Print

Author Topic: Runescape  (Read 10295 times)

« on: April 07, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »
Is anyone here a player of Jagex Ltd.'s game Runescape? It's an MMORPG where you can fight, do quests, and many other stuff. It's like a slimmed-down version of World of Warcraft. The cool thing is, the game is free and if you want, you can suscribe to a members' account and get more features. (But you have to pay $5 a year.)

However, this game is so addicting that it's the reason why I didn't spend that much time here in FF.

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »
Oh sweet Koopa Troopas, not Runescape again.

I hate it with a passion, mostly due to its blatant disregard for capitalization and professionalism.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »
Really? The one reason I don't play it is cause a close friend of mine told me it flat out sucked and I'd be better off playing Starcraft.

Not that I do play Starcraft or anything.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »
Frankly, I consider RuneScape to be a waste of time. It's like a rip-off of WoW.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 01:01:43 PM by PaperMario »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 09:09:55 PM »
I will never be a player of Runescape, nor will I like it to any extent. You see, my brother got into this hunk o' junk months ago and it cost me valuable time on the computer.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 10:57:52 PM »
Mr. Wiggles has a wise friend.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 08:45:16 AM »
I began playing RuneScape about 5 years ago. Back then, there were only 3 worlds (not 70 or however many they have now). My username was "Krazymonkey5" -- I have a couple stats obscenely high leveled, and was once an admin on a 10,000+ member RS community.

I quit as soon as the following three changes occured (this happened over a span of a couple years, actually):

1) The chat program was parsed in a completely messed up way. I.E., sans exception, all text was changed so that the first letter of sentencs was the only letter is capitalized. This led to stupidity like "Yes, i am insane steve." The censor was also messed up. For a period of time, I remember when every so often almost every character in a chat line was starred out because the program found it obscene. I still think the filter is horrible.

2) The graphics changed. I liked the quaint, almost Paper Mario-ish psuedo 2D character graphics - then they changed to 3D everything. Which I didn't like, although that isn't the worst part... after this, they decided that added a bunch of horribly stupid content, like being randomly attacked by bees, was a great idea. Those random events annoyed me enough to quit.

3) Playerbase went down the toilet. When there were only a few servers, the people in game were helpful and didn't act stupid. I log on about 5 months ago after my year hiatus and discover that like 90% of the playerbase wants to buy my Santa Hat for 10% of its market value, and that they all claim that that's what it's worth although the rare market and market guide on that community I was once an admin on say otherwise. Then they flame me out as a "stupid nob" -- even though, as I said, I've been on that game since it only had 3 worlds. Then again, I realise that the less esoteric a game is, the more likely the playerbase will be full of idiots. Just how anything is, I s'pose.

So, ya. Game became unenjoyable and I gave up.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »
Well, I started playing the second version so I guess I missed out on the other ones.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 02:00:15 PM »
I started to play, my friend gave me a bunch of awesome items, I got killed by a scorpion, and that was that. That was a long time ago, too, before I found other, better stuff.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 03:45:58 PM »
Some of my friends kept pestering me to get an account and play, so I finally did about two summers ago. I probably played it off and on for about a month or two, got tired of it and said "meh," and haven't played it since.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
Insane Steve has inspired me to never play Runescape.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 07:34:34 PM »
TEM has inspired me to read Inasne Steve's post which has inspired me to never play Runescape.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 07:39:43 PM »
My brother plays it non-stop. I don't like it myself.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2006, 03:22:47 AM »
Insane Steve has inspired me to never play Runescape.

I love you Insane Steve.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »
I will never be a player of Runescape, nor will I like it to any extent. You see, my brother got into this hunk o' junk months ago and it cost me valuable time on the computer.
My brother plays it non-stop. I don't like it myself.

My bro got into it yesterday. He got the stupid idea from a friend that likes Yugeo, or wtvr, and I'm trying to tell him it's a waste of time. If any of his friends like anything that's stupid, he gets interested.  Like, Neopets. Is anybody here into that, he wanted to play that too, but I told him only gay people play that. (sorry to anybody who does play it.)

