Print

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog  (Read 11887 times)

« on: February 16, 2006, 06:04:26 PM »
I think we should have a thread about our favorite blue animal. (No, not Falco from Star Fox.)

Many may think he's Mario's enemy, but I think they're a great team.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »
When have they ever been a team?

How fast do you think he can run? I'm guessing up to 80 mph at his fastest (play Chemical Plant Zone from StH2 or Hydrocity Zone from StH3 to see).

Am I the only one that thinks the current amount of side characters is ridiculously high? All you need is Tails, Knuckles and Dr. Robotnik (I'm primarily a fan of the old, 2-D Sonic games).

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »
I think that they're a great team. But it will never happen.

I actually liked Sonic Heroes since they re-used the Chaotix team. (Except Mighty.)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21:51 PM »
I personally dislike Sonic, mainly because the stupid blue hedgehog keeps interrupting in Shadow's plans. XD
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 02:38:13 AM »
This makes me have distant memories of some old member who always posted in-character as Shadow or some made-up character in the Sonic universe.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 04:37:04 AM »
The sad thing is, I know who. I think.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
Shdow the Hedgehog.  I also have only played the classic 2-D Sonic games, and now that we have Sonic Mega Collection for the GCN, life is sweet...er than before.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks the current amount of side characters is ridiculously high? All you need is Tails, Knuckles and Dr. Robotnik (I'm primarily a fan of the old, 2-D Sonic games).

True that. Especially since most of them came completely out of nowhere and with barely any development. I mean come on, who are those random nobodies in Sonic Riders?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »
I like Sonic, and I hate other characters. Eggman is great, Tails is great, and so is Knuckles. I hate Amy and other characters too.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 10:41:19 PM »
Yeah, side characters may be annoying, but they can make the plots of cartoons more interesting. 

As for me, I do prefer the classic Genesis Sonic games.  That is why I bought the Sonic Mega Collection.  I never owned a Genesis, but I knew several people who did.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 11:58:16 PM »
After Sonic Adventure 1 the series just went downhill. The Chemical Plant Zone PWNS!!!!
Senior Mariology professor

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 10:07:32 AM »
I still own a Genesis, and play Sonic frequently. There are a few rumors that there is an official (as in, not fangame) Sonic/Mario crossover game coming out for the Revolution in '07. Of course, I applaud the idea, but even though Nintendo and Sega are pretty much best buds now, I think it's a buncha malarkey. But it would be cool.
every

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 12:25:36 AM »
Can't they see it would help sales of both Mario and Sonic? I mean... Sonic fans would play, say "Ooh, Mario's an okay game!" and start buying more Mario games... and vice versa.

Anyway, to end my rant... woohoo! I can't wait!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 10:45:57 AM »
I'm not sure if that would work.. they're too different.  Sonic is cool because he has an attitude, and the evil boss uses robotic ingenuity, while Mario is polite Joe Regular who has enough moral dignity to save the world from an evil boss that is a giant fire-breathing turtle.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:23:44 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »
My brother is a fan of Sonic, but he hates Mario (omg). He refuses to play any Mario game. As for me, I frequently play a strange and unfinished 2-D sonic game, but that's it.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print