37 AM »
What's the deal with this dream interpretation?
That was a joke.

« Reply #550 on: January 01, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »
I guess he believes that all dreams have meaning. I had a dream a few nights ago, and it was pretty strange. So, for some reason, I was in the FBI headquarters, when this guy who my dream said was the president, but looked nothing like George W. Bush. So, he "kidnaps" me, my sister and some other kid. When I say kidnap, I mean forcing us to walk around with him. Heres why: Hes a terrorist in this dream, and he has a bomb. After some random walking around, we somehow end up at my town's high school. I guess it was a class trip or something. So, everyone is released. The parking lot of the place, as well as part of the lawn was of the town's middle school. I noticed a conviently placed bush/tree next to me. I hide behind it, but, unfortunately, some kid says: "Hey! [Luigalaxy]! Your ride is here!" which was the "president". I say, "Shhhhhh!", but I have to walk over to his car. After refusing to enter, he tries to hit me. The high school entirely transfromed into the middle school, by the way. He drives forward at about 3 mph, and he notices. He goes in reverse and then goes about 30 mph. At just the right moment, I jump onto the hood. My ankle gets stuck, but it magically re-appears on the hood. I open the driver side door, (which is on the passenger side, for some reason.) and pull the guy out. He falls to the ground. A big crowd had appeared. My mom appeared out of nowhere and started to lift him up. I put his hands behind his back. Thats all I remember.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #551 on: January 02, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »
This one actually had to do with Sonic Unleashed, which I played yesterday, although the dream in its entirety wasn't about Sonic.

I was driven to a building that was possibly a school. Some of my friends, including D, had arrived here as well. I started a conversation with him as we walked in the parking lot toward the building, but we stopped talking after a few seconds for some reason.

Once inside the building, we arrived at a lunchroom. It sort of looked like the lunchroom from the first dream I posted here (I should give my dreams titles). I got some food and sat down at a table against the right wall. I don't know if A was there before or if she came after I did, but she sat across from me. I greeted her and we again had a few-second conversation before abruptly silencing ourselves. I think this silence thing has to do with my desire to hold longer conversations with people.

After I ate, I went to the upper-right corner of the lunchroom and looked into a narrow horizontal gap in the right wall that revealed an underwater base on the other side that belonged to Dr. Eggman, in a scene similar to Sonic Unleashed. It had gray steel walls and floor and I think there was some seaweed out of water. It was like a video game or something on the computer that I could control - there were these things that looked like white computer keys with weird black symbols on them, and I changed them to black with white symbols. It still was part of "real life", though, because Dr. Eggman got tired of my color-changing and released these GIANT RED BUGS that he called "Sun bugs". They looked sort of like ladybugs, and could fly, but were a brighter red, and were larger. They apparently had a vicious temper, a nasty bite, and attacked in swarms, so I proceeded to get the heck out of there.

I was then at my home, outside, and it seemed like it was a summer evening. The sun bugs were still attacking. I ran next to a group of rocks and trees that's behind my house, but the sun bugs were here too. There was a branch of an evergreen tree that sort of stuck out, and one of those bugs was right on it. I sort of tried to do the Matrix and dodge it, but I ended up plowing right through the whole thing, and the sun bugs were still chasing after me.

Then, it changed. This was all part of a movie that I and my friends were filming. Everything after this point is connected to the movie somehow, although it's sometimes hard to tell what was supposed to be part of the movie, and what I experienced during the "filming" but not as part of the movie itself. Chronological order on these seperate events is really messy too.

It suddenly became night as we filmed the movie outside of my house. The cameraman was a new friend called N, and P was part of the production team as well. These two flaming meteorites came crashing down. They were slightly larger than soccer balls and looked sort of the like the glowy spheres from Sonic 2006's Flame Core except a bit more red instead of violet. I had to go to the bathroom, so I walked into P's house, which was right behind mine (in real life, he doesn't even live in my neighborhood). There was a maroon-violet curtain above the toilet that ran vertically and had a gold pattern and some words on it. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think the design looked like the Olympic Rings thing.

Later, we went inside my house to film another part of the movie. This part was apparently about a contest, sort of like the Winter Awards happening right now with different "most" categories, for inanimate objects. Except these inanimate objects were alive...and no, this is not a fever dream. There was a tall boot next to the door that leads to my garage with really sharp teeth (its mouth was where the toes are), and we filmed it scaring the crap out of this kid who was sleeping in what seemed to be my bedroom. Now, if that had been the dream itself, that would've been a nightmare. :P Perhaps that was "most vicious boot"?

After that, we apparently turned in for the night, and the next morning, it was back to filming. We were finishing up the Inanimate Object Mosts segment, or so it seemed. There was this table in my dining room (the camera was on a stand in the near-left corner) in front of the one that's actually there, and smaller, like a reading desk. There was an open book on here, and I somehow knew it was Brisingr. A nose jumped onto this table and complained "How the heck did I win the award for cutest nose?" It was clearly female, and had a few freckles in the middle (all in all, it fit the description). We then turned our attention to Brisingr, reading a certain portion that talked about "something bad". It mentioned Eragon and Arya (I haven't actually read Brisingr yet).

It was now night again, outside, and there was a pool of dimly illuminated water near the end of my driveway, lit by dim red lights. As N filmed, I watched as something crawled out of the pool. I thought it might be an alligator or something, but it soon turned out to be my friend F, acting like an alligator.

N, P, and F are all friends from my sometimes-odd "video game group", so it made sort-of sense for them to be filming such a random movie. Someone else from the dream like D or A, I can't picture doing that. Yes, D is random, but in a more...cool and civilized manner than random meteors and contests for inanimate objects and people acting like alligators. More like BEAR CAVALRY.

And there's Sonic again, or at least something related to him! I don't think this is going to stop until after I've beaten Unleashed. :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #552 on: January 02, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »
NEED LESS SONIC.

I had this weird dream that I was with my friends at a girls' basketball game. No idea why. I couldn't recognize what team we were there for; it was green vs. blue, neither of which are my school colors. It sucked, the lamesters right behind me got so excited that they lunged forward and flailed their arms, whacking me several times. I fell asleep in a corner and everyone moved.

When it ended I went out and approached what I thought was my car. I was hit by the cold feeling that I hadn't locked the door--and the door to this car wasn't locked. When I got in and turned it on, it was obvious that this wasn't my car. It smelled like an old guy, my dashboard pirate was gone, and it was uncontrollable. It just took off. I eventually parked it near where it was, found my actual car, and got in that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #553 on: January 02, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »
I had a really weird dream which involved myself watching the NFL playoff game between the Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles (which won't even happen until Sunday) with Goku, Gohan, Goten, Piccolo, Vegeta, Trunks, and Chi Chi from Dragon Ball and DBZ.  I also dreamt that I could enter the TMK chatroom for the first time in a long time.  In real life, I can't get on.  I blame Vista.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #554 on: January 03, 2009, 07:35:51 AM »
Flying bikes outside! Or cars. Probably the former, as it may have been some sort of environmental protest. That's all I can remember at this point.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print