Yes.
11 (37.9%)
No.
13 (44.8%)
I'd have to think about it more.
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Do you believe in Mario?  (Read 32818 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
Jacob Johnathon Jackson Jasper Jebediah Scarecrow Bubblegum. Ooh that was fun!   
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
My cousin had an imaginary friend named Yellowdad when he was little. I never had a straight-up imaginary friend, but I did have a pet toothbrush once. Then I decided to become imaginary king of my own imaginary universe. Then I just quit the imaginary stuff for good.

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
I never had an imaginary friend, but I did play with action figures to entertain myself.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »
I never had a straight-up imaginary friend, but I did have a pet toothbrush once.
In elementary school, I had a "pet bag" for a while. Actually, though I affectionately referred to it as such, it was really just a plastic bag I kept in a desk cabinet in my room because it was blowing across the road and came when I called it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2008, 05:06:10 AM »
What about pet rocks?  Has no one here ever had a pet rock?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 07:48:16 AM »
They were before our time.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2008, 08:20:58 AM »
I had a rock that I called a pet rock and kept on my desk, but I didn't really follow through with the whole thing.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
Didn't follow through?  Did it die?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2008, 06:40:39 AM »
No, like I said, it was just on my desk. I didn't... carry it around or say productive things to it or anything like that (then again, maybe it's just as well).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2008, 08:16:37 AM »
As in, we're all insane enough already?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2008, 12:34:43 AM »
I grew up with a dog and a lot of cats.  I didn't need a pet rock.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
This may seem like a childish question, but after studying the Multiverse Theory, my 7-year old fantasies are returning to me. If you haven't heard of it, the Multiverse Theory states that thier are Quadrillions of universes. These alternate universes are created when a random event happens. Ex: You flip a coin. The Universe splits. In one universe, the coin lands on heads. In another, the coin lands on tails. This theory can lead to extreme ideas, such as the Earth never being created, or even, different species on Earth. With so many universes, I find it near-certain that somewhere, thier is a reality similar to Mario's...perhaps even exactly like it. So...What's your opinion?

You're my king, pal! =D
When I was a child I thougt that the Mushroom Kingdom really exists, REALLY!
Once I escaped from home to look for a warp pipe around my town. I went everywhere, EVERYWHERE, in every secret, hide place, to look for it (remember that my town is very ancient ;) )! After that adventure I know every hideplace of my town and around my town!
Then I remember I wrote a ltter to my mama to tell here that I would have be back for the day after and I took with me only a carrot, because I couldn't do myself sandwiches... But i wasn't afraid to have hungry during the travel because I thougt Princess Peach gave me a cake once I would have reached the mushroom Kingdom! XD
I have been away for half a day, without find no warp pipe and I was so tired...EVEN HUNGRY! XD I thougt that my parents would be ungry for me, but they greeted me with a lot of love and offered me a lot of buiscuits and vanilla tea (I loved it so much those times! =3)! =)
Well at the end part of my dream came true...I ate what I most loved after my adventure! XD
Oh..then I tried to look for a warp pipe again, but my parents stopped me before I escaped (my sis was the spy!! DX) again! (..also because I wanted to escape during teh night...ahahah! XD)

By the way, Mario, Luigi and their friends have been my first and only imaginary friends (with my angel XD)! Only them! ;p

Then I remember that my parents never told me that mario and Co. didn't exist, I discovered it only by myself when I was 11 years old...after have read a Shigeru Miyamoto (at the beginning I thougt he was a girl! XD) and I was very ungry and sad at the same time because I have always thougt that Mario wasn't only a "fairy tail videogame"...=(

Some interesting fact, things my parents used to do and say when I believed Mario and his friends existed were like...
1)My father bought a paper cap with wings, that looked a lot like that of Mario (but it wasn't) and acting like Mario flying and saying "Whoooohooo, wahhaaaaa! It's meeee! Yahhaaaa! It's me maaario!!!" and so on....! XD
2)My mama conviced me more times to do my school homework telling me "Mario told that you'd better do them if you wanna go to visit him, his bro and Peach" (yes, my parents told me to that they were friends of Mario nd Luigi! XD)
3)Once I were playing in Bowser's castle for Mario 64 (in the N64, of course), I saw that Bowser castle was sorrounded by a lot of lava and I wondered "Why Bowser lives in a lava lake? Does ezist a lava lake?" (something like this). And my mama answered me telling "Maybe he lives near a volcano"...And me immediately "Is there a volcano here around???"
"Lots very old and like mountains...But there are actually some active and dangerous volcanos in the South of Italy" and me "Oh really?O.O"
I thougt that visiting a  volcano was a great idea to reach the Koopa Kingdom and so then directly going to the Mushroom Kingdom (that was the why I asked my mama if there was a volcano near to our town...XD): i was ready to risk in order to meet my great freinds! *_*

Now I don't believe in teh Mushroom kingdom, but this makes me sad, if I can say...Sometimes I have a kind of nostalgia (it all teh Shigeru fault! I would have never read his interviews! DX)

Oh well..I have written so much...
Better finish.

Yes, I was mad, I am still mad and I think I will remain mad...Or I won't be Caterina! =D

By the way I think that other dimensions exist and, for example, my theory is that those who are called "ghosts" come from these dimensions...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:21:43 PM by Super Caterina! »
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2008, 02:18:57 PM »
Zounds... the girl's a complete loonatic. @_@

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »
I guess it's theoretically possible that an alternate reality resembling the Marioverse could exist...

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »
Congratulations Super Caterina. You have somehow managed to fit 19 smileys into one entire post.

I guess I don't have anything else to say about the rest of the post...

Print