Print

Author Topic: Upcoming Nintendo titles...which will you play?  (Read 4157 times)

« on: May 31, 2000, 02:53:38 AM »
let's see here...we got Mario Tennis, Paper Mario(tentative title),and Kirby. Those are the games i'm looking forward to the most. might give me a reason to pull my n64 out of the closet for a few months.(especially kirby..he's a pimp)

peace

MrWhitefolks
-serving the universe pimp fighting game combo movies since 2001-

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2000, 09:42:03 AM »
I'm looking forward to Paper Mario Story! It looks even better that Super Mario RPG cause it's more cartoony and sticks to the Mario storyline better. I also hope they make Super Mario 64 2. The original Mario 64 was awesome! It is definately on my top 10 list for favorite Mario games!!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2000, 12:45:52 PM »
Nintendo is so good to it's buyers.  In a modern industry now dominated by flashy graphics, the big N still focuses on the gameplay element.  The 'Paper Mario' sequel to SMRPG looks especially disappointing,  considering the original Square team that made SMRPG so successful isn't around to guide the RPG development. I think it will be a "rent before you buy"...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2000, 03:27:26 PM »
Agreed.  Paper Mario sounds fun at first, but then i think about how the 2D Mario will affect the gameplay.  It may get annoying fast.

PhiledWthWarioPower
PhiledWthWarioPower

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2000, 04:20:16 PM »
Phario: Mario still moves in 3D, so it's more of a graphic thang.

As for me... I agree with the orginal post. Paper Mario and Kirby will rock. But does he really know what a pimp really is?

-Yoshi348
"Always floss before scratching your nose."

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2000, 05:02:55 AM »
doesn't really matter if kirby knows does it?
as long as he's suckin up some bad guys, kickin *** and taking names, it's all good in the gaming world(oh, btw...the reason i'm going to try paper mario is because it isn't rendered square garbage. feel free to flame me)

peace

MrWhitefolks

-save the drama for your momma-

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2000, 10:49:42 AM »
I Plan on getting Paper mario just becaus I loved SMRPG so much, Kirby 64 will be fun, i also want to get mega Man 64 wich should be out sometime between nect christmas and summer.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Im gonna kick Bowser's Arse affar.   ~Geno~
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Im gonna kick Bowser's Arse affar.   ~Geno~

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2000, 12:40:26 PM »
Well I don't look forward to playing any new N64 games except the new Zelda game coming out.  The only other game was Shadowgtae Rising but it was cancelled.  Besides, I don't really like N64 that much.  Most of the games stink.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2000, 01:04:09 PM »
??  There wont be a MegaMan64   Nintendo ticked Capcom off a long time ago and Capcom still holds a grudge against nintendo.

there probably will be one for PSX or PSX2

~*(Remember:  Koopa is Watching you)*~

Edited by - KingKoopa on 6/1/00 12:05:35 PM
Muwahahahahahaha IIIIIIIIIIM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2000, 04:12:18 PM »
King Koopa: You obviously haven't checked Nintendo.com lately. It might have been pushed of the recent news list, but there is one.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2000, 02:19:20 AM »
first off, why would you ever check www.nintendo.com for gaming info? most other sites(i.e..www.gamefan.com/www.gamersrepublic.com) get the info a helluva lot more acurate than nintendo.com and they also get you better pics,clear videos, and unbiased opinions on the games at hand.

peace

MrWhitefolks

-save the drama for your momma-

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2000, 02:53:19 AM »
I'm looking forward to Paper Mario. I don't care if it looks kinda funky. I just want another real Mario game already! It doesn't look as if Mario64 2 is going to see the light of day on the 64. That really honks me off. They have enough time to make *2* full 3D games about some Bear no one's ever heard of (Banjo Kazooie). And yet, there's no Metroid 64, no Mario sequel, and only a 2.5-D Kirby game.

Sheesh, I'm really sick of all these sport and party-type Mario games.
Mario Kart, good idea.
Mario Party, Tennis, Golf; Not so hot.

Stop wasting your time, Nintendo. The 64's time is ticking.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2000, 05:59:18 AM »
It's because of POKEMON Mario hasn't gotten
starring roles! It's Link's fault too!(He
had a starring role on N64 already, but he's
getting another!)

He couldn't last for two darn
minutes before caving in! -Me.
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2000, 02:25:35 PM »
Just for informational value, here are the "Mario" games Nintendo has scheduled for release in the next three years.

-FOR NINTENDO 64-
Super Mario R.P.G. 2: Paper Mario
Mario Party 3
Mario Artist

-FOR GAME BOY COLOR-
Mario Tennis

-FOR GAME BOY ADVANCE-
Super Smash Bros. Advance
Super Mariokart Advance
Yoshi's Story Advance

-FOR NINTENDO GAMECUBE-
Luigi's Mansion