Print

Author Topic: You Freak Out, You Lose  (Read 226935 times)

« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2009, 07:35:35 PM »
Sexy.

Say, what's this "TV Tropes" which everyone seems to loathe so much?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

« Reply #242 on: August 20, 2009, 08:20:35 PM »
AAAAAHHH

FICTION-WRITING TIPS

WHAT COULD BE WORSE... IT BURNS

« Reply #243 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »
See this xkcd comic for why TVTropes is loathed. It's Wikipedia-addictive times 10. I love it, but don't go there if you have a project due. I had so many tabs open that no text could fit on any of them. Had to go to sleep and then wake up the next morning just to finish all the tabs I had. I propose that browser memory tests should test people browsing TVTropes.
You didn't say wot wot.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #244 on: August 20, 2009, 09:07:36 PM »
Also, it has countless spoilers everywhere that, despite the fact that there are still spoiler tags, still affect people who don't like having things ruined.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2009, 07:49:40 AM »
Well that's your own [darn] fault if you read those.

But yeah, in all actuality, TV Tropes is mad sicknasty gangsta. Makes the hours melt away if you're bored and have the self-control to stop.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2009, 12:02:19 PM »
I partly hate TV Tropes because of how they use their own special lingo to describe stuff so you have to be "in" to know what the heck they're talking about.
That was a joke.

« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »
Upon closer inspection, TV Tropes seems like little more than a Wiki of media cliches given odd names to pique the reader's interest.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
I partly hate TV Tropes because of how they use their own special lingo to describe stuff so you have to be "in" to know what the heck they're talking about.
Read: Every other website with its own community, including this one.

Upon closer inspection, TV Tropes seems like little more than a Wiki of media cliches given odd names to pique the reader's interest.
This just in: no one loves Weegee.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
Well that's your own [darn] fault if you read those.
For one, you're a loser for using the phrase "in all actuality," and two, it's impossible to avoid spoilers on TV Tropes, For one, whenever you look at a death trope you're going to get spoiled unless you've seen every single piece of media referenced on that page because there aren't spoiler tags. Also, sometimes the nature of the trope itself (like the death tropes mentioned earlier) means that it's possible to be spoiled just by reading that the trope is somehow applicable to a piece of fiction.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »
For one, for one, for one.

For one.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
No Glorb, we don't have ridiculous verbs like "lampshaded".
That was a joke.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »
Well I'm pretty sure if you go to any other place on the internet and exclaim "Oh dukar!", you'll be receiving lots of odd looks.

At least TV Tropes defines what "lampshading" is. I'm still not so sure where dukar comes from.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »
Verbing weirds language.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print