Print

Author Topic: Paul McCartney's 64th Birthday  (Read 16128 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2006, 01:54:14 AM »
Wonderful!!  A big person on animal rights and an important vegetarian!We should all go vegetarian in his honor!  Happy Birthday!!!

Guess who else was a vegetarian and animal rights activist.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2006, 08:15:30 AM »
The ironic thing is that Hitler treated Jews and handicaped people the way some people treat animals.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2006, 11:20:25 AM »
That statement is wrong.  He claimed to be a vegetarian, but he ate sausage and pigion and all sorts of other things.  There is a whole book written about this.  Stupid Hitler.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2006, 11:25:33 AM »
Yeah, mods.
All this vegetalk needs to be in a new topic.
Oh, yeah, fuzzy.
I've been meaning to ask you.
When did you start being a vegetarian?
Most Wishy-Washy

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2006, 11:31:31 AM »
He may not have been totally strict earlier on (assuming those few reports are accurate), but it's pretty evident that he tried to be a vegetarian, and was absolutely an animal rights activist.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2006, 11:41:26 AM »
I became a vegetarian at the beginning of May, although it seems like muck longer than that.  Hitler was stupid.  He treated people like crap, yet he wanted to ba an animal rights activist?  I hate him!
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2006, 12:11:15 PM »
Hm, that makes sense. Most vegetarians who only became that way recently seem to do that more.

I'm okay with vegetarians that are fairly quiet about their beliefs and respect peoples' opinions on what they want to eat. I know they exist, because I know quite a few of them.
I'm NOT okay with vegetarians who shove their opinions into my face and tell me what I'm doing is wrong and is "destroying the planet" whenever they see me carving into my BBQ baby-back ribs. When they do that, I usually tell them to respect others beliefs and what they want to eat, and take a huge bite of my dinner in their face to spite them.

You cannot change people, you can only change yourself. The former group of vegetarians know this. Just my two cents.

And again, happy birthday Mr. McCartney!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2006, 01:05:46 PM »
The Beetles are awesome!  Happy birthday, Paul.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »
GREAT CT, fuzzy!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2006, 01:27:11 PM »
Here's a intresting Beatle fact for you: The album Sgt. Pepper's cover was different in other countries (an obvious statement since most other albums and other objects are the same), but the most intresting cover was in Japan which was the oppiste of the U. S. cover. All the people were facing away from the cover. Also: There have been two cameos of this album cover (not japan, but the U. S.) on the Simpsons. (I used google to find webpages containing this information.

My Favorite Beatles songs include: All songs from Sgt. Pepper, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, Back in the U.S.S.R., Magical Mystery Tour soundtrack, Hard Day's Night soundtrack, Yellow Submarine, Penny Lane, Strawberry Feilds Forever, etc.

I'll post more Beatles facts as I find them!  
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
Frank Zappa hated Sgt. Pepper's.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »
The U.S. cover was supporting the "Paul is dead" hoax. Click on the link in my last post for the info.

Print