Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1707485 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7005 on: November 11, 2010, 11:05:50 PM »
What do you guys do to your DSes? I actually got mine rained on once and had to replace the motherboard, but all the screens and everything are still fine. Everything else is still from launch.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7006 on: November 12, 2010, 12:02:16 AM »
My light broke years ago, so I bough a used regular DS and I never had a problem with it.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7007 on: November 12, 2010, 12:55:43 AM »
On every Nintendo handheld I've had since the SP, the L and R buttons crap out, usually gradually, sometimes repeatedly. Fortunately, they usually happen within a year of each other. I'd still like to know why the heck that always happens to me, though. I mean, are they not designed to be carried in pockets? Because that's the only thing I can figure.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7008 on: November 12, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »
No, I think they're just designed to play games. I never heard anyone say they had pockets in mind.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7009 on: November 12, 2010, 07:30:07 AM »
I still have a perfectly good DS Lite.  I even dropped it once and all that happened was a slightly cracked casing.  Battery life kinda sucks these days, but other than that, it's in good shape.  Hoping it'll go toward a trade-in when it's time for a 3DS.

As for ANGST...

The cutscene in Other M.  If you've played the game, you know which one I'm talking about.  It's bad enough that the writing is I-threw-up-in-my-mouth bad, but what makes it worse is that people are actually trying to justify it with cries of "PTSD" and "mental and emotional issues."  I'm thinking of writing a long-winded attack on that cutscene and its horrible, horrible writing.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7010 on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:48 AM »
No, I think they're just designed to play games. I never heard anyone say they had pockets in mind.

The Game Boy Pocket was an interesting concept that worked fairly well... unless you sat on it and broke the screen. ;p
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7011 on: November 12, 2010, 11:39:03 AM »
Also it didn't have shoulder buttons.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7012 on: November 12, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
What do you guys do to your DSes?

I'm incredibly careful with mine. The touch screen looks like it's in pristine condition. It has no visible scratches, I wipe any smudges as soon as they appear, and I've never spilt anything on it.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7013 on: November 12, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
Actually, the only real problems with mine are screen-based: There's a stuck pixel, the calibration is irreparably skewed on the touch screen, and one screen temporarily glitches up whenever I open the lid. Save for the touch screen thing, though, none of these really affect gameplay.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7014 on: November 12, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
I assume you did try recalibrating it already.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7015 on: November 12, 2010, 04:55:59 PM »
Each of my DS's screens have a dead pixel, but they're only noticeable when their respective screen is black.

My touch screen has rendered Action Replay DS nearly unusable: It thinks I'm constantly scrolling down the list of games/codes, I have to hold the stylus against the screen while I navigate.

Unless Nintendo confirms that the 3DS's Virtual Console library will include GBA titles, I plan on getting a Lite for Christmas.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7016 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:42 PM »
I assume you did try recalibrating it already.
Yeah, but I don't think it worked.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7017 on: November 12, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »
I don't care if the 3DS VC has GBA games on it or not since if I want to play a GBA game I'll load it up on my Game Boy Player, my launch day GBA, or my SP that some guy gave me when I couldn't buy it at work due to lack of charger (and it has the best screen of the handheld options).
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7018 on: November 12, 2010, 11:55:41 PM »
Get a Game Boy Micro off of eBay for $40 to go with your 3DS and you'll have all the bases covered (though you might need to start wearing carpenters or cargos if you don't already).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7019 on: November 13, 2010, 12:50:32 AM »
I am currently wearing pants with 8 pockets.
That was a joke.

Print