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 05:28:02 PM »
Aw, why not let people play what they want?

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 05:38:35 PM »
It's my bro. I got to look out for him, so he doesn't get the snot beat out of him someday.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 05:52:01 PM »
It's my bro. I got to look out for him, so he doesn't get the snot beat out of him someday...
...for playing Neopets.
-------------

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 05:57:21 PM »
Yeah you know like people think he's a geek or nerd or wtvr, and he gets beat up for playing the game. Or something like that...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 07:16:07 PM »
A lot of "geeks and nerds" get respect from people these days.
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »
Yeah, nerds from the 80s got beat up. These days, you can be nerdy and cool at the same time.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 08:29:54 PM »
You post on a Super Mario Bros. fansite forum and you're worried about your brother being a geek or nerd? Do you get beat up everyday?

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
I'm pretty sure there are straight people in the world that play Neopets. I personally can't find the appeal of a monster raiser unless you can pit them against each other in a fight to the death or something.

Besides, in high school and college, no one beats you up for liking something. At least, not at the one I attend or the ones near me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »
G-Dawg, you've got it all wrong. People won't beat you up for liking Neopets. They'll beat you up because you're stupid, fat, or ugly and SAY it's because you like Neopets. They need an excuse.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 06:15:08 PM »
OK. Sorry that I brought it up. The point is I think it's all stupid.
You post on a Super Mario Bros. fansite forum and you're worried about your brother being a geek or nerd? Do you get beat up everyday?
No I don't. I think this is a lot better than Neopets. Everyone knows Mario.

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »
Hey, you can come to TMK and not be a nerd or geek! Just go look in the "Nerd Test" topic and see all of the non-nerds.

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 06:27:27 PM »
You know that does go against some people, not saying that would be me.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 06:44:33 PM »
That kind of test really doesn't determine anything, it just gives you some kind of response based on how you answer to certain stereotypical questions.

As for G-Dawg's comment about Mario being better than Neopets, while I agree, it doesn't really have any bearing on whether it makes you less "nerdy".
That was a joke.

TEM

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 07:06:41 PM »
Hey, you can come to TMK and not be a nerd or geek! Just go look in the "Nerd Test" topic and see all of the non-nerds.

Ehh, if you go to a Mario forums you are pretty much a nerd, there's not really any avoiding it. But whether that's a bad thing or not is up the the Mario-site-visting nerd in question.

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »
Not necessarily. I'm like the coolest guy I know, besides everybody else I know. XD

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 08:03:26 PM »
Uh... You just said everyone else you know is cooler than you.

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »
I know it was a joke. XD I know a lot of people that are cooler than me.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 05:02:09 PM »
Aust584
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:12 AM »
Well that was a big bump. And for no good reason.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 08:23:09 AM »

i do play runescape and every now and then i would put the link of runescape on here...if u read my sig it'll tell u my 2 non members account names and btw arrom...its 5$ a month not a year
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:31:29 AM by MetalMario »
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »
I only made an account on there to offend users by censor bypassing.

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »
What a noble goal in life.

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 09:58:16 PM »
I used to play Runescape. I remember back when there were only 3 worlds. I first found it when I was looking for Multiplayer Java Bomberman. XD

I started playing and I really liked it because I had never played an MMO. This game is old, there is no way it could be a rip off of WoW.

Anyway whenever I was bored I would get on and just mine, nonstop. And after they changed the graphics to 3D and it was called "Runescape 2" thats when everyhting started to get horrible. Usually when I was full of whatever I was mining it would just fall on the ground. But after the changed you had to manually drop your load before you could continue mining. Then there were the things with the Pick axe heads falling off, and breaking, and these giant rock things would come out of no where and attack you. It just wasn't "Fun" anymore.

I quit after playing since the beginning.

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2006, 06:05:03 AM »
This game is old, there is no way it could be a rip off of WoW.

Nope, it's a rip off of Ultima Online. :D

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
Oh yeah my brother's name is Somebody 00.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 09:21:01 PM »
I admit that I played it until I bought Guild Wars, I haven't played it since.

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »
runescape rules

Print