Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 165307 times)

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »
Well, they practically are, as implied by Pokemon Yellow. Besides, the protagonist's lack of individuality forces one to assume his character traits.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
They are not "practically the same". At all. Red, you know, actually has the ability to disband an entire organization, beat the Elite Four, become champion, then become the strongest trainer in the series. Ash gets to the Pokemon League, loses, then moves to a new continent. With Team Rocket still following him. But this isn't about the misconception that Red and Ash are the same person. This is about the Koopalings not having personality.
No! I don't want that!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »
Bowser Jr. is really an okay character.  He's just annoying in his debut.

In NSMB and Galaxy, he wasn't bad at all.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
I think I would feel a whole lot better about Bowser Jr. if a Mrs. Bowser appeared or was referenced at some point.

Do not use the above as an excuse to post Deviations justifying whatever rule that was about there being female versions of everything on the internet.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
I always thought Cackletta possessing Bowser was the biggest cliche I have ever seen in a video game (because GOD FORBID Bowser fights with Mario).
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
Then there are a lot of games you haven't played.
No! I don't want that!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »
My point is I was CERTAIN Bowser would wind up helping the Bros. defeat Cackletta, but no.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
The enemy helping their enemy defeat a larger threat is really more of a cliche than the possession thing, as I see it. Really, it looks like whenever you don't like something, you toss around the term "Cliche".
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »
The enemy helping their enemy defeat a larger threat is really more of a cliche than the possession thing, as I see it.
True, in the grander scope of media, but possession or evil-merging was also the catalyst for the ultimate or penultimate battles of Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, Paper Mario:TTYD, and SPM.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2009, 07:36:42 PM »
How many of those came before Superstar Saga?
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
This just in: Tv_Themes doesn't know what a cliche is
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
A cliche is something a story seems to need to have.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2009, 11:50:32 PM »
Your English license is revoked.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »
Scratch that. His living license is revoked. I've lost my patience for the 37th time.

Print