Print

Author Topic: Sonic X discussion!  (Read 6090 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 09:27:06 PM »
That's actually pretty old news. Season 3 started in France back in March. It was only a matter of time before they brought it over here.

Oh how I wish a company besides 4Kids would have grabbed the rights to Sonic X. I hate seeing shows be butchered so badly...

Edited by - goodie on 9/6/2005 8:27:45 PM

576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 07:02:51 PM »
Jman: A Smurf's movie?  I don't know how Hollywood can make a movie out of that without destroying the series like usual (i.e. Dukes of Hazard that I read about).  But who knows, maybe it will be okay... not that I will probably watch it.  Btw have you heard any news about the Metroid movie or was that project abandoned?

Lizard Dude: I heard about that comic mini-series.  Is it going to be exactly like the cartoon?

goodie: I know it's old news but it's coming to America soon so it's news for me!  "We're coming to America!"

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 07:19:28 PM »
I totally hate how Hollywood kills great TV shows. They change the voices/artwork/actors and that kills EVERYTHING.

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 08:22:13 AM »
Yeah, you shoulda seen the original Japanese version of Sonic X. There was all this cussing and violence and guns and stuff. Take a look:

Sonic: Hey, f*&k you, a$&#^%$ Eggman!
Eggman: What the $#@^% !@%$!^$ &*&%$# did you just %$#@ call me, you little #@$-&^%$ing %$#@!er?!
Sonic: I called you a $#@!%$^$! And you're a $#@!&!
Amy: Sonic! I'll %$#@ save you!

*WEEEEEEERE POWPOWWHAMDATDATDATDATDATSWOOSH SLAOOOWSMOOSH SPLAT VROOOOOMVROOOM SLIIIICE*

Eggman: Ah, you ripped out my &^%$# heart! And $#@!^ severed my &^%%##& arm!
Sonic: *&^%# yeah!

Okay, fine, it wasn't like that, but they did cut a lot out to make it more of a Saturday-morning kids show. But hey, that's 4Kids for you.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 09:31:11 PM »
-
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:38:56 PM by goodie »
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Jman

• Score
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 09:48:52 PM »
I have heard no news of any sort of Metroid movie lately.  Season premiere of Sonic X was pretty good though.  But this line has been used soooo many times in Sonic continuity: "You're our only hope etc. etc."

KISS?  What does that stand for, Koopas in short shorts?  *Shudders*
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 09:12:23 AM »
Man, today's episode was sure something!  I thought they'd never get that spaceship off the ground!

It started off with the recap of the end of the last episode, where Chris traveled through the time warp into Sonic's world.  But he shows up as a kid again.  He's smarter now, but he still looks like a kid.  Sonic and the others exchange greetings with him, and then later in the episode, Tails tells Chris that only 6 months have passed by in their world, where 6 years had passed in Chris's world.

So, long story short, Chris gets introduced to Cosmo, the mysterious girl that showed up asking for Sonic's help from the Meterex (I'm not sure how they spell it) in our last show.  But when she's telling more of her story to the gang, Knuckles gives her a hard time about possibly being evil, since she seemed to know a lot about the Meterex.

She says she can't possibly be evil, because the Meterex are vicious robots, and then she breaks down when she mentions how her homeworld was destroyed.

Later, Tails reveals his new creation, the Blue Typhoon, a multi purpose craft that with a few adjustments, can travel into space.  The only problem is, he was planning on using the 7 chaos emeralds to power it, but Sonic, as he revealed last episode, scattered the emeralds when he activated Chaos control.

Then, just as Tails seems to finally be ready for the ship to lift off, that unpleasant Meterex shows up.  His one objective is to destroy the spaceship.  Sonic ajnd Knuckles can't seem to ground it, but then Sonic gets launched from the cannon of the Blue Typhoon and busts a hole in the Meterex, which destroys it.  And thank goodness too, that guy was unpleasant.  Now, at the end of the episode, Sonic promises Cosmo that he'll save the galaxy.

Man, this episode was awesome!  This is the great thing about this new season, the episodes seem to keep on getting better as the season goes on.  Let's see if the trend continues next week!

