I had a subscription, but it ran out.
5 (19.2%)
I read it but do not subscribe.
6 (23.1%)
No, I have never read it.
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power  (Read 7326 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« on: February 08, 2006, 08:45:30 PM »
For those of you who don't know, Nintendo Power is a monthly magazine made by Nintendo. I recently bought a subscription to it, and wondered if other people here have one or read it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »
The same as you. Since 2003 I suscribed. Although I lost many of them and I lost several posters. Through Nintendo Power's special offers on their Magazine, I was able to get SMA4:SMB3 with a set of E-Reader Cards. It ruled.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:48:23 PM »
Where's the option for "had a subsription, ran out, tried to renew, kept losing 20 bucks one way or another, took advantage of the 3 for free offer, ran out, trying to save up again while occasionaly buying a copy that seems worthy of 5 bucks"?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 09:05:33 PM »
I got the AC:WW guide with my subscription. I was going to buy the guide, but when I found out that I could get an NP subscription for 3 dollars more, I got the subscription.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 09:07:59 PM »
I have issues 38 and 50-140something. I have two copies of one issue and am missing the subsequent issue, can't remember the numbers.

I stopped subscribing when I deemed the articles there trivial, the opinions somewhat "forced", and determined my subscription not worth what I was paying for it. Your opinion of N.P. may vary drastically, but I think its quality deteriorated over the 8 or so years I got it.
~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »
Well I don't know what NP was like over the last whatever years. Although I miss the art section on the sides of the pulse section.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »
I had a subscription, but I guess I stopped reading after they changed it up.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 10:39:43 PM »
I kind of like the new version, except for the loss of fan art, and no epic center. But everything else is good. Things I liked from this year in NP:

*The Twilight Princess trailer DVD from the July issue.

*NP 200 countdown.

*The big poster in the 200th issue.

*Inside Zelda section. :)

*All of the Mr. T references!

Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 11:55:45 PM »
I agree about the Inside Zelda series.  That's been the best, consistent part of the magazine for me.  Hopefully, it will hold up at least until the game's release; I'm sure it will.

Next to that are the freebies.  It's cool getting a poster every month.  The stickers were nice, and the DVD was really nice.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 08:39:38 AM »
I haven't subscribed to anything since Disney Adventures. BUT, I do read Nintendo Power whenever there's a new one at Kroger. And they made an HSR reference that I never caught! "Fanfreakintastic!"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:47:49 AM »
I haven't subscribed to anything since Disney Adventures. BUT, I do read Nintendo Power whenever there's a new one at Kroger. And they made an HSR reference that I never caught! "Fanfreakintastic!"

I always dream to have one!!!!!
But I always buy our Nintendo Power: Nintendo La Rivista Ufficiale. I think it's fast the same of Nintendo Power, but I don't like that "fast"!!!! :( :( :(

Here is the site of our magazine: this is the last number I bought! It's really fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
http://gamesradar.msn.it/indexms.asp?RadarPath=/features/default.asp&pagetype=2&subsectionid=362&articleid=69689
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 05:11:27 PM »
I'm waiting for my subscription to start. Nintendo says it'll start with the March '06 issue.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »
I've bought it from the grocery store quite a few times.  But unfortunatly I have never subscribed.:(
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 05:22:25 PM »
I am subscribed to nintendo power. I love that magazine. I'm getting to old for my current magazine and I'm finding myself lacking the intrest to my current magazine. I'm a video gamer, not a girl-fashion magaziner.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 08:34:46 PM »
Has NP rolled out their 201st issue yet? Because I haven't gotten it...I seriously hope my subscription hasn't run out.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print