KISS?  What does that stand for, Koopas in short shorts?  *Shudders*

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 08:50:38 PM »
Ha, I was just thinking about ranting about that episode here.  That definitely was the sweetest second episode ever!  When I saw Sonic jump in the cannon and start spinning and the cannon start to glow, I was laughing my head off and chearing as he blasted through that machine like a missile.  BOOM!  And then Chris caught Sonic and that added a nice personal touch.  I know... I obsess.  But I really enjoyed it.  And I thought it was funny how Eggman followed them to space.  I couldn't figure out why he saved Sonic until then.

One thing I love about the series is that it feels more like a fan fic turned anime, rather than usual.  We're talking about giant robots that don't die easily, outer space, and other planets here, people!  I only wish that the landscape in Sonic's world was checkered like in the games and that they would call it Mobius.

Does anyone know if Big or Metal Sonic will show up?  I have this bad feeling they won't have Big since Cream probably can't carry him. *cries*

And I did hear about that crazy voice deal.  Sega sounds really selfish right now.  They just replace people without even giving them a choice?  Cold, man!  I like most of the Sonic X voices but this is people's jobs here!

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 9/17/2005 7:59:03 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 11:17:25 AM »
I am not just bumping up this topic with hopeless drivel, I have a reason for reviving this half a year old topic.  I haven't reviewed since episode 54, but I'm just going to skip it and go from today, episode 67.

It started off with the Blue Typhoon traveling through space, as usual ever since they got it off the ground in #54.  The crew is relaxing, especially Knuckles, who is in Sonic's usual kick-back mode.  Anyway, the crew contemplates a Metarex attack, and they wonder just where they are possibly being led, and if it is a setup. 

A little bit later, they get a message from the Metarex base.  Upon being translated by Cosmo, it states that the crew is invited to the base of the Metarex.  However, Cosmo doesn't read the whole thing, and she takes off to the basement, if you could call it that, of the Blue Typhoon.  She takes off in Amy's ship.  Chris ends up following her to the base.  The crew wonders just where the heck Cosmo has gone off to, as Tails tries to translate the message with his translator.  It turns out, Cosmo had had a conversation with Dark Narcissus, or something like that.  She begs him to tell her everything, as apparently he had promised to do so. 

But, all he tells her is that he has lured her here to be his prisoner.  after the scene I described above, we find Chris has caught up to Cosmo.  Chris tries to negociate with the dark metarex lord, but he's not going to listen.  In the middle of all this, Cosmo tells Chris how sorry she is for getting him involved in this.  And Chris, proving he's grown up, tells her that it's okay, and also tells her that she reminds him of him as a kid.  A rather touching scene, in my opinion. Whats-his-face Metarex interrupts and Chris turns around and chucks some sort of smoke bomb onto the floor.  He and Cosmo try to escape, but Chris is then struck down by Dark Helmet, I mean, Dark whatever the heck is name was. 

Sonic gets up in the Power Cannon that bears his name.  As Amy tells him to bring back Cosmo and Chris so she can knock some sense into them, he is shot off.  He crash lands into the base, and meets the sinister Metarex lord.  They have some words, with Sonic asking for his friends,and with the bad guy saying that Sonic must go through some experiments for him.  At Sonic's request, the tube containing Chris and Cosmo came up from the floor.  Sonic looks at them, and is left shaking as the tube went back down to the basement. 
Sonic is shaking as he says "I've never seen Cosmo that scared before.  And Chris was passed out!  What did you do to them?"  Darkie explains himself, and tells Sonic that the experiments are ready for him.  Sonic starts laughing in a bitter tone and says "Okay, why don't I just test them?"  He trashes the bots, but is stopped by...Eggman, of all people.  Eggman explains that Shadow has already rescued his friends, and that he should leave. 

Eggman then explains that Darkie went too far, even he wouldn't actually try to hurt someone with his bare hands, as his robots usually do that work.  Wow, Eggman's crew has a slight moral fiber to them, it seems.  Even Bokkun gets in on the fun as he whacks Darkie for a loop, no I'm not kidding.  But the episode ends with Eggman explaining that he came to Sonic's aid, but was not on his side.  And he still could be persuaded to join the Metarex!  Whoo, the best episode yet! 

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 05:14:04 PM »
I love the show. I even have ep. 1 and 2 on the GBA video thing.

Kids, don't use formula 1 racecars to chase hedgehogs.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 10:46:26 PM »
My favorite part of today's show was when Sonic got extremely ticked off and turned into Dark Super Sonic.  He then proceeded to trash the place.

Print